Print Thread
Hop To
Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by noKnees
Calculating deaths per population seems pretty useless while your in the exponential growth phase.

Deaths per infected individual would be something, if there was anyway to judge the real number of infected, but there isn't.

No kidding, but don't try to convince these math tyros.

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
almost 800 DEATHS in Italy the last 24 hours.

Even Fubarski is going to have to acknowledge those numbers pretty fugging soon. That is nearly 300,000/year IF THEY CAN HOLD THEIR OWN. They quite obviously are not hold their own against it they are still losing ground at an exponential rate. But never mind, he claims all but a couple had per-existing conditions. Never mind that most of those pre-existing conditions were manageable and those people could have a reasonable expectation of a normal life span or very nearly so.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
All the deaths in Italy aren’t even being accounted for. People are dying without being officially diagnosed so they don’t count.

There has got to be a genetic component to this.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
They're leveling off, in the only place that seemed serious, even though it wasn't.

Just as the dem panic is leveling off.

Just as people are realizin this was all bullshit, from the start.

You libs better start prayin for more dead people.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Fubarski
They're leveling off, in the only place that seemed serious, even though it wasn't.

From your mouth to God's ear.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

My friend in Denmark has been relaying some news from Italy.

Its apparently worse than it sounds.....and it sounds pretty bad.

My family doctor has a family member in Italy that she speaks/FaceTime with daily.My wife spoke with her by phone yesterday and I watched and listened to her on an Internet segment she did today as an infomercial for her community and patients.

Known her for over 15 years, level headed , very competent.

She is flat out scared...

Last edited by Lorne; 03/21/20.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Lorne
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

My friend in Denmark has been relaying some news from Italy.

Its apparently worse than it sounds.....and it sounds pretty bad.

My family doctor has a family member in Italy that she speaks/FaceTimes with. My wife spoke with her by phone yesterday and I watched and listened to her on an Internet segment she did today as an infomercial for her community and patients.

Known her for over 15 years, level headed , very competent.

She is flat out scared...

Dayom. I'm sorry to hear of this, but thanks. May God be with and protect her. Please keep us informed.,

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Thanks And may He protect you and yours as well

Will do

Be safe every one

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

The situation in China isn’t (or wasn’t) serious?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Fubarski is delusional.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
The situation in China isn’t (or wasn’t) serious?

It isn't now, or so they report.

But anything out of China can't be believed.

Not that anything outta the US *can* be believed.

When the facts aren't available, and very few are in this instance, it appears there are two ways that situation can be dealt with.

Use common sense and caution, before over-reacting to things that might, or might not, be a problem; or

Become hysterical, and view things that aren't threatening as the end of the world.

Which of course, is how a voodoo curse "works", in the minds of believers.

Ordinary occurrences are attributed to the curse, no matter their ordinary origin.

And that's where we're at with this deal. No amount of common sense is going to dissuade believers from panicking.

Like that other thread. The broad's body isn't even cold, no one knows why or how she died, and it's attributed to Covid.

Completely out of control stupidity.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by kingston
Fubarski is delusional.

But I hope he’s right!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Fubarski is delusional.

We're going to find out.

And, we're going to find out if you have the balls ta apologize for your chronic assholia, when this is over.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Thank you for the kind thought.

Already had it, had no problems.

When were you tested?

Are you go to respond to this?

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
When were you tested?

Are you go to respond to this?[/quote]

You're somebody who accepts every anecdotal piece of crap that gets posted on the internet as "evidence" of an epidemic, and suddenly a skeptic?

Was tested by my doctor friend.

Described my symptoms, and he told me C-19 is what I had.

Didn't waste a test, none needed and I was over it anyway.

And they aren't even testing people that they think got it, because what they got isn't as important as what's wrong with em.

And for 99.9% of people, there's very little wrong with em.

If a person actually had a serious health issue, they'd be tested.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Italy coronavirus death toll spikes yet again, up 793 in 24 hours

Italy -- a country at the heart of the coronavirus outbreak in Europe -- watched its number of cases and deaths due to the novel coronavirus astronomically leap once again, up 793 deaths with 6,557 newly confirmed cases recorded in just 24 hours.

Saturday's jump marks the worst day for fatalities since the crisis began just four months ago.

The country now counts 53,578 diagnosed infections, up 13.9 percent, with 4,825 deaths -- the highest in the world.

More than 60 percent of the most recent deaths occurred in the northern region of Lombardy. Hospitals in the area have been reeling under a staggering caseload that has left intensive care beds scarce and respirators in extremely limited supply.

According to the Financial Times, 2,857 people were in intensive care in Lombardy on Saturday, up from 2,655 on Friday.

The new increases come almost two weeks into a nationwide lockdown in an attempt to stop the COVID-19 virus in its tracks there.

There were also 943 full recoveries tallied yesterday -- another record for the country.

On Thursday, Italy was witness to yet another grim milestone in its fight against the deadly disease by overtaking China to become the country with the highest number of deaths.

On Friday the government banned the last types of outdoor exercise Italians were able to participate in under the lockdown measures by deciding that running and bicycle rides were no longer permitted.

In addition, the Italian military has also been dispatched to Milan to ensure that citizens follow the new lockdown measures.

The Italian interior ministry reported that more than 223,633 people were inspected by the Italian police nationwide on Friday, with 9,888 people reported for breaking the lockdown measures and 260 for false declarations about why they were outside.

Across the Atlantic, the number of cases in the United States has now exceeded 22,000 with more than 270 deaths. New York tops the list with at least 10,000 confirmed cases; Washington state follows with just over 1,500 cases, and California is in tow with more than 1,200.

Thus far, the global pandemic has infected more than 287,000 people and killed over 11,900. More than 90,000 people have recovered so far, mostly in China.

The Associated Press and The Financial Times contributed to this report.

Julia Musto is a reporter for Fox News Digital. You can find her on Twitter at @JuliaElenaMusto.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Lennie
Italy coronavirus death toll spikes yet again, up 793 in 24 hours

Italy -- a country at the heart of the coronavirus outbreak in Europe -- watched its number of cases and deaths due to the novel coronavirus astronomically leap once again, up 793 deaths with 6,557 newly confirmed cases recorded in just 24 hours.

Saturday's jump marks the worst day for fatalities since the crisis began just four months ago.

The country now counts 53,578 diagnosed infections, up 13.9 percent, with 4,825 deaths -- the highest in the world.

More than 60 percent of the most recent deaths occurred in the northern region of Lombardy. Hospitals in the area have been reeling under a staggering caseload that has left intensive care beds scarce and respirators in extremely limited supply.

According to the Financial Times, 2,857 people were in intensive care in Lombardy on Saturday, up from 2,655 on Friday.

The new increases come almost two weeks into a nationwide lockdown in an attempt to stop the COVID-19 virus in its tracks there.

There were also 943 full recoveries tallied yesterday -- another record for the country.

On Thursday, Italy was witness to yet another grim milestone in its fight against the deadly disease by overtaking China to become the country with the highest number of deaths.

On Friday the government banned the last types of outdoor exercise Italians were able to participate in under the lockdown measures by deciding that running and bicycle rides were no longer permitted.

In addition, the Italian military has also been dispatched to Milan to ensure that citizens follow the new lockdown measures.

The Italian interior ministry reported that more than 223,633 people were inspected by the Italian police nationwide on Friday, with 9,888 people reported for breaking the lockdown measures and 260 for false declarations about why they were outside.

Across the Atlantic, the number of cases in the United States has now exceeded 22,000 with more than 270 deaths. New York tops the list with at least 10,000 confirmed cases; Washington state follows with just over 1,500 cases, and California is in tow with more than 1,200.

Thus far, the global pandemic has infected more than 287,000 people and killed over 11,900. More than 90,000 people have recovered so far, mostly in China.

The Associated Press and The Financial Times contributed to this report.

Julia Musto is a reporter for Fox News Digital. You can find her on Twitter at @JuliaElenaMusto.

For Saturday, 943 people recovered and 793 died. Those are interesting numbers.

Last edited by Lennie; 03/21/20.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Fubarski,
So you weren’t tested and have no idea if you had covid -19 other than your doc buddy said your symptoms were consistent. Got it, and thanks for clarifying.

Do you consider the situation with covid -19 in Italy to be serious?

Last edited by AKwolverine; 03/21/20.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Fubarski,
So you weren’t tested and have no idea if you had covid -19 other than your doc buddy said your symptoms were consistent. Got it, and thanks for clarifying.

Do you consider the situation with covid -19 in Italy to be serious?

I appreciate the sane question.

It's been discussed in more detail in one of the threads, but the short course is this:

At the time, a few days ago, when the facts were fresh, there were only 12 people killed by Covid alone in Italy.

12 total.

The rest of the deaths occurred in elderly people with multiple pre-existing serious medical conditions, that were receiving end of life care in nursing homes.

And that's also true about today's deaths.

But posters here on the fire "believe" the death totals, but "don't believe" the same sources reporting the details.

So, Italy is as serious as anyplace else. Which is to say, if you aren't in an endangered category, you've little to worry about.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

You're somebody who accepts every anecdotal piece of crap that gets posted on the internet as "evidence" of an epidemic, and suddenly a skeptic?

Was tested by my doctor friend.

Described my symptoms, and he told me C-19 is what I had.

Didn't waste a test, none needed and I was over it anyway.

And they aren't even testing people that they think got it, because what they got isn't as important as what's wrong with em.

And for 99.9% of people, there's very little wrong with em.

If a person actually had a serious health issue, they'd be tested.

I’m the last person you can accuse of accepting anecdotal evidence.

Start here...

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...0096/re-1st-us-corona-death#Post14620096

Page 19 of 23 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (219DW, 1OntarioJim, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 163bc, 53 invisible), 1,713 guests, and 1,194 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,108
Posts18,522,613
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.