Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Big paper Tiger comes to mind...

Cowardice is the greatest pandemic that has ever affected mankind.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kingston
Fück that filthy shïthole.

Buy American or from her alies.

Tell on, brother!

I can’t respect any culture that eats dogs and keeps pigs as pets.

They don’t even eat dogs in the most remote bush in Africa.

Hope a big phoucing bat bites them all🖕

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
As I've said here before, when I worked for an international company, I'd go to Europe every month for meetings. I was asked on several occasions "Do Americans REALLY kill animals (meaning deer and elk) and then eat them? Some were appalled that we'd eat wild game that had not been inspected and properly processed.

The Europeans were also disturbed by what they considered the unsanitary conditions in our major supermarkets I have to admit, the supermarkets in Northern Europe were immaculate.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by djs
As I've said here before, when I worked for an international company, I'd go to Europe every month for meetings. I was asked on several occasions "Do Americans REALLY kill animals (meaning deer and elk) and then eat them? Some were appalled that we'd eat wild game that had not been inspected and properly processed.

The Europeans were also disturbed by what they considered the unsanitary conditions in our major supermarkets I have to admit, the supermarkets in Northern Europe were immaculate.

There are plenty of hunters in Europe...stop talking to the city pricks, as they are the same every where...generally uninformed and lacking.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

There are plenty of hunters in Europe...stop talking to the city pricks, as they are the same every where...generally uninformed and lacking.

True, but lots of game in Europe is sold to local butcher /game shops for resale to restaurants and the public. I’ve talked to people that would not eat game that did not come through a reputable shop. Bizarre to us, but it’s real in parts of Europe.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Dutch

True, but lots of game in Europe is sold to local butcher /game shops for resale to restaurants and the public. I’ve talked to people that would not eat game that did not come through a reputable shop. Bizarre to us, but it’s real in parts of Europe.

But to be fair there are plenty of those people here as well.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
They irradiated food in Europe.

The Chinese need to see it alive to make sure it's not putrid.

Wasn't there a book about early American meat industry called the jungle?

I think we need to get away from globalization and become isolationist, unless we develop a corona virus vaccine ....

This is at least 😫 # 3!but who is counting? ( SARS & MERS & covid 19)

Last edited by Angus1895; 04/03/20.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by 19352012
Lack of cleanliness there shouldn't surprise anyone, go into any Chinese restaurant here and look around.

Talked to the local fire marshal during an inspection s couple months ago. The subject of restaurants came up. I assumed Mexican was the worst, but he assured me Chinese were THE worst, by a wide margin.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I have lived over sea in some "dirty" countries, and on the way home late at night from the local watering holes, did eat shish kebabs from the push carts in the streets. Never did see any stray animals running the streets. If you ever asked the food venders what kind of meats was it, the answer was always the same, "beef joe beef"
Never did get sick from food poisoning until I moved back stateside.

Last edited by Tansun; 04/03/20.

"Know guns, no crime. No guns, know crime."
- Ralph Lauretano
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Originally Posted by djs

Truth.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L

Last edited by longarm; 04/04/20.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by djs

Obviously you were not in France. French love to hunt and eat wild game. Roe deer, wild boar especially. Germans, Spanish love wild boar and deer too. Must have been with the ultra city crowd

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by djs

The Europeans were also disturbed by what they considered the unsanitary conditions in our major supermarkets

I live within jogging distance to 3 major supermarkets and biking distance to 3 more. Driving distance to yet 4 more. thats 10 supermarkets within a 20 minute car ride. I cant remember one of them ever being what I would call unsantiary in the least.

MOst of Europe (save Germany) cant shine the USA's shoes in 99/100 areas youd want to compare.

* caveat- I am not counting include [bleep] cities, so there's that.

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by 19352012
Lack of cleanliness there shouldn't surprise anyone, go into any Chinese restaurant here and look around.

Talked to the local fire marshal during an inspection s couple months ago. The subject of restaurants came up. I assumed Mexican was the worst, but he assured me Chinese were THE worst, by a wide margin.

THATS RACIST!

(so true)

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

104 members (257_X_50, 450yukon, 260Remguy, 300_savage, 6MMWASP, 13 invisible), 1,663 guests, and 970 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,756
Posts18,476,380
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.