Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Why don't they raise hundreds of thousands of $$$$ and have a hunt....

Plenty of folks are out there including me who would pay $$$ to "help" them....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
GB4

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by GregW
Why don't they raise hundreds of thousands of $$$$ and have a hunt....

Plenty of folks are out there including me who would pay $$$ to "help" them....

Nothing stopping you from putting a team together. No $$$ needed. Put up or shut up.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by WildWest
They did this in Yellowstone Park last year. Govenor got after them before they got a lot of them. He was offering to capture them and relocate them so we could get more hunting licenses for them. Park fought him.

Grand Teton National Park, not Yellowstone, started culling goats from a helicopter over the objections of many state officials. I’m thinking it was earlier this year. It was only when the secretary of the interior told them to cease and desist that they stopped. Apparently because governor Gordon wrote him a letter.

Seems like they got 30 some of the 100 or so. The carcasses were left to rot. Wyoming wants the park to hold a hunt.

Last edited by Ralphie; 04/08/20.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Why couldn't this have been 25 years ago when I was hunting up in that country..I used to archery hunt up over MT Tounsand..it was brutal steep an about all I could do then...looking into the olimpic park it was even steeper and rougher. Not many people this day and age are in that kind of shape..hour or so a day in a gym ain't gon cut it...
An old logger showed me those hunting spots. He was 80 in 1991... he Fell the reghtaway for all the roads around Qulicne ..I could barely keep up with him in the woods and I was in my late 20 s...that the breed it would take..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
1974 I hiked through from the Quinalt to the Elwah side over a pass there. Early July, near record snowfall year, postholing through the snow on Low Divide. Even on the trail some parts of that hike were not much fun, at 20+ years old.

Now? Going off trail after goats in the higher parts of the park? Not for this old fella with the metal knee.

Back then, sure thing, lets get after them.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Are they allowed to shoot the PETA protestors?

Only the ones actually hugging the goat you're shooting, and it can only be accidental.

How big an accident, like a really BIG one or will a teensie-weensie one make the cut?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Are they allowed to shoot the PETA protestors?

Only the ones actually hugging the goat you're shooting, and it can only be accidental.

Remember forum unwritten rule, no pictures or it didn't happen.

In training to be an obedient master to my two labs

Shooting, fishing and hunting
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (160user, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 56 invisible), 2,417 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,248
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.