Originally Posted by slumlord
I was doing the Dave Ramsey thing when no one had heard of him. 1998-99. Ran his show out of a nashville talk station. Our family attorney knew him and gave me his book.

Mid 20s, took every extra biz opportunity I could do in 12-15 hour day, then go work nights killing roaches.
Had a govt county job in pest control, a roofing business, rentals, my own pest control licensed work for the other half of the day.
Set up a couple of my rent-a-drunks and high school boys to run the roofing, I pop in flash a chimney or lay a valley, put on Superman’s cape and go back to my other worky job or another project across town, cut, sold, delivered 25-30 cords of firewood in the winter

Wife was doing dental hygiene for dentist, she sold real estate, helped with bug business, managed rentals for her uncles, ran a Dalmatian dog puppy mill

killin it

paid the house off, paid off some spec lots, everything that had wheels, unsecured debts

Last new vehicle I’ve bought off of a lot was in 1995.

Serious question...did you have kids back then????

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo