Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by jaguartx
Tell us about how herd immunity worked with small pox and poliovirus, Elke.

Tell us how a lock down, that CAN NOT get the R(0) below 1.5, will keep the COVID-19 from not coming back in a second wave(Spanish Flu), WHEN YOU RELEASE THE LOCK DOWN, as a DEADLIER VIRUS, and be able to infect Americans at the same time they can get the flu next fall. Why would you want to create that scenario, having the flu and this virus at the same time. You want to know what "death rate" is? Keep going down that road, pal.

In your plan (lock down), you destroy the country/economy. In your plan (lock down), you kill more people.

You have to let the virus run and let the population get immunity, and protect the high risk by keeping them isolated until threshold immunity is reached, or they could choose to try HDCQ+Z-pacs, Mr. eye doctor?

Typical democrat move, move the goal post, smallpox, polio.

Prove what I stated is wrong.

I have facts backing me.

You change the subject.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 04/05/20.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What is the mechanism to make the RNA virus mutate to a deadlier disease?

Wouldn't the strains that are asymptomatic " rule the day?" Being allowed to propagate un abated?

It's a poor parasite that kills its host. Me thinks its eventually just gonna be another common cold.

Why do children seem less susceptible?

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You're all Nazi's and slave owners!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Notice Elklayer will not answer a simple question. It was asked more than once if Elklayer was in the medical field.

This whack job is the knower of all and master of none. The post on being narcissistic is Elklayer personified.

Last edited by Springcove; 04/05/20.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I dunno 🤷‍♀️. Some things elk slayer says I have learned from, and I appreciated reading it.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
......... He yapped about a vaccine, when there has never been a vaccine developed for a virus in the Corona virus family, even husbandry....
There are corona virus vaccines for animals. Dogs and cattle. For varieties that cause diarrhea. Several years ago I had 4 calves die from what started out as scours and ended up pneumonia. The next year we vaccinated and had no more of that. I know that doesn't speak to whether a vaccine for the present problem is possible.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Hastings
......... He yapped about a vaccine, when there has never been a vaccine developed for a virus in the Corona virus family, even husbandry....
There are corona virus vaccines for animals. Dogs and cattle. For varieties that cause diarrhea. Several years ago I had 4 calves die from what started out as scours and ended up pneumonia. The next year we vaccinated and had no more of that. I know that doesn't speak to whether a vaccine for the present problem is possible.

Sorry. I meant Immunisation, not vaccine.

"He is far from Stupid"

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
The video asserts the opposite of this thread's title.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have no doubt that it came from that lab in Wuhan. I don’t know for sure that it is a bio weapon. It could be, or it could just be some nasty coronavirus they were studying and let get out. If it was a weapon, it’s done a damned good job of kneecapping our economy.

As for what we should be doing, I agree that we should probably be looking for herd immunity instead of all these lockdowns. In any case, a disease that is running less than one percent fatal, is not worth running the risk of shutting everything down. This a complete experiment. Not even in wartime is everything shut down like it is now. The longer it goes, the harder it is going to be to start back up and more serious the consequences.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/05/20.
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
People dont stop to think. Only if the virus was a biological weapon, was there advantage in covering it up and letting tens of thousands of carriers travel the world.

If it had been an accidental mutation, they would have quickly let the world in on their sectet.

Elementary.

Truth to that to a point. Having product made over there and dealing with those folks directly on a regular basis I think it's more that they are scared for their lives period. Anything that goes wrong or offends over there can get you and a whole lot of other people killed, even if your a public figure billionaire.
Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JoeBob
The longer it goes, the harder it is going to be to start back up and more serious the consequences.

The people in control know this.

There's probably a clue there somewhere.

LOL
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Interesting points elk makes. Nobody talking about them either.

I did back in the thread 2 days ago. This scenario is possible. Elkslayer has good points on this. Fauci was questioned about the second spike yesterday and all of a sudden he says now you can't always rely on the models. Been touting his models until then.

What is a greater worry to you? CV-19 or Economy? [Re: RAS]#1473784404/03/20
Online Content
Kyhilljack
Campfire Regular

North central southern region
What is a greater worry to you? CV-19 or Economy?
Cv-19 is my main concern. Because it, or more precisely the temporary measures to contain it, being forced upon society will do great damage to the economy.
The duration of the containment efforts does not matter, if transmission rates return to normal when they end, and mortality rates have not improved. This is simply because as long as a large majority of the population remains uninfected, lifting containment measures will lead to an epidemic almost as large as would happen without having mitigations in place at all. Basically the virus needs to 'wash over' the populace. Then antigens will be formed in most. By implementing social distancing and self-quarantine they are not allowing this to happen. When you lift these measures you are going to see a natural spike in infections again and the same amount of people that will die will equal the the number of people that would have died with no mitigations in place. The one thing the mitigations does is buy you some time to possibly upgrade the hospital capabilities.
These mitigations themselves are not saving lives ; instead, it is what we do with the time that gives us an opportunity to improve the outcome of the epidemic.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
The video asserts the opposite of this thread's title.

Right, and what he said was it's not engineered. Virii mutate all the time and the likelihood that the pandemic happened on its own is low.
Either a "woopsie" happened from that lab or something intentional occurred. Either way, we've learned you don't need "the bomb" for the next power grab.

J
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
J

Tell us how a lock down, that CAN NOT get the R(0) below 1.5, will keep the COVID-19 from not coming back in a second wave(Spanish Flu), WHEN YOU RELEASE THE LOCK DOWN, as a DEADLIER VIRUS, and be able to infect Americans at the same time they can get the flu next fall. Why would you want to create that scenario, having the flu and this virus at the same time. You want to know what "death rate" is? Keep going down that road, pal.

In your plan (lock down), you destroy the country/economy. In your plan (lock down), you kill more people.

You have to let the virus run and let the population get immunity, and protect the high risk by keeping them isolated until threshold immunity is reached, or they could choose to try HDCQ+Z-pacs, Mr. eye doctor?

I have facts backing me.

You change the subject.

Well, Trump says the economy will come roaring back very soon. Soon we will know who's right and who's
wrong.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Angus1895
What is the mechanism to make the RNA virus mutate to a deadlier disease?

Wouldn't the strains that are asymptomatic " rule the day?" Being allowed to propagate un abated?

It's a poor parasite that kills its host. Me thinks its eventually just gonna be another common cold.

Why do children seem less susceptible?

Viruses mutate and become stronger, and are always more deadlier when they come back in the second wave, just like happened with the Spanish Flu. This is what is so asinine about the government forcing this lock down. All the idiots need to do is look at history, to see the very thing they are attempting, failed when attempted to suppress the Spanish Flu.

The Spanish Flu came back in a second wave, and killed more the second time. The government attempted an isolation back then and failed too.

These states are combining CV-19 deaths with all deaths to keep the death rate HIGH and fear mongering going, so they can keep the lock down in place. Just because you "have" CV-19, doesn't mean you "died" from CV-19, when it was one of your comorbidities that killed you, and many of these people have multiple comorbidities: hypertension, diabetes, obesity, asthma, COPD, etc., et al.

Remember, 50% don't even have symptoms, and 90% don't even need hospitalized.

The percentage of people who die from CV-19 with ZERO comorbidities is extremely low, like 1.5% in NY.
https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/imm/covid-19-daily-data-summary-deaths-04032020-2.pdf

Nursing home and assisted living deaths from CV-19 are huge in NY with CV-19, and it skews the numbers. They are forcing CV-19 patients into them straight out of the hospitals. That is premeditated murder.

The numbers are out, and have proven the R(0) will only go down to 1.5 under lock down. It's time to open the economy up, and let it rip and make sure the high risk stay isolated until we reach the threshold of 70% immunity, and it falls off the cliff then, fast. We are far enough into this with it about to get warm, that they are rolling the dice, whether we can get enough people seroconverted before it dies out this year.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

I have facts backing me.

You change the subject.

Well, Trump says the economy will come roaring back very soon. Soon we will know who's right and who's
wrong.

Or we could do what Bill Gates is suggesting; “Because people can travel freely across state lines, so can the virus,” he wrote. “The country's leaders need to be clear: shutdown anywhere means shutdown everywhere. Until the case numbers start to go down across America – which could take 10 weeks or more – no one can continue business as usual or relax the shutdown.”
You do know that 10 weeks of a national shutdown means our economy and lifestyles are gone forever.

We pray our sights be straight
and our aim be true
We pray for no pain
to the game we pursue
We thank you Lord
for this land
We thank you for the sights
from our stands
We pray for safety, one and all
We pray we may return next fall
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Kyhilljack
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Interesting points elk makes. Nobody talking about them either.

I did back in the thread 2 days ago. This scenario is possible. Elkslayer has good points on this. Fauci was questioned about the second spike yesterday and all of a sudden he says now you can't always rely on the models. Been touting his models until then.

What is a greater worry to you? CV-19 or Economy? [Re: RAS]#1473784404/03/20
Online Content
Kyhilljack
Campfire Regular

North central southern region
What is a greater worry to you? CV-19 or Economy?
Cv-19 is my main concern. Because it, or more precisely the temporary measures to contain it, being forced upon society will do great damage to the economy.
The duration of the containment efforts does not matter, if transmission rates return to normal when they end, and mortality rates have not improved. This is simply because as long as a large majority of the population remains uninfected, lifting containment measures will lead to an epidemic almost as large as would happen without having mitigations in place at all. Basically the virus needs to 'wash over' the populace. Then antigens will be formed in most. By implementing social distancing and self-quarantine they are not allowing this to happen. When you lift these measures you are going to see a natural spike in infections again and the same amount of people that will die will equal the the number of people that would have died with no mitigations in place. The one thing the mitigations does is buy you some time to possibly upgrade the hospital capabilities.
These mitigations themselves are not saving lives ; instead, it is what we do with the time that gives us an opportunity to improve the outcome of the epidemic.

Correct.

Also, a Mathematician married couple, and others recognized the calculus in charts was not right. The fraudulent charts, presented to the public, were to allow them to keep pushing the high death rate storyline.

Fauci is a Clinton stooge.

Birx and Fauci are idiots.

The person running the models has refused to publicize his code, so others in the country can check to see if it is correct. What more do you need to prove they are lying, when they won’t even submit the code for review used for the modeling.

"He is far from Stupid"

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I think the medical industry is already destroyed. Hospitals across the country have been empty for month. All electives, and by electives, I mean anything that isn’t going to kill you today, have been delayed. The floors have been emptied out and everything is ready for this rush if Covid patients.

Except the rush hasn’t materialized and even if it did, it doesn’t pay the bills. Hospitals are laying off people right and left. Another month of this and they are going to start shutting doors. And of course when that happens, they’ll need bailouts. And of course, bailouts come with strings. And presto, you’ve got socialized medicine practically overnight.

Last edited by JoeBob; 04/05/20.
E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E

I have facts backing me.

You change the subject.

wrong.

Thanks for proving with your reply, I know what the hell I speak of.

You're so clueless pertaining to the economy, it's not worth going into.

The damage that has been done is worse than 1970's and 1980's.

10% more unemployment than the great depression, SO FAR, and you think the economy is going to come roaring back.

What drug prescripts do you write for yourself?

The last report did not cover all numbers, because there was a two day delay between the reports.

Next week's unemployment report is going to rattle the nation's knees.

This nation is full of complete idiots, produced by the public education system, and when you add the fact math is most people's worst subject, and then adding on top of that economics, which 95% have zero clue of, you get a public who is in for a rude awakening.

The channels of production in this country are on the verge of starting to create deaths, because of broken supply lines: Medical supplies and medicines for hospitals, dentists, auto industry, power stations, and on, and on, and on.

Their will be more deaths from suicides, than what this virus will have killed.

Last edited by ElkSlayer91; 04/05/20.

"He is far from Stupid"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In my experience with corona viruses in livestock it is a secondary pathogen brought on by stress. And once you alleviate the primary stressors the corona virus is not an issue.

So I stand by my Therom that this corona pathogen will learn to live with its new host over time and become a minor pathogen. But I have been wrong before......I just hope not this time.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

415 members (1Longbow, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 17CalFan, 163bc, 41 invisible), 2,261 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,627
Posts18,474,185
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.