Print Thread
Hop To
I
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Just booked a trip with these guys
Has anyone fished with them, or fished the area. I've been watching the videos for a year decided to treat myself to a 40th birthday present

You've got to hand it to a blind prostitute
GB1

J
JRK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I stayed and fished 7 yrs ago, enroute to a 50th bday trip to Coiba. May have changed hands, great area and fishing. PM if you want to chat. I fish those kinds of waters a lot.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been geeking out on YouTube vids from there. Looks like a killer fishery! I’m not huge on kayaks, but looks like a lot of fun.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
JRK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I guess ya didn't want any info...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Spill it, JRK! Pics wouldn't suck either!

IC B2

J
JRK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
I will work on it. It was 7.5 yrs ago. Have to look for photos. Had 1 really big epic multispecies day, spent 3 days there based on an offhanded tip, then continued on to coiba island for a week.

At los buzos, the guy that was running the place was from the same small town in Washington where I lived for many years, was getting the place up and running. Went there as I heard the area was really cool while touring with my wife prior to meeting a bunch of buddies for a week of fishin mayhem on coiba. They had a giant open air palapa (big round palm thatch roof and post structure) for the bar, restaurant and sorta hq on the beach. They had 3 price levels of lodging, we were going to stay in the nice midrange private rooms across the street, new paint smell was too much and they offered a really nice villa on the slope above with an amazing ocean view for cheap. Spent new years and the next few nights. Big black sand beach to swim surf or surf cast from. A lot of good tackle available at the time, but boat was being assembled, so it wasnt available.. They loaned me some top notch gear and I fished on the neighbors panga for fuel + not a lot of $. We did about a 10 hour day with a mix of trolling, casting,and snorkeling. Had shots at roosters and snapper. Tuna run near shore there, ended up hooking multiple yellowfin, landed and kept 3 25 to 35 lb, got 2 really nice Dorado. At the end of the day, kayaking distance from beach in front of lodge, 60+ lb yft were crashing bait- within casting distance. Wife informed me that we had 100+lbs of ahi in boat and she was ready to head in, 10 hrs was enuff.

I reasoned that I was about to see that every day off of coiba and didn't put up a fight...i was going there specifically to pitch big poppers at tuna, but I did not see that again.

Very rough drive to get there. Neat place. Great fishing. Planning on returning.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks JRK- The place looks like a hell of a fishery!

I
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Thanks JRK, I wasn't ignoring your post i just stopped following it after it went a few weeks without a response. I am booked for August if i can still get there. I'm extremely stoked. It looks like a 6 hour bus trip from Panama city to get there. I can't wait

J
JRK Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
Cool. Wanna chat more let me know. Should be very rainy and fishy in August. The drive from Panama city was a little tough. Some interesting towns on the azuero peninsula. Also spent some time in Sante Fe, to the right instead of left off main hwy. Beautiful little mtn town...

I
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I
Yeah it was a tough call August is the rainy season but from my research its also when most of the fish are running especially the sailfish which would be epic catching in a kayak. I need to do some major biking to get my legs in shape for the hours of peddling required to troll in a kayak. Learning some Spanish wouldn't hurt either

IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

483 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 54 invisible), 2,752 guests, and 1,304 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,981
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.