Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
https://la.eater.com/2020/3/25/21194144/cheesecake-factory-rent-strike-chain-restaurant

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, not just with Cheesecake Factory, but many business who will be in the same boat. There may be enough BK's that it will behoove landlords to work and be flexible with tenants, since there may not be as many other business in line to rent.

I'd also think that fellow Americans will rise to the occasion to help their fellow man.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess much of it comes down to actually holds the note on the property.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
wonder what happens when the landlord tells the mortgage holder he ain't paying his mortage? and then the bank who owns the note tells their customers they can't get their money? and the customer tells his creditors he can't pay his bills? sounds like 1929 to me.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
not business but I bet they can catch a break too

Homeowners who have lost income or their jobs because of the coronavirus outbreak are getting some relief. Depending on their situation, they should be eligible to have their mortgage payments reduced or suspended for up to 12 months.

Federal regulators, through the mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are ordering lenders to offer homeowners flexibility. The move covers about half of all home loans in the U.S. — those guaranteed by Fannie and Freddie. But regulators expect that the entire mortgage industry will quickly adopt a similar policy.

Under the plan, people who have suffered a loss of income can qualify to make reduced payments or be granted a complete pause in payments.

Last edited by KFWA; 03/25/20.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by KFWA
not business but I bet they can catch a break too

Homeowners who have lost income or their jobs because of the coronavirus outbreak are getting some relief. Depending on their situation, they should be eligible to have their mortgage payments reduced or suspended for up to 12 months.

Federal regulators, through the mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, are ordering lenders to offer homeowners flexibility. The move covers about half of all home loans in the U.S. — those guaranteed by Fannie and Freddie. But regulators expect that the entire mortgage industry will quickly adopt a similar policy.

Under the plan, people who have suffered a loss of income can qualify to make reduced payments or be granted a complete pause in payments.
We called our lender yesterday as the Governor closed all our businesses on 3/17. House is in wife’s name, loan in her name. She has 824 credit score, never late, in fact several payments ahead. We owe far less than the home is worth. Loan is through US Bank. Told them her businesses had been shut down and that we had no idea when they would open again. We want to be ahead of any future potential problems and wanted to make them aware and find out what programs are available. The man said that the only thing that US Bank is offering is a 6 month forbearance. At the end of the 6 months, a lump sum payment is due for all payments and interest. I asked what will be reported on her credit, and he said her credit will show that the loan is under forbearance. Basically, they won’t repo the home or start collections. But they also won’t offer any assistance with spreading out the payments either.

Buy once, cry once.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
that is interesting, the busiest restaurant in our entire area is the cheesecake factory. if you attempt to go there on a weekend, plan on a 2 hour or longer wait. They have 2 stores in our area and both of them are utterly slammed. In fact the mall they are in they single handily revived the entire mall. The mall was about to be scrapped. instead cheesecake factory moved in and the entire end of the mall was able to build brand new stores and basically completely remake itself.

another mall in our area is a ghost town and if I was running the property I would actually offer the cheesecake factory free rent because the entire area of the mall would be revitislised. however for them to just say dudes are aren't paying and if I already had a lease with them. I would say well I guess we will see about that.

all the landlord needs to do is wait till they get back rip roaring with business again and say well ok, actually they don't even need to say anything, here is your notice pay in 3 days or vacate. The busiest restuarant in town should be able to pay its rent after being closed for 2 weeks or its the most mickey mouse operation financially I have ever seen.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There will be a lot of that & prolly not much will happen for 3-4 months...................maybe.

Then the foreclosures & defaults will begin.

LOTS of bars & restaurants, & likely many other small businesses, that are now closed will never open again.

They simply cannot survive w/o cash flow, today, everyday.

MM

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The city here is my son’s business landlord. They have offered rent forgiveness for March and April. It was the city that shut his business down.

Sam......

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
At the end of the 6 months, a lump sum payment is due for all payments and interest. I asked what will be reported on her credit, and he said her credit will show that the loan is under forbearance. Basically, they won’t repo the home or start collections. But they also won’t offer any assistance with spreading out the payments either.

So, at the end of 6 months, there was no relief, and the customer is required to come up with the P&I to bring the loan current, while in the meantime, your credit rating also takes a hit, forbearance.

Why can't the owner of the paper, put the 6 months on the backend of the note, and the customer just simply start making scheduled payments again?

Answer: To pinch the customer, so the paper holder can have the opportunity to force foreclosure when the opportunity presents itself.

Wow...just wow, but not surprised.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A Jew once told me that the world is in debt but it doesn't matter as long as it can be serviced.

I don't think it will come to it, but it would be good to see what happens to (((them))) when it can't.

IC B3

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
There will be a lot of that & prolly not much will happen for 3-4 months...................maybe.

Then the foreclosures & defaults will begin.

LOTS of bars & restaurants, & likely many other small businesses, that are now closed will never open again.

They simply cannot survive w/o cash flow, today, everyday.

MM

You are 100% correct.

The American public has no clue to the level of damage that has been inflicted to the economy, and if they think this vapor locked economic engine can just be restarted, like walking out to the car every morning, they are in for a rude awakening.

"He is far from Stupid"

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Honor your obligations and commitments. It's what separates men from bitches. We're barely 3 weeks into it and already here? Wait two months.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Talking to a buddy today about our historic downtown district full of little bohemian shops, local restaurants, etc...
We both agreed after this winds down, we won't recognize the landscape. Local banker told me they are forecasting 15% unemployment locally for 6 mos minimum. We are a college town and most businesses realized 35-40% of their revenue off college students. Instead of 3 mos without students, it'll be 7 most this year. Many will not be able to ride this out.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Honor your obligations and commitments. It's what separates men from bitches. We're barely 3 weeks into it and already here? Wait two months.

It's not that easy when the consumer has no money to purchase goods, and businesses stop their plans for expansion dead in their tracks, both of which kill contracting businesses, wholesalers, and manufacturers. A business just can not keep the doors open forever with ZERO foot traffic, and that fact alone is what brings an economy to its knees.

We are looking at a repeat of the 1980's, but this time it will be in multiples I'm afraid. The question is, how many "X's".

Those who lived and worked through it, know exactly what I'm talking about.

"He is far from Stupid"

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Cheesecake dicks are trying to set themselves up for gubberment dollars! They could give a chitt about the building owner. The entire chain of Cheesecake stores, are overpriced, under quality, blubber creating, yuppie palaces! Not worth going too!

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Bad times to be in the restaurant business, and our family has a couple restaurants that we've leased out. Our leases are based off a percentage of the gross income, and around 2% of the gross goes to taxes and insurance. The worst thing for us is the tourist season in Florida is over and our best quarter will be our worst this year. Every dollar that you didn't make you'll never see it again. We need things to get back to normal ASAP.

Life is good live it while you can.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Most of the jobs lost in the service industry are minimum/low wage jobs. They weren't buying houses or new cars, they weren't going out and spending $50 on dinner or expensive vacations. They aren't putting money Into 401k's etc... Unless your locale's economy is based solely on service/tourism it's going to bounce back.
Those jobs have little real effect on the economy, wealth doesn't trickle upwards no matter what Bernie says.
The bulk of the high paying jobs have simply transitioned to working from home. I got the go ahead to start a chain restaurant build in two weeks, and two custom homes. One in the $350,000 range one just under $700,000 all in the last week and a half. Got the go ahead to keep moving on three different large projects we're doing now. One is around 1.5 mil, one is $250,000 and one is $440,000. All investment property, commercial leases.

I do think we're going to see the escalation of the inevitable, the death of the brick and mortar retail stores and an even faster migration to online sales for every facet of your needs. I also think you'll see cultural changes as far as hygeine, eating out, more awareness of social gatherings etc. This event will leave it's Mark on our culture, but I don't think we're going into a Japan style stagnation. The entire globe is in the same boat and we're still the safe Haven bet in troubled times and still the strongest nation on Earth. China, will take the biggest step backwards.

Last edited by jackmountain; 03/25/20.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I am that business owner (with partners) that is helping rebuild our downtown area one block from the local university. We have won awards and praise for the community because of the revitalization we’ve brought back to our small town. We’re in the process of renovating another building. My partners and I currently own five restaurants, a couple of bars and a boutique hotel. We employ around 100 plus employees. This is devastating on us! Our restaurants have dropped 75% in business and we’ve laid almost all of our employees off. Down to only salaries managers and they have taken cuts. The hotel has only one room rented every few days. The governor made us close the bars and dining rooms. We still owe the banks.
Yes, hopefully we’ll make it through and have a vibrant rebound. But when you have a incredibly large bank note and employ many people that rely on you for their livelihood it’s tough. I look to my employees as friends or my family and to have to lay them off in order for the company to survive is tough.
We have spoken to the banks and we’ll pay them off but if we have to pay all of the notes with no help or assistance we would go bankrupt and our city would loose a tremendous amount of tax revenue.
It’s more to this than just helping a couple of families.
God bless us all!

"If I couldn't laugh I would go insane." JB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bamagun01
I am that business owner (with partners) that is helping rebuild our downtown area one block from the local university. We have won awards and praise for the community because of the revitalization we’ve brought back to our small town. We’re in the process of renovating another building. My partners and I currently own five restaurants, a couple of bars and a boutique hotel. We employ around 100 plus employees. This is devastating on us! Our restaurants have dropped 75% in business and we’ve laid almost all of our employees off. Down to only salaries managers and they have taken cuts. The hotel has only one room rented every few days. The governor made us close the bars and dining rooms. We still owe the banks.
Yes, hopefully we’ll make it through and have a vibrant rebound. But when you have a incredibly large bank note and employ many people that rely on you for their livelihood it’s tough. I look to my employees as friends or my family and to have to lay them off in order for the company to survive is tough.
We have spoken to the banks and we’ll pay them off but if we have to pay all of the notes with no help or assistance we would go bankrupt and our city would loose a tremendous amount of tax revenue.
It’s more to this than just helping a couple of families.
God bless us all!

Sir I wish you all the luck in the world.. hang in there..... frown

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Bad times to be in the restaurant business, and our family has a couple restaurants that we've leased out. Our leases are based off a percentage of the gross income, and around 2% of the gross goes to taxes and insurance. The worst thing for us is the tourist season in Florida is over and our best quarter will be our worst this year. Every dollar that you didn't make you'll never see it again. We need things to get back to normal ASAP.

Hasn't the bulk of the tourist season already passed?
Seems by April first things normally slow down rather rapidly.

Not insinuating that you will not occur related losses but the bulk of the 1st quarter should already be in the bank.

The balance of the year going forward is another thing.....Best of luck...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (160user, 21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 72 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,329 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.