Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Ummmm, no.

From the article you linked:

"A small study of 12 patients discharged from hospital showed that two or three had reduced lung function. However, it is too early to confirm any long-term effects."

So, having seen that, and it was an article written by chinese scientists, let me guess:

We can't believe anything out of china.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There’s clearly plenty of men here that are scared schitless. So much so that they gotta convince themselves that it only happens to weak people and sickly people and old people...and those with “underlying health conditions”...in order for em’ to even be able to cope and sleep at night. Likewise, there are those that convince themselves that holes in the lungs where living and functional lung tissue ‘used’ to be isn’t going to affect the patient for the remainder of their lives, nor lead to things like pulmonary hypertension and right-sided heart failure...and shortening the life of that patient. Hey, whatever you gotta do to sleep at night...even if it means convincing yourself of something that just isn’t so. This ‘is’ something to be afraid of.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by antlers
There’s clearly plenty of men here that are scared schitless. So much so that they gotta convince themselves that it only happens to weak people and sickly people and old people...and those with “underlying health conditions”...in order for em’ to even be able to cope and sleep at night. Likewise, there are those that convince themselves that holes in the lungs where living and functional lung tissue ‘used’ to be isn’t going to affect the patient for the remainder of their lives, nor lead to things like pulmonary hypertension and right-sided heart failure...and shortening the life of that patient. Hey, whatever you gotta do to sleep at night...even if it means convincing yourself of something that just isn’t so. This ‘is’ something to be afraid of.

Everything you post, is sh it you just made up.

Last edited by Fubarski; 04/05/20.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I am probably going to hell for that......but I couldn't take it anymore.

I am MAGA.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Fubarski
You’re ‘chief’ among the “scared schitless” that I mentioned above.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

I’m just laffing at the meme

hahaha

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Youre ‘chief’ among the “scared schitless” that I mentioned above.

See what I mean?

And what's hilarious bout the sh it you just make up, is that you actually believe that it is an intelligent contribution to the discussion.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I want to know
I watch you on the tv every single day
Those eyes make everything okay
I watch her every day
I watch her every night
She's really outta sight

Marsha Brady
Marsha Brady
Marsha Brady

Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by nighthawk
Not to be cold about it, but statistics are funny things. This corvid thing is primarily a threat to the people with other health problems which describes the elderly. Are corvid deaths something new or merely killing people a little sooner? Say a person with COPD catches the bug and (predictably) dies. Perhaps that person would've died that year from COPD. So at year's end you have one more covid death but one less COPD death. You could do the same with heart disease.Could be by year's end the number of obits will balance out.

Again, not meaning to be cold but with statistics you have to be careful in stating the question you're trying to answer. Or you can get weird results which are essentially nonsense.

Damn all those crows, ravens and magpies and all the rest of the Corvids.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
And that makes no sense or, if lethality reports are anywhere near right, we'd bw stepping over dead bodies.

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
In Oregon we have 999 confirmed cases and 27 deaths.

4.2 million or so.

P

https://govstatus.egov.com/OR-OHA-COVID-19 then scroll down to Demographics and Hospital Information. If we had that kind of detail for the rest of the country we'd have a lot better idea what is really going on. Another plus with Oregon's reporting .. so far there are few enough deaths that we get a short paragraph about each including age and existence of underlying health issues. EVERY death in Oregon has had accompanying health risks and only one of the twenty six was under 60 years old. I read something there last night that was worthy of celebrating. In one county the virus got into a VA hospital. Yesterday they declared 13 of the veterans recovered including a 104 year old WWII vet. F**K YEAH!!! News doesn't get much better than that.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by nighthawk
And that makes no sense or, if lethality reports are anywhere near right, we'd bw stepping over dead bodies.

April 5, 2020, 9:45 a.m.:

New York City has had 38 deaths from Covid that had no pre-existing conditions.

8.3 mm people.

0.000004578313253012 chance of dyin.

And remember, things are *really* messed up in NYC.

So, it's probably less for most places.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
You have the obits Cooper57m. How about giving us a rundown on the ages and causes listed. I'd be very curious about that.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by hookeye
My local paper is notorious for being heavy with the obits of the elderly.

Imagine that! Deaths amongst the elderly is a real revelation.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors

Ummmm, no.

From the article you linked:

"A small study of 12 patients discharged from hospital showed that two or three had reduced lung function. However, it is too early to confirm any long-term effects."

So, having seen that, and it was an article written by chinese scientists, let me guess:

We can't believe anything out of china.

I didn’t ask you anything. I saw that too though.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
C
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by mbhunt
You have the obits Cooper57m. How about giving us a rundown on the ages and causes listed. I'd be very curious about that.

Our paper rarely gives the cause of death. I know there was one who was a friend of my neighbor who was a 56 yr old woman who was otherwise healthy. The paper earlier in the week profiled a 44 yr old worker for the phone company who left behind 4 young children. He too had no underlying health condition. But even if they had asthma or COPD or diabetes, or a heart condition, what would that matter? Is it somehow ok for them to die before they otherwise would have without this virus? I don't think that way.

I could give a breakdown of all the ages of the 39 people in the obits, but I won't. It shouldn't matter to anyone if they died one week, one year, or decades before they otherwise would have, had they not contracted the virus. And how would anyone of us know just how much time they would have otherwise had anyway? It shouldn't matter to any caring person how old anyone of these people are who died from this virus are. It only serves to make those not elderly, or without a known health condition think that somehow they won't die from this. I won't a part of any such delusion or somehow justify anyone feeling somehow it's ok if a old person dies from this virus as "they were going to die anyway". Guess what? We all are going to die anyway. Last year I lost my 92 yr old father and my 98 yr old father in law and I have an 88 yr old mother with some underlying health conditions. If they had died (or will succumb) to this virus and if anyone would be so callous as to try to imply their death by this virus was somehow acceptable or less tragic to us, they would have ended up with a puffy lip at best. The point of this thread was to show the real impact this is having on our county. It's easy to think it's no big deal until one day you open your local paper and it hits you in your face. Hopefully you won't be reading the obit of a loved one.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Newspapers charge ungodly amounts of money to run an obit.

I guess they had to do something to take up the slack, with all the campaigns suspended...

350$ here with a pic.

I think I"ve just decided no obituary for me if I die. The ways folks make bucks after people die. Damn funerals should be ashamed of themselves.... ridiculous. Cremate me and go from there.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Newspapers charge ungodly amounts of money to run an obit.

I guess they had to do something to take up the slack, with all the campaigns suspended...

350$ here with a pic.

I think I"ve just decided no obituary for me if I die. The ways folks make bucks after people die. Damn funerals should be ashamed of themselves.... ridiculous. Cremate me and go from there.

Yours is my exact exit path.

Immediate take away for total harvest of anything and everything usable, cremate what’s left, no obituary and a private memorial service if the family chooses. No decisions for others to make and it’s all payed for and airtight legal up front.

Keep your flowers and enjoy them now.

All the rest,,,,,f’k it.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by benchman
Here in Pa., .000012 of our population has died from the Coronavirus.

And the lions share of those deaths are in countys that border New jersey

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

550 members (1234, 219 Wasp, 160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 58 invisible), 2,444 guests, and 1,220 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,460
Posts18,489,808
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.