Kimbers are junk!

That one cracks me up

GB1

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by derby_dude
Okay, here's one nobody mentioned yet. How about the gang-bangers in the movies shooting their hand guns sideways? I've never been able to figure out what the purpose of that is other than Hollywood tricks.
[Linked Image]

Myth?

Mike J

Character is defined by what you do when no one is looking.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Now THAT'S funny.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
No myths but goes with the hollywood theme

Movie snipers always shoot offhand from rooftops sometimes with a bipod dangling in the air.

Jennifer Lopez firing a bolt gun like its an auto. She did kill that snake thou.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by montanabadger
I saw Kevin Costner shoot 23 shots out of a 6 shooter without reloading.

Heck, that's nothing. Just a few nights ago, I watched a long TV movie that showed a number of guys growing from young boys into old men without once taking a leak or a dump. Or combing their hair. Or sleeping. Or impregnating the wives who bore their sons and daughters. Or buying the clothes that they wore � or the cars that they drove. Et cetera, ad infinitum.

Most wonderful of all, that movie somehow compressed something like eighty to a hundred years of several guys' lives into something on the order of four or five hours of viewing time � including breaks for commercials.

smile

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I could sell the hell out of those in New Orleans. wink

Proudly representing oil companies, defense contractors, and firearms manufacturers since 1980. Because merchants of death need lawyers, too.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A guy I work with swears by a 9mm and laughs out loud when I mention my 1911(s). He says they aren't accurate because the bullets don't spin and they aren't fast enough to penetrate anything over a tee-shirt.

beati pacifici quoniam filii Dei vocabuntur Matthew 5:9
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"bullet-proof vests"

cry

"Good enough" isn't.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
" If ya get blackpowder wet, it turns into nitroglycerine when it dries out!"

Be afraid,be VERY VERY afraid
ad triarios redisse
My Buddy eh76 speaks authentic Frontier Gibberish!
[Linked Image]
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
30-06 doesn't shoot flat enough for mule deer and antelope you need a 270

IC B3

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
A co-worker was looking at a Ballistic chart and then tells me that a .308 aint much good past a 100 yards.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Muleskinner
This one is more related to the scope crosshairs thing. In movies, they always show binocular views with two merged fields of view, instead of a single one. I hate that!

Oh, don't you wish that you could huff and puff to the top of a ridge, sling your rifle, then hold your binoculars as rock-steady as a movie sea captain who stands on the deck of a sloop, a ketch, a schooner, or a yawl and peers through a yard-long telescope at the captain or the colors of another ship a mile away?

smile

"Good enough" isn't.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by WayneDW
... but I know the guy well enough not to try and argue. He's the kind of guy who just defends his position harder and louder when presented with logic.
Wayne

I think I know him (and no, it wasn't the guy I saw in the mirror when I was shaving smile )

[Linked Image]
"What will you say when God asks you 'why?'"

KJ believer
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by wuzzagrunt
A .44 Magnum slug can stop a car by punching clear through the engine block.

Back in 1979 I bought a brand new Super Blackhawk 44 mag while stationed at Ft Huachuca, AZ (for $207 from Sierra Vista Jewelry and Pawn shop, just outside the main gate). Back then you could take your 4 wheeler down to the San Pedro River between Sierra Vista and Tombrock (what we "affectionately" called Tombstone) and 4 wheel and mud whamp all you wanted, then shoot till it got dark. Today it's a bird sanctuary and you can't get near it with an off road vehicle.

Some of the cars never made it out of the river (which would flash flood when it rained down in Mexico, just some 12 miles or so to the south. I'd always heard that the 44 would shoot right through an engine block, so being young and stupid (as opposed to 50 and stupid now) I took my new pocket cannon on down there and tried it on one of the old car carcusses there. I was one surprised (and lucky) fellow when the lead came flying right back at me. Not being completely an idiot (just partially so) I decided I'd try to shoot through the door of that late '60's sedan (don't remember the model). It didn't even go through the door reliably.

It might do better on today's plastic molded models, but I was convinced that if it could stop a car it was because you lucked out and hit something vital like the distributor (or the driver) and the engine stopped, not because you put a hole in the block.

Still have that Super Blackhawk, but haven't shot at any more cars. (Hey, I'm not completely stupid) I have bought a couple of BFR's in the last few years, one in 444 and the other in 450 Marlin. Maybe I should try them, huh? Back then I was an ignorant Spec 5. Now I'm a much more learned Master Sergeant. I'm sure it would work now. wink

[Linked Image]

KJ believer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sanlen
Originally Posted by WayneDW
... but I know the guy well enough not to try and argue. He's the kind of guy who just defends his position harder and louder when presented with logic.
Wayne

I think I know him (and no, it wasn't the guy I saw in the mirror when I was shaving smile )

Heck, I've known a small army of 'em � must be a separate race all its own.

smile

"Good enough" isn't.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
A friend of mine was showing me a Mossberg 500 that had been modified into a home protection weapon.........black stock,shortened barrel, and extended magazine.We were in a local bar.The guy next to us said.....man,you could mow down a bunch of people if you put it on automatic.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have an older model pump 16 gauge that you can hold the trigger down and pump till it's empty. It's almost like automatic....

Which brings up "myth" # 4.

A pump shotgun will shoot faster than an auto (this one can even be true, depending on the guns compared, and the skill of the shooter).

[Linked Image]

KJ believer
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here's another one and this is a true story.

When I was a teenager the .44mag was just coming out. I heard from some men that I thought knew what they were talking about how powerful the .44mag was and that shooting it would dis-locate one's shoulder.

A number of years later I became friends with a guy that had a S & W model 29 .44 mag. He reloaded so his rounds were safe but full house loads. Imagine my surprise when his 7 year old son went shooting with us and muckled on to that 29 and proceeded to blow those targets away (cans). I figured if that kid could do it I could do it. So much for the dis-located shoulder!!! laugh

Don't vote knothead, it only encourages them. Anonymous

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups." Anonymous

"Self-reliance, free thinking, and wealth is anathema to both the power of the State and the Church." Derby Dude

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
When I was a kid, a myth in favor � later refocused on the .357 Magnum � was that a .45 ACP bullet that hit a man on the tip of a finger would knock him down.

cry

"Good enough" isn't.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Go for a franchise Steve!

The only improvement you could make is a little replaceable rubber flap on the back of the slide that disguised the fact that the gun actually shoots backwards and kills the shooter!

Think of your owning the distribution rights as your own form of philanthropy.

I think such a gun might do wonders for New Orleans crime rate. I just watched Anderson Cooper's report on the city last night and found one stat hard to believe. He stated that there were 163 murders so far this year - and only 3 have been solved. Un-friggin-believable if it's true!

Where 'ya going to retire to?

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

601 members (10gaugeman, 1badf350, 160user, 06hunter59, 1911a1, 10gaugemag, 76 invisible), 14,673 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,195,072
Posts18,541,350
Members74,057
Most Online21,066
07:15 PM

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.