-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I had Tijicon Tritium night sights on my 1911 and over about the last 30 or so years they have gone out completely having gotten progressively more dim over the years. In thirty years most of us here won't be sighting anything, but in the meantime my 1911 wears a new Tijicon RMR red dot and I like that even better.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
GB1

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
I'm a fan of the Trijicon HD, too.

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
You need a light source that allows positive target ID, night sights are handy but not mandatory.

Training in the dark is eye openinggrin. Combining a handheld light and a WML is probably optimal if you don't have and train w/ NVDs.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Boys, you still talking about "find gun in the dark" sights? I recommend sturdy as a rock Surefire. American company based in California. Lights must be Made in China because the country of origin is not stamped anywhere on them. No worries, Apple makes very nice electronics in PRC.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I like to bring up points that people tend to overlook.

People like to say if there's not enough light to see the sights, or identify the target, you shouldn't be shooting. Lets hope the other guy feels the same way. When you have muzzle flashes come at you, you might think differently. wink

The other point I learned from experience, having to shoot once in a low light situation. I could see the sights and the intended target just fine... until I fired that first shot. Then I was sort of blinded (the flash bulb effect) by the muzzle flash (and surprisingly port flash). Because the gun had night sights, I was able to keep shooting as the situation required.

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
WStrayer: Our departments issued "Glocks" all came with night sights and I used them for the last 10 (ten) years of my career there - to this day I still prefer night sights on all my personal Glocks.
I can see NO downside to them.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TBREW401
The only thing I do to my Glocks, is install after market night sights

Yep. Had the cheap ass plastic rear sight fly off my first Glock 17 when I was dispatching a skunk here at the Ranch.

First thing I do when I buy a new Glock is put on new steel Night Sights. I prefer Heine Straight Eights.

Only other thing I do to them is put a 3.5 lb trigger disconnecter and a extended slide release.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
And I Fuqking HATE those ridiculous looking plastic pos fiber optic sights they put on the front of most revolvers nowadays !

Just ruins it for me.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by TBREW401
The only thing I do to my Glocks, is install after market night sights

Yep. Had the cheap ass plastic rear sight fly off my first Glock 17 when I was dispatching a skunk here at the Ranch.

First thing I do when I buy a new Glock is put on new steel Night Sights. I prefer Heine Straight Eights.

Only other thing I do to them is put a 3.5 lb trigger disconnecter and a extended slide release.

My bedside gun also wears a Crimson Trace Light / Laser Combo for things that bump in the night. 🤠

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I prefer a fiber optic front and black rear. But if I have to use tritium (I do) I sharpie out the rear sight to dull how bright the back sights are.

Great till that plastic POS goes flying off your gun and leaves you with out a front sight to aim with.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I prefer a fiber optic front and black rear. But if I have to use tritium (I do) I sharpie out the rear sight to dull how bright the back sights are.

Great till that plastic POS goes flying off your gun and leaves you with out a front sight to aim with.

I make sure and install them correctly (Frank Proctor has a video describing it) and then just replace them as needed. I consider it a wear item that gets maintenance.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

I make sure and install them correctly (Frank Proctor has a video describing it) and then just replace them as needed. I consider it a wear item that gets maintenance.

That’ll work fine unless your in a shootout 😜

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Question, night sights on a carry gun? Answer, always.... because you just never when, where or how.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (1moredeer, 1minute, 10ring1, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 63 invisible), 3,219 guests, and 1,288 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,380
Posts18,469,532
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.