Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When USA has 40k- 80k flu deaths in a season,
should the nation be locked down to reduce the #..?

Do those lives matter less than COVID19 victims?

Originally Posted by dassa
.. Or if we had told the most vulnerable to stay inside, but let everyone else go about their business...

The vulnerable whine bag minority on the CF would prefer we all cover the world in cotton wool for them.

They want to retain their right to make poor lifestyle choices (develop low immune chronic health conditions).. then expect the healthy majority to sacrifice and suffer
for them.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Starman
When USA has 40k- 80k flu deaths in a season,
should the nation be locked down to reduce the #..?

Do those lives matter less than COVID19 victims?

Originally Posted by dassa
.. Or if we had told the most vulnerable to stay inside, but let everyone else go about their business...

The vulnerable whine bag minority on the CF would prefer we all cover the world in cotton wool for them.

They want to retain their right to make poor lifestyle choices (develop low immune chronic health conditions).. then expect the healthy majority to sacrifice and suffer
for them.

If the Corona was going to kill 80,000 if nothing was done then you would be correct. However, it was going to kill 3,000,000 if nothing was done so you are incorrect. Everyone had their rights infringed and still 100,000 are going to die if not more. Look at the CF, half the people were the sickest they have ever been and that's with the rights infringed upon. It would have been apocalyptic without intervention.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Do 80k flu deaths matter as much C19 deaths or not?

IF ya don't lock the nation down for 80k,
Then are you not (to quote Antlers) ...
" Evil and devaluing their lives"..?

Heart disease and obesity kill a staggering amount
each and every year, are you all for Gov enforcing
stricter better lifestyles to save lives?

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Anaconda
I am firmly in both camps.
It is bad, really bad and we should do everything THAT HAS A REASONABLE CHANCE of slowing the spread and reducing the number of deaths.
That being said, about half of the stuff we are being told is complete BS, and will have NO positive affect on the number of sick or dead. Some of this stuff is just draconian government control. Closing boat ramps and outlawing fishing ? Hunting season ? Really ?

On the other hand, the level of fear mongering and vast exaggeration in the MSM is way out of proportion. Watch CNN for a few hours and you will learn that 80% of the world’s population will be dead in a few weeks. NYC might as well drink the koolaid now. The entire economy is going to collapse and we are all going to be living in the stone age.

This thing is changing, day by day, hour by hour. Anybody who claims to know the end results is full of it.
This^

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Starman
Do 80k flu deaths matter as much C19 deaths or not?

IF ya don't lock the nation down for 80k,
Then are you not (to quote Antlers) ...
" Evil and devaluing their lives"..?

Heart disease and obesity kill a staggering amount
each and every year, are you all for Gov enforcing
stricter better lifestyles to save lives?

A twist on your post.

If we lock down the country, bankrupt businesses, and suspend
constitutional rights over this bug, flu will be next.

The measures we have taken are mostly unprecedented. I'm very
concerned with the suspension of constitutional rights, it a Genie out
of the bottle.

As far as hunting and fishing?

My wife works retail, so my take is biased by that.
Pa just opened trout season, and I'm pissed!
We have F'd with rights, damaged businesses, hurt employees,
screwed up kids school year, fined people for taking a solo ride
"just to go out".

Two days ago, I could be fined for driving past my workplace.
Today, I can go riding around anywhere on the "Going Fishin'" exemption.

Back to retail,
One cart one/two shoppers, roping off the "non-essential" parts of stores,
I can't get a needed pair of work boots,....

On announcement of trout season, several guys said, "I need some tackle and
a licence, I need to go buy it"! Anyone want to guess how many employee/customer interactions this will create buying license, tackle, drinks,
gas... every one a chance to transmit the virus?

But, I'm missing the one important fact.
License fees. No trout $eason, huge loss of $. For the state.
And that is what matters.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
The death rate is one out come of this virus, the reality is the world we're all living in has changed a lot in the last month and will likely stay changed for the month's/years to come.
Although I'm enjoying the slower pace, most of my work has dried up for now, I can't travel the way I'd like and with elderly parents I don't think they would survive if they got it.
All real worries for me.

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
The access to information worldwide is greater than it has ever been ... makes things seem worse than they are.

The flattened curb concept, if it can work at all, guarantees the epidemic will be prolonged. It does not guarantee fewer people will be infected or die in the long term. Might make it more likely that we see a resurgence next fall. Hmmm

Denton's table does not compare total deaths/capita during covid epidemic and similar dates in previous years with and without high flu infection rates. That would give us a basis to know if things are different or covid deaths are mostly involved with those that would have already died from other causes.

Like many fixes for real or percieved biological poblems, the current social distancing + economic shutdown is a societal experiment that can't be evaluated. Even though the biological change may have had nothing to do with the attempted fix, the fix is implicated

In other words, If things get worse - we didn't do enough and do it soon enough. If things get better- look are smart we were.

Hoover"s fiddling helped increase the severity of the depression in the 30s. Roosevelt's fixes helped it last a long time.

Some times are things are better left alone. Was this one of those?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
We are being hosed on a scale only imagined in the past. We are being lied to, mislead, By the media and by .gov.

Sam......

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
As the Romans said; Who Benefits?

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The answer to that question will never be settled. Some will say, if not for what we did, the numbers would have been astronomical. Some will say we overreacted . My feelings are that since everyone , rich and poor, lost during this crisis, it is something bad enough to warrant our reaction. It is unfortunate that even in a life and death crisis where thousands of innocent Americans die, we still cannot come together to battle this “ invisible enemy” .

IC B3

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I just googled deaths a year by second hand smoke... 1300 a day. Do they shut the country down and kill the economy for that. Ph-uck no. Politically driven....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
can we afford to shut down the us again this fall if we geta resurgence?
essential employeees travel thru numerous counties everyday, stop at gas and groceries, does the covid qvoid them?

people that stay at home are still shopping, getting gas, golfing ect,,,,

state of montana rules ,outdoors are essential i can travel all over state to recreatewith self distqncing, but employers are saying if you leave your house on non work hours you will not be allowed back to work for two weeks

so frustration from non common sense is ramping up

M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
You lose a lot of lives either way ,the covid 19 is more infectious than the flu. If they didn't tighten down it would exponential worse simple as that. Still having a higher death rate that is very visible than the flu because the MSM and Dems are PLAYING IT FOR NEGATIVE POLITICS. All the TV news clips last nite I saw had all the med people in ppe gear N-95's, face shields ,gowns that is getting better. You don't send your armed forces intentionally into battle without the right gear and supplies to suceed but it does happen. Our medical professionals are being expected to go into battle improperly equipped at first with there supply chain getting slowly caught up. They are doing a tremendous job at a dangerous cost to themselves. Why some folks need to see bigger piles of body bags to understand this is totally beyond my imagination.

US learned something from the sneak attack on Pearl Harbor 79 years a go and that was no substitute for preparedness which our government has forgotten again ,it's not just Trumps fault the people collectively don't like spending money to be prepared ( panic buying) of more than just ass wipe. We will get through this and even if our government fails to extract the cost from the chinks each and every one of us can hold them accountable by not buying theire products. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The numbers are all complete crap.

1 The number of infected is VASTLY higher than we know and goes back to November at least. Would make the death rate much lower.
2. The number of dead is INFLATED and admitted to be inflated which means the death rate is much lower.

ANY death, regardless of reason - if the person displayed CV19 symptoms will be counted as a CV19 death in the tally. Die in a car accident and they determine you had the sniffles - CV19 metric. They aren't sure - they're told to count it CV19. Per Dr. Brirx Source

Some of the chickenlittles need to re-take statistics and then also understand why bankrupting the entire middle class to get them on the govt teat plays right into the left's hands.

They MUST make this look as bad as possible to justify 2T in spending, the massive amounts of bankruptcies and everything else that will follow from this.

Inside the next 10 days - 54% of all small businesses will be temporarily closed in this country. 11 million or so. 10% of them will go bankrupt by May 1, 24% by June 1 if not opened again. 2.6 MILLION businesses - not people, gone because of numbers manipulated to push this.

People die - while sad and horrible, it's not justification for what we've seen from a massive overreaction.

Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Before the dhimmicrats can rebuild the Country, they first have to destroy it. This has been the communist template ever since Russia in 1917

Sam......

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
We should be fine, China is letting us borrow their cure. All is well in Wuhan.

Just ask......

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Personally, a lot depends on one's age. Those of us who risk global warming with our birthday candles are a lot more concerned about COVID. Those who still have juvenile minds don't seem to care much - or actively cheer COVID as "geezer remover."

Economically, it's an inarguable disaster.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I’d schitcan Dr Fauci and quit funding the WHO for starters . . .

Last edited by tpcollins; 04/08/20.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Personally, a lot depends on one's age. Those of us who risk global warming with our birthday candles are a lot more concerned about COVID. Those who still have juvenile minds don't seem to care much - or actively cheer COVID as "geezer remover."

Economically, it's an inarguable disaster.

Well that was like-
Painting with a 10' brush.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

Math will provide the answer you seek........

Only if you are told the facts and truth.

I'm not holding my breath for that to happen.

As a matter of fact, we have been lied to SOOOO much, I don't trust anything we are told as being the truth...

Only the agenda.

Beat me to it....

I don't believe [bleep] the media tells me anymore.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

660 members (12344mag, 007FJ, 1eyedmule, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 74 invisible), 3,068 guests, and 1,365 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,230
Posts18,485,651
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.