Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
If you don't have direct deposit set up, they'll mail you a check. The IRS is supposed to have a web page set up soon so you can enter direct deposit info if they don't already have it or if you need to change it.

Do you see any info here that relates to a check in the mail for those who don't get tax refund checks?

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beoceorl
Memo: Some in US may not get stimulus checks until August
April 2, 2020 at 3:23 PM CDT - Updated April 2 at 3:23 PM
By MATTHEW DALY Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — The federal government expects to begin making payments to millions of Americans under the new stimulus law in mid-April, but some people without direct deposit information may not get checks until mid-August or later, according to a memo obtained Thursday by The Associated Press.

The document from the House Ways and Means Committee says the IRS will make about 60 million payments to Americans through direct deposit in mid-April, likely the week of April 13. The IRS has direct deposit information for these individuals from their 2018 or 2019 tax returns.

Then, starting the week of May 4, the IRS will begin issuing paper checks to individuals, the memo says. The paper checks will be issued at a rate of about 5 million per week, which means it could take up to 20 weeks to get all the checks out. That timeline would delay some checks until the week of Aug. 17.

The staff memo says the timeline was based on "extensive conversations with the IRS and the Department of Treasury.'' The timeline is subject to change, given ongoing discussions between Congress and the Trump administration.

"The Committee remains focused on ensuring all eligible Americans receive their payment as quickly as possible,'' the memo says.

The payments are part of the $2.2 trillion rescue package signed into law last week by President Donald Trump aimed at combating the economic ravages of the coronavirus outbreak.

Most people don’t need to do anything to get the money.

Reversing an earlier position, the government said this week that Social Security recipients who are not required to file a tax return will not need to file a very simplified tax return to receive their government stimulus check. The Treasury Department said Wednesday that the IRS will use the information on the Form SSA-1099 and Form RRB-1099 to generate the $1,200 checks to Social Security recipients who did not file tax returns in 2018 or 2019.

The checks will be issued in reverse order of adjusted gross income, meaning that people with the lowest income will get payments first.

The committee estimates that there are 150 million to 170 million U.S. taxpayers, which leaves 90 million to 110 million taxpayers who are either filers or nonfilers but about whom the IRS wants information.

The filers will need to receive a paper check unless their direct deposit information can be updated in the IRS portal. Nonfilers may need to file the simple tax return and likely include direct deposit information if they want to receive their rebates quickly. The IRS is encouraging taxpayers to file their 2019 returns as soon as possible.

The IRS expects to create a portal in late April or early May that will allow taxpayers to find out the status of their rebate payment and update direct deposit information, the memo says.

Anyone earning up to $75,000 in adjusted gross income and who has a Social Security number will receive a $1,200 payment. That means married couples filing joint returns will receive the full payment — $2,400 — if their adjusted gross income, which is what they report on their taxes, is under $150,000.

The payment steadily declines for those who make more. Those earning more than $99,000, or $198,000 for joint filers, are not eligible. The thresholds are slightly different for those who file as a head of household.

Parents will also receive $500 for each qualifying child.

From WAFF 48 News

"Most people don’t need to do anything to get the money."

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
How did the Fed get all the details of everyone's bank account?

Wow.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Got mine direct deposit yesterday.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave

Wow.

When I was in the .mil and getting my clearance - they interviewed me in basic. Guy told me "We see you went to Canada in 1991. What was that for?" (this was 2002)

I said "Hunting - how in the hell did you know that?"

"Your importation form for the black bear you shot, that popped up in the system when we did a background search" I think I was 14 or so when I shot that bear.

If you don't believe the .gov has all your information and has it at the tip of their fingers, even the minor stuff.......

Me

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Just got mine, within the last 24 hours, direct deposit from the IRS, same way I got my tax refund.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

How did I miss this gem??? Let me guess you still write checks at the store?

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Um, they asked for routing number and account number politely?

The key elements in human thinking are not numbers but labels of fuzzy sets. -- L. Zadeh

Which explains a lot.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rem141r
from 2018 taxes deposits to banks

From 2018, not 2019?

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Repeated posts involving retirement and personal finance.

Can't figure out how the IRS get you your money.

Holy fugk... The world never gets old. LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Looks like those of us who do not get a tax refund, with get a paper check with "President Donald J. Trump" printed on the front of the check (suitable for framing, I might add! grin )

Trump’s name will appear on coronavirus relief checks

clic pic for story
[Linked Image from image.cnbcfm.com]

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The eagle has landed. Just checked the bank web and the stim chk, Fed refund chk and State refund chk all arrived.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P

We gave it to them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by watch4bear
How are they going to deposit the 350 million for the Uganda refugees? Do they have bank accounts?

I believe a Nigerian prince has volunteered to handle it.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like those of us who do not get a tax refund, with get a paper check with "President Donald J. Trump" printed on the front of the check (suitable for framing, I might add! grin )

Yeah, they can't use the same bank information for a deposit that they've used for withdrawals for many years. Strange, that.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M

Yah... Big conspiracy!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Armednfree

From 2018, not 2019?

Either or. But if you have not filed 2019, get online and put in for it to expedite. Or not....

Oh, there's currently 258,000,000 people online trying... good luck.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Smoke signals.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I haven't had a refund in 5 or 6 years. I pay every year. The IRS didn't have any trouble transferring $980 out of my checking account today. But when I went to the website to check on when to expect my stimulus money was I found out they didn't have my bank info to make the deposit. Seems no one programed a computer so that the same account they withdrew money from might be a good place to make a deposit.

Fortunately there is a way to fix that. Hopefully they will make the deposit in a few days.

Most people don't really want the truth.

They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
>GOV mind reading from the fluoride, fracking and radio waves......

--- Kid Rock 2022

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

371 members (160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 1lessdog, 33 invisible), 1,808 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,754
Posts18,495,394
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.