Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by labdad
Phil,
2. Stick, like me, seems to like messing with people. I also imagine he means no harm, it is entertainment and I think it should be viewed as such and not taken seriously.
Randy K. Rogers
Discreet Services, Mercenary Flying
Box 61454
Fairbanks, Alaska 99706
907-456-7575
sloflitealaskanetscape.net

This is the gist of Big Sticks problem. He gone over the line with hurtful, mean statements and real attacks on people. This really hurts others and has proven in the real world to get him banished in more than one place.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
GB1

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
If I were of the opinion that anonymity were a sign of cowardice, I'd do the honorable thing, and not reply to anyone who refuses to reveal their identity.

It's a good thing I don't believe that, but I do wonder about someone who does, yet would continue to socialize with said cowards.

Brian

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What you write is not realistic. Why should we take insults and attacks and then be 'honorable' and not respond to those who use screen names? That makes no sense what so ever.

What Phil quotes is true however its blunt. Being blunt also raises tempers.

Its fun to debate things in the forum format. We think of things that others forgot or offer alternatives etc. However there are negative things as well when someone uses the screen name to hurt others.

Now we are at the juncture in this debate where someone may write (I hope they don't) that "if you can't take the heat to get out of the kitchen." This is not right, not civilized and not really interesting. Unless of course those who do it like to hurt others.

You may not have noticed but since late last winter the number of members active here has increased from the 300's to the 800's. There is a connection!

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
It's funny, in a strange sorta way, but like many of these "discussions" this would be much ado about nothing were we around a carbon-based campfire rather than one electron-based. We all have far more in common than a casual observer may believe.

Most questions of intent and character would die like the late-night embers of the campfire. We would regale each other with tales, stories and lies and none would be anonymous. Raton likely will be a wonderful adventure!

Like many others here, posting personal information on an internet forum should give one pause. There are some here who have my details. Anyone who wants it, for good reason, needs only request it via PM. Same goes for others, I'm certain.

I'm going to our local rodeo, watch my kids ride, and hope I don't get run over by Grim Reaper, Hitman, or Hannibull before I get the out-gate opened for those bulls! crazy

Have a great day!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Savage,

Who are you, and why are you here commenting?

Brian

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the reality check Randy.
I'm off to camp for the season tomorrow.
Have a great summer and fall and Fly Safe

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When I was in Alaska I met Larry.

[Linked Image]

He seemed ok that morning.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wish I was headed that direction, too. I miss that part of the country. Maybe next year. Take care.

It's not the destination...
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Nice edit. Guess you realized that being his friend was not happening.

So, you come here to pile on, based on a single meeting. Well, at least you've met him, old Phil don't have a clue.

Brian

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Brian,

What I wrote and then deleted but not before you read it was "It sure would be fun to be his friend"

Then I thought about what I wrote and deleted it as it would not be fun, for me, to be Larry's friend when he attacked others. That and only that was the reason that I deleted it.

Now what would be the most fun for all of us would be to have Big Stick back but to have the discussions on a level where all are welcome.

Keep in mind that us gun owners who enjoy second amendment rights have a responsibility to act in a civilized manner. If we don't act civilized then we loose our rights.

IC B3

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Keep in mind that us gun owners who enjoy second amendment rights have a responsibility to act in a civilized manner. If we don't act civilized then we loose our rights.

I've acted quite civilized.

Those who are judging others by the amount of personal information they wish to share on the internet, and by whom they chose to call friends, are the ones being uncivilized.

To be blunt, that would be Phil Shoemaker.

I stand by my statement... Anyone who truly believes anonymity equals cowardliness should act accordingly, and not respond to said people.

Brian

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Savage, You are absolutely correct.
The main problem I have with these forums is that folks, who might be great people in the flesh, tend to forget they are dealing with other individuals and disreguard common civility. Not being face to face is part of the problem and anonymity only aggravates the situation. I have had plenty of discussions about this with Rick.
These are supposed to be open forums where like minded folks can discuss things and learn from others - not some closed clique for belittling and slamming outsiders who might hold a differing opinion. Save that for bars and personal e-mails.

Phil Shoemaker
Alaska Master Guide,
Alaska Hunter Ed Instructor
FAA Master pilot
www.grizzlyskinsofalaska.com

Anyone who claims the 30-06 is not effective has either not used one, or else is unwittingly commenting on their marksmanship.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Brian,

Your statement makes no sense.

Unless we all should withdraw and leave the forum to the lowest common denominator.

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
I met Don outside Tongass Dockside store last year when his cruise ship stopped in Ketchikan, he seemed, well odd that day...

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Unless we all should withdraw and leave the forum to the lowest common denominator.

Of course not, because anonymity does not equal cowardice.

Those who feel it does, and yet choose to frequent internet forums where it's the norm rather than the exception, should learn to deal with it, or leave.

Brian

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL,

Now thats funny. grin

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 458Win
The main problem I have with these forums is that folks, who might be great people in the flesh, tend to forget they are dealing with other individuals and disreguard common civility.

Phil,

You label me a coward, because I don't post my full name here, and then talk about disregard for civility?

You take the prize dude.

Brian

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by BW

Of course not, because anonymity does not equal cowardice.

Those who feel it does, and yet choose to frequent internet forums where it's the norm rather than the exception, should learn to deal with it, or leave.

Now you have indeed trapped yourself Brian. You now admit that you accept and like behavior when its mean and hurtful. Of course there is entertainment in that for some. The Romans used lions.

Hopefully it will stop and Big Stick will be back in a more careful mode and that will be most interesting to the 800 here.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
don't hold your breath.......

I can't spell... Deal with it...
BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Now you have indeed trapped yourself Brian. You now admit that you accept and like behavior when its mean and hurtful.

Dude, what are talking about? I've done none neither of those things. This is one of those cases, where someone says something so way out there, that it's just impossible to get back to reality.

[Linked Image]

Brian

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

64 members (338reddog, 10gaugemag, anothergun, 8 invisible), 872 guests, and 897 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,118
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.