Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Our community is small and many around the area are generationally poor. Plus, grands raising grandkids much like many other locales. Wife and I and another couple dropped off a size able load of groceries and water last Monday. Lady that coordinates for the Methodist Church said they were down to only feeding 27 meals that day. Said the demand is so great that regardless of generosity they are struggling mightily.
Lots of different opinions on food banks, but I cannot abide hunger. I cannot imagine the real feeble elderly and young kids going without eating. And w school out, lots of kiddos have no access to a breakfast/lunch program. I feel I’m called to help where we can.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice thing about a small town is its pretty hard to bullshit anyone. There's no fancy cars lining up for our small food bank. In fact few of them have cars. My wife's volunteered for them in the past, last year I helped out too on the annual drive where they drop off bags one Saturday and if you're interested you put food in it and leave it at your door the following Saturday. It seemed about half the people donated in the route we did.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Squirrels might be a little scarce in the inner city, but I defy anyone to tell the difference in a Cornish hen and a pigeon once the feathers are off and it's cooked! Of course, most of the ghetto dwellers lined up at the food bank with their Escalades and Obama phones would have no idea how to clean and cook one, even if somebody else shot it and presented it to them!
Jerry

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Squirrels might be a little scarce in the inner city, but I defy anyone to tell the difference in a Cornish hen and a pigeon once the feathers are off and it's cooked! Of course, most of the ghetto dwellers lined up at the food bank with their Escalades and Obama phones would have no idea how to clean and cook one, even if somebody else shot it and presented it to them!
Jerry

It's easy to tell the difference between a pigeon and a cornish hen if you've eaten both which I have. Pigeon, like doves are all dark/red meat. Cornish hens are not and that doesn't change when they're cooked..

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Salty303
Nice thing about a small town is its pretty hard to bullshit anyone. There's no fancy cars lining up for our small food bank. In fact few of them have cars.

Same here.

I find it absolutely beyond strange that people can't make it literally a month without pay before they are lined up for hours waiting to get a bag of food.

All the while driving a new fuucking car!

In my best Rene voice, eat your car you superficial dumb [bleep]!

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Flashy brokedick showclowns are probably so bored and tired of sitting at home for the 30th day in a row they decide, hey honey, lets get in your new SUV and go sit in line for 3 hours with all the other bored hungry dumbshits!

'Tards probably spend more on gas than the bag of food was worth.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Originally Posted by Salty303
Nice thing about a small town is its pretty hard to bullshit anyone. There's no fancy cars lining up for our small food bank. In fact few of them have cars.

Same here.

I find it absolutely beyond strange that people can't make it literally a month without pay before they are lined up for hours waiting to get a bag of food.

In my best Rene voice, eat your car you superficial dumb [bleep]!

lmao 2003 GMC here...needing the whole stimulus (including the wife's) spent on a new transmission. ...but we do have a completely stuffed pantry full of food and a pretty full freezer.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

With 3-4 young kids in the back,no less.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Blackheart

It's easy to tell the difference between a pigeon and a cornish hen if you've eaten both which I have. Pigeon, like doves are all dark/red meat. Cornish hens are not and that doesn't change when they're cooked..

Never tried pigeon, how does it compare to dove?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
You're gonna type a page and a half regardless.

All with grammar and spelling that would make a retard blush.

And you complain because I'm not succinct enough.

That renegade dude, he be using words he makes up sometimes I think. And he uses pictures a lot too.

How's a dude supposed to speed read through a thread and find posts ripe for a witty comeback if they have to scroll through all that?

Geno

PS, renegade..............cool post................I laughed.............glad I'm not married to YOUR wife!!!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ethan, it's priorities man!

Now don't get me wrong, there are people who are legit hungry and financially hurting right now. That is obvious and I feel terrible for them.

BUT... If you don't have enough savings or credit to float by on for a couple months, maybe you should rethink things and live within your means.

This ain't rocket science.

Living life with all your chit on payments is a recipe for disaster regardless of corona.

Lose your income with all your chit on payments?!

You fuucked and not in a good way.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Several years ago my wife was helping deliver food collected by our church to an especially needy single mother with little kids. Her husband and the kid's father had walked away leaving them penniless.

My wife took it upon herself to put together a separate bag containing a few basic household things like toilet tissue, bath soap, detergent, dish washing soap, shampoo and conditioner, toothpaste, plus some essential feminine hygiene products.

The mother was overcome with joy and gratitude for the food to feed her kids but was in tears at the extra products my wife added, saying, how much it made feel like a woman and human again.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Oh, sure. Bitch and moan about the brown people getting a free meal.

Then bitch and moan about the white people getting a free meal.

Then bitch and moan that Whitey aint having enough kids.........................hahaha!

Whitey should get off they asses, quit eatin' so much, and get t' makin' babies!

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
My truck is an 2005.

I ride a bicycle.

You get your spandex in the same place as Paul?

Or do you wear non-biking clothes like Birdwatcher?

Or Florida attire, Cuban shirt, Bermuda shorts, and Nike shower shoes?

I always pictured you on a Ruckus, not a bicycle.

Geno

In it is contentment

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by smokepole

I can't tell much difference. They're both good.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just wonder how many folks are bad mouthing people at food banks while checking their bank account to see if they got their government handout this week. Seems kinda ironic don't it?

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
I just wonder how many folks are bad mouthing people at food banks while checking their bank account to see if they got their government handout this week. Seems kinda ironic don't it?

My $2400 hit the bank yesterday. I can’t decide between buying ammo or contributing to the Trump campaign. All my bills are paid, I’m stocked on food. Retired, after working hard for 55 years, and managed my assets.

Sam......

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by smokepole

To me they taste the same with the pigeon being drier than dove. I've only ate pigeon once when I was a kid because me and a buddy wanted to try it so we had his grandma make it for us.

Of course, this is the same grandma that forced me eat her boiled chicken and brussel sprouts before I could leave the table. No seasoning or anything. Just plop the whole chicken in a pot of water with the sprouts. So who knows, maybe pigeon is juicy as hell, I don't know. lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Ethan, it's priorities man!

Now don't get me wrong, there are people who are legit hungry and financially hurting right now. That is obvious and I feel terrible for them.

BUT... If you don't have enough savings or credit to float by on for a couple months, maybe you should rethink things and live within your means.

This ain't rocket science.

Living life with all your chit on payments is a recipe for disaster regardless of corona.

Lose your income with all your chit on payments?!

You fuucked and not in a good way.

These are the same people living in $500k homes that buy new SUV's to sit in the driveway to keep up with the Jones.

Inside, there is very limited furnishings, maybe even lawn chairs, according to a realtor that I know. They are married to the house and vehicle payments. They can't afford to go out for dinner or on a vacation.

It's pretty pathetic, really.

But I do feel for anybody that has lost their job's over this virus BS and if they need food, they need food.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Jerry

Blackheart is correct.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

125 members (1OntarioJim, 6mmCreedmoor, 338reddog, Amos63, 9 invisible), 1,555 guests, and 917 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,371
Posts18,488,328
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.