Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Brian,

Indeed you have been trapped and identified yourself as one who enabled Big Stick to run on. Without the cheering section I doubt he would have got as bad.

It seems that logic is too difficult for some. They resort to calling each other 'dude', grins and laughs but little in the way of reason.

Keep in mind that much of the time there is more than one right answer. The clash and debate of those facts makes it all the more interesting. If your not doing well in an argument its best to wait for another day. You would be surprised how often a fact that gets refuted today proves to be the rule tomorrow.

All guns should be locked up when not in use!
GB1

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your still rambling, and not providing any facts.

What are you talking about, concerning me enabling Stick to do anything? Stick couldn't care less about what I think.

Use the 'quote' feature, and find some quotes from me to back up this weird argument your trying (poorly) to make. Otherwise, your just wasting bandwidth.

Brian

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Savage_99
Brian,

Indeed you have been trapped and identified yourself as one who enabled Big Stick to run on. Without the cheering section I doubt he would have got as bad.

It seems that logic is too difficult for some. They resort to calling each other 'dude', grins and laughs but little in the way of reason.

Keep in mind that much of the time there is more than one right answer. The clash and debate of those facts makes it all the more interesting. If your not doing well in an argument its best to wait for another day. You would be surprised how often a fact that gets refuted today proves to be the rule tomorrow.

To borrow the line from a GEICO commercial....

WHAT??

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Savage....

Seems I can recall Ol' Stick putting you in your sorry place more than once....based on experience I'd reckon.

[Linked Image]
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
What's with your anonymity complex Phil...??

Stick was Stick and most here knew him for what/who he was....simple as that.

Seems to me the only reason you post your whole name is so the rest of us KNOW exactly who you are.....ya know, the whole gun writer fame thing.

We can't be allowed to forget such a detail as that.........

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Whew! I just waded through this whole deal. Brian, you the only one of the bunch up there that I have met, that is the reason I addressed this to you. Don't know anybody else but enjoy reading you alls posts.

Stick and I have exchanged info and had laughs before the bust up. Sorry it happened.

So, when any of you all see him please tell him old Boggy said Hey!

Thanks

BCR

Quando Omni Moritati
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 458Win
Savage, You are absolutely correct.
The main problem I have with these forums is that folks, who might be great people in the flesh, tend to forget they are dealing with other individuals and disreguard common civility. Not being face to face is part of the problem and anonymity only aggravates the situation. I have had plenty of discussions about this with Rick.
These are supposed to be open forums where like minded folks can discuss things and learn from others - not some closed clique for belittling and slamming outsiders who might hold a differing opinion. Save that for bars and personal e-mails.

+1 to that.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Find it quite humorous and ironic that Stick just keeps on keeping on and others here are still tormented by the slightest mention of his name...

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Moderators need to kill this thread...obviously two camps here who are never going to see eye to eye and the guy in question is gone...so does it really matter? Those who liked him should know where to find him...well give him a shout and chew the fat and enjoy, but for those on the other side of the coin, save us the band width of "wondering" about him and let it go..

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
If nothing else,(and there were tons of pluses to his posts) Stick did teach one that life is not always peaches and cream, one has to be tough to survive. Sure brings out the whiners... heat in the kitchen and all...Funny to see that it keeps getting drug on and on and on by a few... and hilarious to see the chum keeps getting dumped overboard to the frenzy.

Someone posts a photo of me in a dress and lipstick, I"ll have to fly north and kick some.....you've been warned, I"m a mean American of German/Czech(Heinz 57 if you will) heritage!

Jeff

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Sorry, I don't think it needs to be killed really, what needs to happen is that folks that see the word "STICK" and hate him just need to skip on by, don't pass go, don't collect 200 bucks, just keep rolling....

Many other threads on this sight delve off topic and into general chat between just a few, thats where this one is/was going till the others showed up on the scene to start the fire

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anyone wonder why his name just keeps coming up long after he's been banned?
Could it be that he brought alot of information to the fire based on real experience, been there done that kind of thing?
I do not know him personally, but greatly miss his posting here.
The campfire has lost most of it's appeal, at least to me, since he is no longer posting here.
There are alot of good people here, but none have provided so much knowlede combined with the ability to cut through the bullshit as to what really works in life.
Like I have already said, there are alot of good folks here, but few who base their information on first hand experience with what really works in the REAL world.
Most just promote what they THINK is best without ever really comparing it to others first hand.

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Lee, is that you??(last sentence -- grinning)

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think it was a great thread.

It has taught me the Phil thinks those who don't post their name on the internet are cowards. It also tells me that despite that opinion, he's willing to grace us with his presence. You know, so he can pass judgment and all.

Seems that I wouldn't enjoy a beer with Phil afterall, something Big Stick figured out long ago, and which was only brought to light by this thread.

Somehow I think I'll survive being judged a coward and a bad person by someone who doesn't even know me.

Brian

BW Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Boggy Creek Ranger
Whew! I just waded through this whole deal. Brian, you the only one of the bunch up there that I have met, that is the reason I addressed this to you. Don't know anybody else but enjoy reading you alls posts.

Stick and I have exchanged info and had laughs before the bust up. Sorry it happened.

So, when any of you all see him please tell him old Boggy said Hey!

Thanks

BCR

Sure will Boggy!

Hope all is well with you and yours!

Brian

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That is what the PM function is used for.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Geeezus, another Stick bash fest, you guys need to let it go. I don't know Stick from Adam but he always found the time to answer a question or 2 from me. From what I could see, he is a hard head and does things his way, like or or not and a lot here didn't like it. I just don't see how ANYONE can judge a person without actually meeting him/her in person. And as a far as the posting your name thing goes, with the technology out there today, I 'm not going to make it easy for some lowlife to get my info and take things that are mine so I don't post it, if you want it i'll be glad to pm or e-mail it, thats the way I see it. I'd be willing to to bet Stick is still having a great time shooting his rifles, catching kings and halibut and sharing a few cold one's with his friends. I'd drink a beer or 2 with him, actually, I'd drink a beer or 2 with ALMOST anybody with the same interest as myself. Someday i'm gonna make it down to SE and see what all the hoopla is all about.

That's ok, I'll ass shoot a dink.

Steelhead

7 STW Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wildswalker
What's with your anonymity complex Phil...??

Stick was Stick and most here knew him for what/who he was....simple as that.

Seems to me the only reason you post your whole name is so the rest of us KNOW exactly who you are.....ya know, the whole gun writer fame thing.

We can't be allowed to forget such a detail as that.........

I'd use my name too if running a outfitter camp.But I ain't.It's in his best interest.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Don (savage99) you are a delusional [bleep] moron, the fact that you say you met Stick is complete bullshit as the man would jump through hoops just to not meet your sorry azz.........Blake

People sleep peaceable in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am sorry that Stick is gone........as a result, I don't spend as much time here as I used to.

Learned a lot from Stick's postings re: small caliber stuff as I haven't done anywhere near as much with those as with larger calibers.

Stick always gave the info freely when asked and we spent a few real late nights on the forum.....probably helped that we both liked steelhead fishing too.

Occasionally, I would kinda stir him up on certain topics, like "Mousers" & Talley LW's but it was all given and taken in humor.

That's the BIGGEST problem on here; some have some mighty big egos and take everything way to seriously and need to lighten up a bit.......this stuff ain't life or death.

I'll never meet Stick to be able to make a personal assessment, but if he knew 1/2 of what he talked about on here, then he knew a LOT. And besides, anybody that did the type of work he did and survived as long he he has, deserves a tip-o-the-hat.

Still interact a bit on the 'hide but it's a different deal over there.

Good Luck to him & his wherever he is, and I hope he gets back on the 'hide when his 30 days are over.

MM

Page 7 of 13 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

228 members (1OntarioJim, 22kHornet, 06hunter59, 320090T, 257 roberts, 6mmCreedmoor, 24 invisible), 1,219 guests, and 959 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,094
Posts18,522,166
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.