Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
I'm looking for an honest opinion of Vortex optics. Do they stand behind their products, optic quality for higher end models. I'm looking for all good and bad points.
Thanks for the help

At some point my hobbies became my life.
GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I won't touch them with a 20' pole. I had one of their first Razor 12x50 razor bino's that I pre ordered when they were introduced.. I broke them, sent them in to see if they could be fixed. This was at the time they were coming out with the next generation of HD razors. I sent an Email asking if I could upgrade to the HD's and would be willing to pay for the upgrade. I was told that they would be sending me a replacement pair of original razors. I sent an email back to them reiterating that I would pay for an upgrade considering that Vortex was not making the original. I received a return email stating that they had some in the QA room that they used for testing. I had written the serial number of my binos down for my records. When I received my replacements I checked the serial number and it was an older serial number than I had sent in. At that point I put the binos up for sale, cancelled a order for several Vortex scopes that I had ordered, removed all my Vortex scopes that I had mounted on rifles, sold them, Sold my spotting scope. I no longer have anything that says Vortex on it. Bitter? you bet, I have no reason to do business with Vortex for any reason. Their life time warranty is nothing but a joke.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Just bought my first Vortex, the Razor LHT 3-15x42. It’s impressive but we’ll see how it holds up after the shine wears off. It can’t be any worse than a Leupold.

"Pessimism never won any battle." - Dwight Eisenhower
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
BluMtn, so you broke binos, sent them in, Vortex replaced them with same model (older serial # means absolutely nothing), and subsequently you “won’t touch them with a 20’ pole”. What did I miss?

100% Public land DIY!
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
I don't have any complaints. Seem like fair quality for the cost.

Razor 16-48x65 spotter
Viper 3-9x40 rifle scope
Diamondback 10x42 binos
Recon R/T 15x50 spotter
Solo 8x36 monocular

IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Isn't everything made in China now?

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
They stand behind them better than most. When companies start replacing every product that comes through the door it tells me what it cost to make or in their case import those products. They also give half off coupons out like toilette paper and run very aggressive free product spiff to the point of purchase people

Their higher end optics are nice but over priced for what they are.

I like many get half off...and wouldn’t own one. Not to be over critical but you asked

GOD Bless America
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
I’m glad people are happy with theirs

GOD Bless America
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by hunter5325
BluMtn, so you broke binos, sent them in, Vortex replaced them with same model (older serial # means absolutely nothing), and subsequently you “won’t touch them with a 20’ pole”. What did I miss?

Because of their attitude toward me in asking to PAY for an upgrade and then they send me a pair of USED binos older than the set I sent in and mine were pro-order so they were some of the first ones to be out on the market. I have read many times from people who brag about Vortex upgrading a broken scope with a newer version without them even asking. Not to many things get me boiling, but just the mention of Vortex sets me on fire. I will walk 30 miles on broken glass to keep somebody from buying a vortex product. Besides it does not matter what I did. Vortex's warranty is life time no matter what.

Last edited by BluMtn; 04/27/20.

Writing from the gateway to the great BluMtns in southeastern Washington.

Just remember, "You are the trailer park and I am the tornado". Beth Dutton, Yellowstone.
E
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
E
I'm thinking of getting a viper HD ED 8x42 binocular. $400-500 on Amazon

At some point my hobbies became my life.
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Why would anyone knowingly buy Communist China Schit? Time to start looking at labels boys. Too much to choose from. Sure there is a lot made in Pacific Rim, doesn't mean just China. Time send a message.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ErichTheRed

Why? For $429.99 we'll send you a Meopta Meopro

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
That made me smile Doug smile

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
I’d rather have a meopro than ANYTHING imported by vortex

GOD Bless America
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Seem like nice guys but when the number one selling point is how quickly they replace broken chit (and how often) - sit and think about that a bit.

Said it before, will again, the BEST CS is the CS you never use...

Me

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Amen teal

GOD Bless America
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by hookeye
That made me smile Doug smile

Same here and Meopta is good gear. Good CS as well.

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Biebs
Isn't everything made in China now?

I’ve been having this conversation a lot lately. Even if it’s “made in USA” it’s often with parts sourced from China. If the parts are made in the US it’s with raw materials sourced from China.

Notice how Leupolds say, “designed, engineered, machined, assembled” in USA? That doesn’t mean they’re not sourcing a ton of parts from foreign countries, China included.

So my 1 Vortex is made in Japan, but who knows how much of it started in China first.

"Pessimism never won any battle." - Dwight Eisenhower
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by ErichTheRed

Why? For $429.99 we'll send you a Meopta Meopro

I have some Viper HDs and they are just fine...but I'd take Doug up on his offer were I in your shoes and/or had a do-over myself.

Dave

If you're not burning through batteries in your headlamp,...you're doing it wrong.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Have an early spotter for the range. Entry-level and adequate. And some 6x32 bino’s from them; pretty good binos.

The hyper-marketing and incentivisation of retail employees is nauseating, if evidently effective for them. Know people who barely understand which end of a scope to look into, but have a vortex sticker on the truck and gush about how “awesome” anything vortex is. Add the ever-changing roulette of off-shore production sources as a business model combined with “here’s a new one, no we can’t fix anything” CS model and it’s just not drawing me in as a consumer.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

98 members (338reddog, 14idaho, 01Foreman400, achlupsa, 35, 41rem, 4 invisible), 1,556 guests, and 840 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,323
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.