Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by teal
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Hard to say how it shakes out.

All I know is that in the fire service we see people that call us commies....you cant force me off my land...this is Murrica!

Then [bleep] gets bad and its all...."i pay taxes and your salary! Come risk your life to save my schit!"

So we do.

Pard owns a gun range and store - was interviewed because of the rush on guns/ammo. Posted it to his FB. Someone asked "Why would there be a run on guns when this is a pandemic? You can't shoot a virus.."

His response was decent - "Police are severely limiting the calls they respond to and their response time is increasing as they take precautions. Also realize that this virus may also swing through your local police department and put many of them out of service. Entire departments could go down. Now how long after that happens do you think it will take criminals to figure out they have free reign? What would you like to have in your hands when that happens?"

She changed her tune ricky tic.

Since day one, I've been trying to explain that to everyone who says that. Seems obvious to me. How is it not obvious to everyone with an IQ above room temperature?

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I think we'll all have a better idea what's really going on about April 15th. I'm trying to isolate with my family until then.

Wife is s PA and wants to practice telemedicine but they say she can't do it from home because of some law. They want here to go into the Drs office and make calls from there. She really wants to get back at it.

The Dr she works for has been really slow the last few weeks. Almost no patients are coming in unless they are covid like sick. They don't have any protective equipment at that office. No one is coming in for physicals, med reviews, and other.basic stuff. No one wants to be in a Drs office unless they have to.

It sucks she can't take calls from home. We have room to set up her own private office and all their medical records are electronic and can be accessed from a laptop. We could set up a VPN really easy.

I don't want her heading back to the office just to make phone calls when I'm immunosuppressed and our 8 year old has bad asthma. Stupid health care beurocracy and its laws. Seems like it would be a great time to let her take calls from our house. There is a lot she could do for people by phone. Many just need a med refill or a health question answered.

Bb

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by irfubar
Oh and sse my information does not come from the news..... where does your info come from.... may be a clue in there?

So far, my information comes from news accounts and videos published yesterday by two nurses facing these circumstances. They were visibly shaken, exhausted, in shock really, not hysterical or frantic.

Last edited by sse; 03/27/20.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by viking
I don’t know, but my BS meter is pegged out on this covid chit. The regular flu, H1N1, swine, bird and what ever else was way worse and the country never shut down. Something is going on.

Because, with the exception of bird flu (which does not typically have person to person transmission), the other flus don't put 15-20% in the hospital, and don't kill 2-3% of those that get it. And, unlike the other flus there is no existing immunity in the population. I hope you naysayers are right...but I don't see any evidence that you are.

We are going to find out because the U.S. is on its way to having a bunch of cases...thinking will be talking millions of cases at some point (a month from now?), hopefully not more.

Anyway, that is why we are shutting things down. No way China quarantines cities and forces lock downs for something no worse than the flu.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sse
Oh and sse my information does not come from the news..... where does your info come from.... may be a clue in there?

So far, my information comes from news accounts and videos published yesterday by two nurses facing these circumstances. They were visibly shaken, exhausted, in shock really, not hysterical or frantic.

Beware of people with agendas.... I would not trust that info

Interestingly my wifes colleagues seem to be divided , the older experienced ones are dismissing much of this as overblown and business as usual.

The younger and coincidentally liberal leaning ones think the sky is falling , or more accurately it is going to fall ....... soon

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Hysterical.

True that!

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know the answer, these predictions may be correct, but some of this is reminiscent of Owl Gores predictions of coastal cities being underwater by now

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
I really, most sincerely hope that I am less correct about what I think will happen in the next two weeks than I was about what I thought would happen in the last two weeks.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't know what the right numbers are, but for sure, we have not yet seen the peak for infections or deaths either.

Going to be an interesting next 3-4 weeks...............maybe another extended lockdown? I dunno.

MM

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by WoodsyAl
I really, most sincerely hope that I am less correct about what I think will happen in the next two weeks than I was about what I thought would happen in the last two weeks.

Not much hope of that.

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
What symptoms do these people have that aren't getting tested?

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
some of the opinions here remind me of blue hairs who can't comprehend why their drivers license was taken away

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Cherry pick certain data points, extrapolate it using modeling, feed it to CNN and other media trash outlets, Bingo, you have an artificial crisis.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by sse
some of the opinions here remind me of blue hairs who can't comprehend why their drivers license was taken away

Are we to assume you are insulting everyone on this thread that doesn't agree with you?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Fubarski
Originally Posted by WoodsyAl

Not much hope of that.

I have a suspicion you didn’t read my post carefully.

Al

Spend your life wisely.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I do believe the door has been opened for major taxation. No hospital bed for that.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by sse
Originally Posted by sse
i realize the numbers are not impressive currently, when compared to other similar health threats, and they may never exceed the prior threats. problem is they are peaking for a given region at the same time.

How many or which of the prior virus/influenza health threat(s) resulted in medical facilities being inundated with severely ill and dying patients? Can anyone ever remember this happening before? Speak up.

Or, do you not believe the news reports or frantic video clips of nurses working 24 hour shifts wth no ability to properly treat these patients? With dwindling and sick staff? Dwindling space, PPE, medications, equipment, to the point that life-saving response needs to be rationed?

Tell us more about the dead patients... as in how many?

My sources on the west coast tell me several hospitals and clinics are empty. Once test kits arrived and people tested negative they cleared out.

You answer my questions and I will do my best to answer yours. I am neither hysterical or trying to scare anyone, just stating fact.

The reason why there are places without catastrophe right now is that, thank God, the problem has not peaked at every hot spot simultaneously, that would have been hell on earth. But believe me catastrophe is exactly what has happened and is currently happening in certain localities, including my neck of the woods right now.

I am adjusting my behavior to avoid being an unfortunate patient under these circumstances, or the possibility of even remotely contributing to this horrible situation.

Ok to answer your question, my wife is a nurse , during the H1N1 pandemic the hospital she worked at was full with people dying from H1N1
She also tells me during bad flu years they would get worked into the ground.

And yet during the H1N1 epediemic in 2009 most of us did not even know there was a problem because Obama's accomplises in the Media kept burrying the story..

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Truth is, no one posting here knows how this will turn out when all is said and done. Right now there's not enough data to know, even for someone with expertise in epidemiology. We don't have a handle on basic information like how many people are infected.

This reminds me of the first Gulf War, when the media first widely reported on the use of sophisticated weapons like smart bombs. Everybody was an expert, and everybody was just repeating what they'd heard on whatever news outlet they listened to. I overheard two 20-something women discussing the finer points of smart bomb targeting systems. As if they were experts.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by smokepole
Truth is, no one posting here knows how this will turn out when all is said and done. Right now there's not enough data to know, even for someone with expertise in epidemiology. We don't have a handle on basic information like how many people are infected.

This reminds me of the first Gulf War, when the media first widely reported on the use of sophisticated weapons like smart bombs. Everybody was an expert, and everybody was just repeating what they'd heard on whatever news outlet they listened to. I overheard two 20-something women discussing the finer points of smart bomb targeting systems. As if they were experts.

Hey it gives up something to talk about while staying at home. A lot of the experts disagree with each other, just like folks on the fire.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Data? Who needs data when you've got an instinct for smelling bullshit.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

631 members (160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 10ring1, 007FJ, 72 invisible), 2,638 guests, and 1,372 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,093
Posts18,483,005
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.