Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
[s][/s]
Originally Posted by MM879
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
America ain’t Italy folks! It’s aging population of heavy smokers and drinkers have skewed their numbers dramatically.
Plus I’m betting they don’t have the personal hygiene/ hand washing habits that Most Americans do !!!

Is that a prayer? Or just wishful thinking?

I have not heard of any one of us volunteering to move to Snohomish Wa to sanitize hospital lobbies.

Has nothing to do with volunteering in Washington St.
or NYC, or LA. Just truth.
Italy has an aging population of heavy smokers and drinkers. Those folks are gonna be more vulnerable and get the virus and die from complications. Just the way it is. Nothing more, nothing less. And the fact that old world countries don’t practice the personal hygiene that most Americans do.

And the fact that rural Americans aren’t packed together like sardines like folks in Italy in huge apartment type nursing homes they call “retirement” centers. And poor National Health Care is another huge factor.
Do you think that Italian Doctors are as qualified health care professionals as American Doctors? I’m betting not.

I lived in Italy for a while. In the afternoon the Senior towers would empty out for free wine, cigars and bocci ball. It would fill the entire park by the river. I would estimate +10k in the complex. The senior centers lined the river all the way to the city centre, 7 - 8 miles of towers.

Yep. NOTHING LIKE AMERICA.

But you can’t convince some of the knotheads here of that.

Sounds a lot like a good chunk of urban USA to me, population density-wise that is. How many millions living on the island of Manhatten?

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
[/quote]

Sounds a lot like a good chunk of urban USA to me, population density-wise that is. How many millions living on the island of Manhatten?[/quote]

This to me is one of the disconnects with some. For many, the way this thing looks and how they think it will play out when you live in secluded areas is much different then if you live in suburbia or a city. Two very different threat levels and levels of concern.

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Michael Scott
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tarquin
7 percent....24,700 confirmed cases and 1800 deaths. Do the math.

This is useless information.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by LazyV
Originally Posted by Scott Thornley

Sounds a lot like a good chunk of urban USA to me, population density-wise that is. How many millions living on the island of Manhatten?

This to me is one of the disconnects with some. For many, the way this thing looks and how they think it will play out when you live in secluded areas is much different then if you live in suburbia or a city. Two very different threat levels and levels of concern.

Yep.

Last edited by Scott_Thornley; 03/22/20.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
UK Virus ALERT

The English are feeling the pinch in relation to the recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, the level may be raised yet again to “Irritated” or even “A Bit Cross.”

The English have not been “A Bit Cross” since the blitz in 1940 when tea supplies nearly ran out.

The virus has been re-categorized from “Tiresome” to “A Bloody Nuisance.” The last time the British issued a “Bloody Nuisance” warning level was in 1588, when threatened by the Spanish Armada.

The Scots have raised their threat level from “Pissed Off” to “Let's Get the Bastard.” They don't have any other levels. This is the reason they have been used on the front line of the British army for the last 300 years.

The French government announced yesterday that it has raised its alert level from “Run” to “Hide.” The only two higher levels in France are “Collaborate” and “Surrender.” The rise was precipitated by a recent fire that destroyed France's white flag factory, effectively paralyzing the country's military capability.

Italy has increased the alert level from “Shout Loudly and Excitedly” to “Elaborate Military Posturing.” Two more levels remain: “Ineffective Combat Operations” and “Change Sides.”

The Germans have increased their alert state from “Disdainful Arrogance” to “Dress in Uniform and Sing Marching Songs.” They also have two higher levels: “Invade a Neighbor” and “Lose.”

Belgians, on the other hand, are all on holiday as usual; the only threat they are worried about is NATO pulling out of Brussels.

The Spanish are all excited to see their new submarines ready to deploy. These beautifully designed subs have glass bottoms so the new Spanish navy can get a really good look at the old Spanish navy.

Australia, meanwhile, has raised its alert level from “No worries” to “She'll be alright, Mate.” Two more escalation levels remain: “Crikey! I think we'll need to cancel the barbie this weekend!” and “The barbie is cancelled.” So far, no situation has ever warranted use of the final escalation level.

Pure genius

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There may be cultural differences that I have not seen discussed. I work with white guys and Mexicans. Watching them you see marked differences. The Mexicans touch each other all the time. White guys never touch each other. I had to tell the Mexican dudes to stop, for health reasons. I don't know how the Italian people are, I've never been to Italy. It's something that could affect the situation.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by electram
Hopefully a positive sign today in Italy the new deaths today (651) and new cases reported (5560) are both down from yesterday. Still staggering, but down. There death total of 2 weeks ago was where we are right now.

Lets see them sustain this for 3 more days before we call it a trend.

both numbers down again for Italy today...fingers crossed. Meanwhile Spain is heading in the wrong direction.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
The TRUTH Shall Set You FREE!

ROME (Reuters) - The number of coronavirus cases in Italy is probably 10 times higher than the official tally, the head of the agency collating the data said on Tuesday as the government readied new measures to force people to stay at home.
“A ratio of one certified case out of every 10 is credible,” Angelo Borrelli, the head of the Civil Protection Agency, told La Repubblica newspaper, indicating he believed as many as 640,000 people could have been infected.

Conclusion FACTS:

1 - Death rate is one tenth what is reported.
2 – 59,138 (cases) / 5,476 (deaths) = 9.2%
3 – WRONG, the true number is .92% (<1%). And that is from an extremely old population with high co-morbidities (other high risk health issues/high death potential if they get virus).

The communists are falsifying the numbers all over the world.

The proof is starting to roll in.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 19352012
There may be cultural differences that I have not seen discussed. I work with white guys and Mexicans. Watching them you see marked differences. The Mexicans touch each other all the time. White guys never touch each other. I had to tell the Mexican dudes to stop, for health reasons. I don't know how the Italian people are, I've never been to Italy. It's something that could affect the situation.

I would guess the Italians and French men act much the same as the Mexicans you mentioned. Lots of cultural differences factor in. Including Personal Hygiene.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
712 new deaths reported today. Total deaths are now up to 8215 out of 80,589 known cases.

Good news is that the daily new deaths and daily new cases are still below the peak of March 21.

The not so good news is that of all known case resolutions, 55% are recovering, 45% are dying.

Page 23 of 23 1 2 21 22 23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

184 members (280shooter, 1OntarioJim, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 2500HD, 19 invisible), 1,670 guests, and 936 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,372
Posts18,488,335
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.