Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
J
JTod Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
J
People who post up WTB ads are just chum for scammers if you haven't figured that out yet. It isn't worth the trouble, find what you want on GB or eBay or the like.

NRA Life Member
GB1

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
How about your LGS!! If not there then go fishing. Found a Remington a 870 Wingmaster vent rib for 150.LGS needs wood refinished but have something to do with grandsons you know out of school. Good time to do some training on life skills. Good luck, You all stay safe.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Picked up a nice Red Label here a couple weeks ago with a WTB post and turned down another one.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I've purchased and sold several items on here based on WTB posts.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I've not had any bad experiences here but am sure some have.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JTod
People who post up WTB ads are just chum for scammers if you haven't figured that out yet. It isn't worth the trouble, find what you want on GB or eBay or the like.

Meh. I don't buy that.

It's just like hunting - the sign is easy to read.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
my next WTB ad title... 'WTB: Your mom a drink'

Live and die by the Browning...
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by SKane
Originally Posted by JTod

Meh. I don't buy that.

It's just like hunting - the sign is easy to read.

You sir, are correct.

Lloyd McCarter and the Honky Tonk Revival
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Not a waste of time. You just have to be a little smarter than a babe in the woods. Use a little common sense and don’t F&F a payment to somebody you don’t know from Adam...

M
MOW Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Can't we get admin to turn off PMs until the OP has 15, 20 etc. posts (admin would have review the posts to make sure they weren't crap to get their post count up). That would hinder them and maybe they would move to an easier place to scam.

Last edited by MOW; 03/20/20.
IC B3

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by MOW
Can't we get admin to turn off PMs until the OP has 15, 20 etc. posts (admin would have review the posts to make sure they weren't crap to get their post count up). That would hinder them and maybe they would move to an easier place to scam.

This is a huge site and that would take an awful lot of man hours. Not to mention that twenty posts is easily done with the amount of traffic here. Just use common sense and these guys are easy to spot. People out them almost immediately anyway. There are three or four separate threads going right now about basically the same guy.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by timl
I've purchased and sold several items on here based on WTB posts.

Same here. Never had any issue until a few weeks ago. First and only time so far.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Not a waste of time. You just have to be a little smarter than a babe in the woods. Use a little common sense and don’t F&F a payment to somebody you don’t know from Adam...

Agreed, just have to do a little work to figure out if someone is a dirt bag. I haven’t been burned yet buy this site but I also only try to deal with the names I recognize as having been on for quiet a while.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Pretty easy to figure out a scammer and tell them to GFY.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by MOW

Pretty good idea though I’d shoot for a bit more, say......24.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
whatever happened to common sense?

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Originally Posted by MOW

Pretty good idea though I’d shoot for a bit more, say......24.

So I’m sure he’s got well over 24 PM’s to people he’s trying to scam. What’s 24 regular posts to somebody like that? Just visit the various forums and pick any thread, then post away with banal comments. Doesn’t have to be anything earth shattering. I bet you or I could do it in less than fifteen minutes. What’s it to a scammer with time on his hands?

There will always be scammers. Don’t rely on the “admin” to try to protect you. You are your own best defense with some common sense.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 03/20/20.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Ill double down on my previous comment and say it’s better if there’s not a post limit, cause it makes them easier to identify.

Last edited by Dryfly24; 03/20/20.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
JTrod: I have to disagree with you - I suggest folks use due caution with their "WTB" ads hereon.
I have done so many times in the past and in fact I may be posting a "Want To Buy" ad soon for a set of Redding 17 Hornet reloading dies.
I have been having trouble finding a set in the many stores I have frequented so far this year.
Yeah it may be frustrating having to dodge a turd here on the Classifieds every once in a while but I will keep at it.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
It looks like the scammers are outed pretty quick on this site. There are a lot of eyes watching. Everyone keep up the good work. Use common sense. Look for # of post's and joined date. I would not buy anything from someone without a positive history of selling. Maybe step up the (seller is good to go) when you have a positive experience.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

150 members (257_X_50, 35WhelenNut, 300_savage, 338reddog, 308xray, 27 invisible), 1,858 guests, and 1,019 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,367
Posts18,488,274
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.