Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Geeze Mr. Toot........that sounds pretty dang cool!

We really enjoy it, Jim. Hardly anyone around on weekdays and I can turn the grandsons loose and not worry about them as they eventually find their way back and hungrier than bitch wolves.

We’re gonna make another run there shortly. Very nice and cool here today, beautiful weather. Gonna burn some powder as we do have a shooting area safed off.

Life is good.

I would very much like to see that country some day.

I dont know why......its the polar opposite of where I live......but I have been drawn to that area for a long time.

When I go broke up here I am moving south.

Ha Ha,

moving south when you go broke.

That'll never happen. We Americans are going to continue to subsidize your extravagant lifestyle, pigs heads and rabbit hutches and all that, until you are rich enough to travel there, buy a winter place, and hire Manuel and Chuy for >$12 an hour to run the MT place while your gone. You'll drive down there in the $100K dually diesel 17 passenger flat bed luxury "farm vehicle", written off because you toss a bale of hay on the back once a year.

I know you farmers, getting rich on OUR dime.

Signed,

campfire know it all

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mudhen
My wife is gently managing me to have no reason to go out. But a wall full of books and some places close by to go for long walks without meeting a soul, make it all a little more bearable. The dogs are also liking it. grin

there are some atvantages and disatvantages to where you live, and life style. mostly it's real good.
and from what i know of you being in a denslely populatied city isnt' on your list of things to do.
i finally signed up for that ten bucks a month kindle plan, free books. read five of them since this weekend.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Geeze Mr. Toot........that sounds pretty dang cool!

We really enjoy it, Jim. Hardly anyone around on weekdays and I can turn the grandsons loose and not worry about them as they eventually find their way back and hungrier than bitch wolves.

We’re gonna make another run there shortly. Very nice and cool here today, beautiful weather. Gonna burn some powder as we do have a shooting area safed off.

Life is good.

I would very much like to see that country some day.

I dont know why......its the polar opposite of where I live......but I have been drawn to that area for a long time.

When I go broke up here I am moving south.

Ha Ha,

moving south when you go broke.

That'll never happen. We Americans are going to continue to subsidize your extravagant lifestyle, pigs heads and rabbit hutches and all that, until you are rich enough to travel there, buy a winter place, and hire Manuel and Chuy for >$12 an hour to run the MT place while your gone. You'll drive down there in the $100K dually diesel 17 passenger flat bed luxury "farm vehicle", written off because you toss a bale of hay on the back once a year.

I know you farmers, getting rich on OUR dime.

Signed,

campfire know it all

Ha! Aint no one tell me what to do!

I'll go borrow the money to buy a brand new combine. 675,000 dollars.

I'll be in Louisiana before the end of April!

I am MAGA.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Blackheart
The wife and I haven't left our property in 17 days now and it ain't that bad at all.

the rest of the planet is grateful.

.... like tears in the rain
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Hahahaha!

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Godogs57
I’ve lost three friends so far. But we’re in a horrific hot-spot. SW GA

Dang. Sorry to hear, Hank. Condolences to the families.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Oldman3
This 'social distancing' thing aint to bad. I'm getting things done that have been put on the back burner, for a while. Washed and waxed my truck, even cleaned out the inside and armor-alled it. Looks and smells a lot better!

Been shooting cowbirds at the feeder.... sharpening up my shooting skills (shooting skills always need improving).

Worked some on the old truck.

Just generally catching up on things.

Lots of that around here too. Honey-do’s.

Spending time at the camp also as it’s only 14 miles away and on the backroads.

Whats your camp like?

Comfortable travel trailer in the woods with most all amenities. Got a good cover over it with a nice parking area under it for the bad boy cart and the 4-while. We were fortunate to be close enough to a power line and get electricity. We put in a sewer system for camps to tie into. Got a good water well with excellent quality water. Have a main clubhouse of sorts. Got a 3 sided shed with a big cast iron stove/heater and a big screen tv, couches, chairs, etc. Got satellite tv, Direct TV for ball games. Got several large stocked ponds that we mostly catch and release. We plant for wildlife year-round.

Deer out the front door and turkeys out the back. Got a few black bear roaming around. Feral hogs move through the area from time to time but we’re pretty hard on them year-round.

That’s about it.

Sounds like a great spot, Old_Toot!

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JDK
My aunt passed away from it. She was in very poor health anyway. I think the saddest part is that her family couldn’t be there with her at the end.

Sorry to hear, JDK. RIP.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by local_dirt
Originally Posted by Oldman3
This 'social distancing' thing aint to bad. I'm getting things done that have been put on the back burner, for a while. Washed and waxed my truck, even cleaned out the inside and armor-alled it. Looks and smells a lot better!

Been shooting cowbirds at the feeder.... sharpening up my shooting skills (shooting skills always need improving).

Worked some on the old truck.

Just generally catching up on things.

Lots of that around here too. Honey-do’s.

Spending time at the camp also as it’s only 14 miles away and on the backroads.

Whats your camp like?

Comfortable travel trailer in the woods with most all amenities. Got a good cover over it with a nice parking area under it for the bad boy cart and the 4-while. We were fortunate to be close enough to a power line and get electricity. We put in a sewer system for camps to tie into. Got a good water well with excellent quality water. Have a main clubhouse of sorts. Got a 3 sided shed with a big cast iron stove/heater and a big screen tv, couches, chairs, etc. Got satellite tv, Direct TV for ball games. Got several large stocked ponds that we mostly catch and release. We plant for wildlife year-round.

Deer out the front door and turkeys out the back. Got a few black bear roaming around. Feral hogs move through the area from time to time but we’re pretty hard on them year-round.

That’s about it.

Sounds like a great spot, Old_Toot!

It is LD.

I’ve still got my place in the swamp too. Can’t seem to give that one up. Both places are great therapy if you know what I mean and the kids really enjoy places where they can be boys and their fugg ups don’t cost so much. Of course Ole paw paw has fugged up a few times himself but that’s another story.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Oldman, apologies for diverting your thread. Got off subject quite a bit.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Mardi Gras timing this round of sickness landed about as bad as it could for the Cajuns

Originally Posted By: slumlord

people that text all day get on my nerves

just knowing that people are out there with that ability,....just makes me wanna punch myself in the balls
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 007FJ
Mardi Gras timing this round of sickness landed about as bad as it could for the Cajuns

And not just the Cajuns but you are dead center right about it.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Projections: 100,000 - 240,000 total deaths in the US from COVID-19 [video segment] (down from 1.5 - 2.2 million deaths without mitigation: social distancing, staying home, washing hands). But if guidelines are followed perfectly by everyone, then the numbers can be lower, or even significantly lower
Assuming full mitigation: peak of 2,214 daily deaths on April 15
(Worldometer)

Going to be a $hit storm.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by benquick
Projections: 100,000 - 240,000 total deaths in the US from COVID-19 [video segment] (down from 1.5 - 2.2 million deaths without mitigation: social distancing, staying home, washing hands). But if guidelines are followed perfectly by everyone, then the numbers can be lower, or even significantly lower
Assuming full mitigation: peak of 2,214 daily deaths on April 15
(Worldometer)

Going to be a $hit storm.

Gonna be ?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

74 members (6mmCreedmoor, artur, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 257_X_50, 9 invisible), 1,500 guests, and 898 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,397
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.