Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Sam, I threw 2 nice new pair of the Photogrey away many years ago after getting a pair of prescription Polaroid. I fish a good deal at times and the Polaroid cut glare from the highway, white cliche ranch roads or oilfield roads and off reflections from vehicles ahead. They are unreal in snow or on the water. Transitions only darkens things and doesnt really deal with glare.

You lose a lot of energy through bright, sunny days, esp on snow or water due to neural stimulation of the iris sphincter muscle due to glare. One nerve fiber in the iris innervates only 8-10 muscle fibers, where one nerve fiber innervates about 200 muscle fibers in the leg.

Tire your legs out, sit down and rest and you're ready to go again. Not so with neuro exhaustion.

I could get great discounts on eyewear so I had nice off clear weak Rx for night and Polaroid pr for sunlight. Bolshevicks got in the eyewear biz and you're looking at big money for 2 pr which is best, but I would at least opt for one pair with a Polaroid clip for daylight. They make them with a special clip on for a specific frame.

They do make some good clip on polaroids that can be used with many different frame shapes.

If you work and pay taxes you deserve some Polaroid gray which doesn't give color distortion as amber does.

You may want to pm gopher.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/30/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Seems we are talking about two different things? progressive and transition.... I may have confused them, I was thinkin the old farts no line bi focals, not the sunglass variety?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by kkahmann
Zenni Optical works for me

Ya thats the one I used.

Zenni works but it's Chinese.
I use glassesusa.com

Quando omni flunkus moritati
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Thank you guys for the great replies.

Most of the time I wear contacts and if needed polarized sunglasses but I like to give my eyes a break, especially if it's dusty.

If I knew 100% for sure it would work I would go with Lasik but I'm too chicken. Probably overly paranoid....

Bright days are annoying with regular old glasses!

Fubes, sorry for the confusion, I am talking about the Transition lens that changes 'shade' depending on the lighting conditions.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have bought them for a long time. I have not in 3 years and just carry really good sunglasses when I need them. They bothered my eyesight in low light.

IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Good luck it with Sam, take care, and good luck calving.
You make the cattle racket look like all fun. Hard dirty work, work.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I purchased a pair of prescription safety glasses in brown tinted glass. They work for time at the rifle bench and for operating equipment or driving in bright conditions. I actually prefer them to transitions. The tinted glass is a fairly low cost option if you are buying glasses anyway.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Whiptail
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by kkahmann
Zenni Optical works for me

Ya thats the one I used.

Zenni works but it's Chinese.
I use glassesusa.com

Thank you!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I got transition lenses 5 or 6 years back and couldn't stand them. No darkening when driving is beyond irritating. Non-polarized isn't nearly as effective at cutting glare. I'm much happier with a clear pair (or 4) and a tinted/polarized pair (or 2). I can't remember the last time I had the transition lenses on.

...I'm being hard on them, they aren't that bad but I much prefer 2 different pair, clear and polarized. If you don't mind them staying lighter when you're driving or behind glass and you don't mind glare it's nice to have one pair.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Had a pair of Transitions that de laminated. Not dark enough in bright sunlight, too dark for about a half hour when walking inside. Got a pair of good sunglasses with my prescription. Life is good.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
all I'm gonna say is on glasses I've had the darkening lenses and the lineless bi/tri focals.

at 55 I"ll never ever go line less or darkening again ever.

The transitions I've even had one lens darken and the other not or they can do it in spotted fashion..

Much as I hate having a second pair of glasses for sun(never mind that I hate the sun to start with) I'll never go transitions or lineless again.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by smithrjd
Had a pair of Transitions that de laminated. Not dark enough in bright sunlight, too dark for about a half hour when walking inside. Got a pair of good sunglasses with my prescription. Life is good.

This, yeah, Polaroid sunglasses.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I got transition lenses 5 or 6 years back and couldn't stand them. No darkening when driving is beyond irritating. Non-polarized isn't nearly as effective at cutting glare. I'm much happier with a clear pair (or 4) and a tinted/polarized pair (or 2). I can't remember the last time I had the transition lenses on.

...I'm being hard on them, they aren't that bad but I much prefer 2 different pair, clear and polarized. If you don't mind them staying lighter when you're driving or behind glass and you don't mind glare it's nice to have one pair.

This.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by rost495
all I'm gonna say is on glasses I've had the darkening lenses and the lineless bi/tri focals.

at 55 I"ll never ever go line less or darkening again ever.

The transitions I've even had one lens darken and the other not or they can do it in spotted fashion..

Much as I hate having a second pair of glasses for sun(never mind that I hate the sun to start with) I'll never go transitions or lineless again.

And this. grin

I Dindo Nuffin
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
I got a pair and took a walk outside around the property and had no idea where to make my next step. Your brain will adjust to them in a few days.

I can do that without glasses.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I've had mine for over a year. I can not say I like them...but I can not say I dislike the either.

I can say that they DO NOT take the place of sun glasses. They will darken when you step outside and walk around in the light. However, when driving or fishing, they are less than useful.

I guess I would say that if your are ordering new glasses...and the price is right...no good reason not to have it. BUT, be prepared to get yourself some prescription sun glasses.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Richard, cherry pickin' scenes is the key!

I'll spare you all the prolapse at 2AM pics....

Slum, c'mon bro, those are soooo last week.

This is where it's at!

https://www.buybattlevision.com/?ut...msclkid=a145f74b8d17173036cba9c9253b291a

I am kinda shyin' away from the funky lens idea....

Last edited by SamOlson; 03/30/20.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
I got a pair and took a walk outside around the property and had no idea where to make my next step. Your brain will adjust to them in a few days.

I can do that without glasses.

I think hes talking progressives. Threw my first 2 or away but after passing 50 and needing two lines, trifocals (near at bottom, middle for midrange, top for far) I stuck with a pair of progressives a week and got used to them. This requires a pair with the progressive near power placed PERFECTLY for your eyes re separation and height- no small feat for many optical places.

A dr can give 2 identical spec Rxes and depending on the optician used, one pair may be worthless and the pair from another optician may be great.

ALL multifocals are miserable at first, whether bifocals or progressives.

Last edited by jaguartx; 03/30/20.

I Dindo Nuffin
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I tried transitions lenses once. They were just okay in sunlight but not as good as real sunglasses.

What I didn't like most and the reason I never have got them again was the way mine darkened with inside lighting.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

164 members (2ndwind, 300_savage, 30Gibbs, 264mag, 24 invisible), 1,721 guests, and 1,056 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,368
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.