Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Immigrate to Texas!!!!
We've got plenty of room.....

I am the way, the truth, and the life: no one comes to the Father but by me. John 14:6
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
My last purchase,my FFL said here in Newyorkistan it is illegal to accept from individual from out of state,has to be from another FFL

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Might be hard to go the Texas right now..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My insurance company/ATF said i cannot bake a cake for a gay couple due to liability reasons is case if one should contract aids. Wonder how that will play out.

I will send a copy of my drivers license to the receiving FFL per law, if they require more than that, then either the buyer finds a better FFL that follows the law or pays the difference. If you live in a place that requires FFL to FFL by law, hopefully you are actively making plans to escape to America.

CK
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm not aware of any BATF regulation that requires FFL holders to do transfers or even to do over the counter retail sales.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer
My insurance company/ATF said i cannot bake a cake for a gay couple due to liability reasons is case if one should contract aids. Wonder how that will play out.

I will send a copy of my drivers license to the receiving FFL per law, if they require more than that, then either the buyer finds a better FFL that follows the law or pays the difference. If you live in a place that requires FFL to FFL by law, hopefully you are actively making plans to escape to America.

Which law requires a DL from the seller?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by aalf
When you live BFE, it's just not that easy to trot down the the local FFL dealer to ship a firearm.

Second, if I sell a gun, the buyer expects said gun to arrive in the condition that they bought it in. No way in hell I'm going to leave it up to the dealer to package and send off my gun. That way, it's me, and only me, that's responsible for the safe trip, and subsequent issues that may take place.

Points to ponder......Is the sending FFL going to foot the bill to return my gun to the condition it was given to him in case something happens in transit? Is he going to deal with the shipping company to make a claim? The buyer will want a full refund, should the owner be liable for that, for something that he had no hand in, or the FFL?

The seller sets the rules, if a buyer doesn't want to abide by them, move along......

But think how well your ass would be covered on those sketchy rifles you sell. grin whistle

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by Crappie_Killer

Which law requires a DL from the seller?

I am under the impression that it was for positive ID of the seller of said firearm.

CK
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
But think how well your ass would be covered on those sketchy rifles you sell. grin whistle

grin

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by RJL53
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk

I often accept firearms from individuals, but run the serial number through TICS before I do anything with it. They'll let me know right away if it's stolen.

Will running the serial number through TICS give you the information on who the registered owner is? Or just if it's stolen?

No, it does not. It just brings a Deputy Sheriff to my door to take possession of it. The local Sheriff's Department handles everything after that.

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.
IC B3

X
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
X
Aalf,
I considered it for a long time and please dont misunderstand what I am saying as a personal attack. It is only a opinion......I have seen your posts and rifles and truly admire your knowledge of firearms.

When you live BFE, it's just not that easy to trot down the the local FFL dealer to ship a firearm.
Aalf you are in SW Wisconsin so trotting down to the FFL cant be that far........mine is 65 miles away.......

Second, if I sell a gun, the buyer expects said gun to arrive in the condition that they bought it in. No way in hell I'm going to leave it up to the dealer to package and send off my gun. That way, it's me, and only me, that's responsible for the safe trip, and subsequent issues that may take place.
As had been previously noted pack it well and price it accordingly

Points to ponder......Is the sending FFL going to foot the bill to return my gun to the condition it was given to him in case something happens in transit? Is he going to deal with the shipping company to make a claim? The buyer will want a full refund, should the owner be liable for that, for something that he had no hand in, or the FFL?
It is the buyers responsibility to inspect package and file claim with the shipping company not the sellers

The seller sets the rules, if a buyer doesn't want to abide by them, move along......

If you want to sell a firearm do your homework or put it on consignment but dont burden a prospective buyer with a lot if issues that could be handled easily and as for move along I for one will.
Again please dont take this discussion in a negative fashion just trying to get a better perspective of peoples opinions.

How can I tell you bye if you wont leave?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by xtriangle
Aalf,
I considered it for a long time and please dont misunderstand what I am saying as a personal attack. It is only a opinion......I have seen your posts and rifles and truly admire your knowledge of firearms.

Aalf you are in SW Wisconsin so trotting down to the FFL cant be that far........mine is 65 miles away.......

As had been previously noted pack it well and price it accordingly

It is the buyers responsibility to inspect package and file claim with the shipping company not the sellers

If you want to sell a firearm do your homework or put it on consignment but dont burden a prospective buyer with a lot if issues that could be handled easily and as for move along I for one will.
Again please dont take this discussion in a negative fashion just trying to get a better perspective of peoples opinions.

Just like you not being negative.

It is the sellers responsibility to make the claim. It is the seller who pays for the insurance not the buyer. I say this from personal experience not second hand knowledge.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Is there a national database of reported stolen firearms, or are they more local in nature?

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Is there a national database of reported stolen firearms, or are they more local in nature?

There is no national registry.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Tico

There is no national registry.

Maybe you misread the question. There sure is a national database for stolen items utilized by law enforcement agencies all over. Problem is, a large majority of gun owners can't give the police the serial #....the other issue, not so relevant to transfers, is stolen guns sometimes ends up with ground off serial #s.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I think that is the NCIC National Crime Information Center.
For crime victims who have guns stolen, if you took that gun in for repair to a ffl licensed gunsmith, they are required to enter all pertinent info into their books- IF the gun is on their premises overnight.
Ive helped a few customers like that over the years. Ditto widows whose spouse passed with no record of ownership with a duplicate receipt or entry into my work records. Mel

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Because some FFL’s won’t accept from a private party. In some states, I believe this is law. In the free states, this is totally unnecessary due to the fact that only one change of ownership is occurring. One change of ownership only requires one FFL.

“One thorn of experience is worth a whole wilderness of warning.” - James Russell Lowell
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Gun Shop Can Accept From Any One.. This Came Straight From ATF.. Some May Require a D.L. To Book In With. But Again Per ATF This IS Store's Policy, Not Theirs. And One AFT. Said Was Very Unnecessary..I Also Live In Small Town With Only 4-5 FFL Dealers. Most Act Like They Are Doing You a Huge Favor Doing A Transfer..And Most Wont Deal With A NoN FFL Shipment..But That's Their Business, Just As It Mine To Do Business With Some One Who Will.. I Buy Nothing From These Business's .I've Had More Than One Tell Me, That Know One Needs To Be Selling Guns Except A Shop With FFL . Of course They'll Be Glad To Buy For $,30 On The Dollar Of Blue Book..

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by John_Boy
Immigrate to Texas!!!!
We've got plenty of room.....

Bravo Sierra and you can make an acronym out of that.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Sending FFL is another layer of security for buyers..........The possibility of losing his license insures that scammers won't get past that requirement. Scammers will lift a picture of a gun for sale on another website, and offer it up for sale. When you tell the thief you want a sending FFL he usually disappears.I have notified people that I saw their gun on another site, and it was a surprise to them. One owner got the law after the scammer.

HM

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

360 members (160user, 10ring1, 219DW, 1Longbow, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 32 invisible), 2,064 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,124
Posts18,483,724
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.