Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
jimy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
With all of the cops shooting 9MM, 40's and the likes, they shoot the bad guys 6, 8, 10 times with high capacity semi auto hand guns with terrible results, yet I just watched Trampus knock a couple Mexican bandits off running horses at 40 maybe 50 yards, both of them hit the ground dead, not even a dead cat bounce out of either one of them, I've never seen results like that from a Glock !

To rounds fired, two dead , cops need Colts !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I carry a .45 because they don't make a .46!

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
But they do make a .50

J
jimy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Wise man!

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
NY State used to carry Smith 25-5s, IIRC I think they carried Colt New Service in .45 Colt for awhile, too.. I'm sure some other states did likewise, at least for awhile.

Last edited by ratsmacker; 03/24/20.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
IC B2

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
We had an older gentleman on our range with a 1911 with a laser a couple of years ago who stuck his hand in front of his muzzle to see if his laser was on. For some stupid reason, he pulled the trigger. When he came off the range he was bleeding but with his nonchalant manner, I first thought he just had slide bite. Then I saw the hole in the palm of his hand. So much for the old "hit 'em with a .45 in the little finger and they're going down" tale.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
R
Because it's not 1860....

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Because Glocks can carry twice the amount easily. grin

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by jimy
With all of the cops shooting 9MM, 40's and the likes, they shoot AT the bad guys 6, 8, 10 times with high capacity semi auto hand guns

Fixed your post. Given the adrenaline dump they miss far more than they hit. Doesn’t matter how big your bullet is if you don’t hit anything.

Local cop shot 19 times at a bad guy in a back yard at 2 am. Didn’t hit him once. Turned out he didn’t have a gun though the cop was sure he did.

I think the only reason the cop caught him was that he couldn’t run with his pants full of shyte.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by UPhiker
We had an older gentleman on our range with a 1911 with a laser a couple of years ago who stuck his hand in front of his muzzle to see if his laser was on. For some stupid reason, he pulled the trigger. When he came off the range he was bleeding but with his nonchalant manner, I first thought he just had slide bite. Then I saw the hole in the palm of his hand. So much for the old "hit 'em with a .45 in the little finger and they're going down" tale.

So his hand was still attached to his wrist?

Reminds me of Marine Corps Boot Camp back in 1972. I was one of a couple of "white" Marines included in a virtually all Mexican platoon. We were at the rifle range at Camp Pendleton. One of the Mexican recruits was homesick and figured out a plan to shoot himself in the toe with his M-14, thus getting a medical discharge from the Marine Corps and a free ticket home. Unfortunately for him he shot off half of his foot. He did get the medical discharge, though! grin

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
IC B3

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by ringworm
Because it's not 1860....

Come on, man. Everybody knows that the 45 Colt round wasn't developed until 1872..............

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J

My friend had bought a 45LC and we took it out with factory ammo. Asked what I thought and I told him take poke at that bowling pin right there, which was only about 15yds. He shot it and barely knocked it down and he thought he had grazed it. I told him let's go check it out. Well the slug was dead center on the bowling pin and had penetrated maybe 1/8 or so of an inch. Looked at him and said, if you don't hand load it won't do much! Now don't get me wrong it will kill someone but would better make sure you place that shot in the vitals!

MAGA! This is the way!
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Because sometimes innocents are in town.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Not enough ammo to spray and pray and hope they hit something. When Nashville PD switched from .38 Special S&W revolvers to 9MM Glocks I asked one of their training officers why they made the switch. He replied that it gave their guys the ability to throw away a few shots while diving for cover without having to reload. When I asked him what would happen if they hit an innocent bystander with one of those throw away shots, he mumbled something obscene and walked off. This was not a rookie I was talking to- - - - -he was a precinct supervisor!

I handload a 300 grain hard cast bullet with a .40 caliber flat meplat at 1300 FPS for my Ruger Blackhawk .45 Colt. That load launches bowling pins about 10 yards with a dead center hit.
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by javman

My friend had bought a 45LC and we took it out with factory ammo. Asked what I thought and I told him take poke at that bowling pin right there, which was only about 15yds. He shot it and barely knocked it down and he thought he had grazed it. I told him let's go check it out. Well the slug was dead center on the bowling pin and had penetrated maybe 1/8 or so of an inch. Looked at him and said, if you don't hand load it won't do much! Now don't get me wrong it will kill someone but would better make sure you place that shot in the vitals!

I always thought the factory loading of modern commercial .45 Colt ammo had an appropriate powder load to permit safe use in originally designed black powder cartridge revolvers.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L

Yes, but he missed the little finger, so that doesn't count. Placement, placement, placement! smile

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Originally Posted by javman

I always thought the factory loading of modern commercial .45 Colt ammo had an appropriate powder load to permit safe use in originally designed black powder cartridge revolvers.

It generally is, with the exception of high performance loads that are marked as such, with a disclaimer. Think Buffalo Bore, Double Tap, etc.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by las

Yes, but he missed the little finger, so that doesn't count. Placement, placement, placement! smile

Good point! I stand corrected.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some used too...Mostly Sheriffs and deputies in the counties...City cops were rolling Colt Python’s and large frame Smiths.

Sig, then Glock took over and the rest is history...I always respected the Sheriffs departments that allowed their people to continue to carry a Colt 1911.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
jimy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Well maybe those Mexican bandits weren't as tuff as today's bowling pins !

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (10Glocks, 1badf350, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 62 invisible), 2,356 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,828
Posts18,477,926
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.