-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Keep in mind that GW Bush was ESTABLISHMENT REPUBLICAN and the people he appointed were part of the country club set. They all think the Constitution shouldn't apply to the peasantry.
GW Bush was a terrible President, which is why the GOP peed away its majority in 2004-2008. Nice guy but terrible president, who took too much advice from terrible people.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
Keep in mind that GW Bush was ESTABLISHMENT REPUBLICAN and the people he appointed were part of the country club set. They all think the Constitution shouldn't apply to the peasantry.
GW Bush was a terrible President, which is why the GOP peed away its majority in 2004-2008. Nice guy but terrible president, who took too much advice from terrible people.

There was a reason the Founders wanted to get away from being ruled by Royalty.

I wish they had included an Amendment to the Constitution that if a family member (even a fuggin cousin, mother's cousin, grandpa's cousin) had served in an elected position at any time in the past 75 years, you are not eligible to run for office.

Fugg term limits, we really need to stop electing from the ranks of "the Elite".

Can you tell how I feel about our governments (Local, State, and Fed) being run by the likes of the Bushes, Murkowskis, Kennedys, Browns, Babbits, etc, etc etc.

The Government of the US of A ain't some fuggin "Smith and Sons" plumbing company.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Did you really expect anything better from him?

They have something on the man.

I’m believing that theory more and more as events unfold.

The fact that politics is even mentioned by the justices is all the evidence needed to prove how political the one branch of government, a branch of government that is supposed to be completely APOLITICAL, has become.

I can’t help but hope, for all of our sake, that RBG retires ASAP!

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by OrangeOkie
Somebody has something on Roberts.

Abundantly clear a while back

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Originally Posted by Sako76
Wasn't Georgie Boys first or last mistake!

You can say that again.

The little shrub had 8 full years of mistakes that cost many lives and trillions of dollars.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by Valsdad

I wish they had included an Amendment to the Constitution that if a family member (even a fuggin cousin, mother's cousin, grandpa's cousin) had served in an elected position at any time in the past 75 years, you are not eligible to run for office.

Fugg term limits, we really need to stop electing from the ranks of "the Elite".

Can you tell how I feel about our governments (Local, State, and Fed) being run by the likes of the Bushes, Murkowskis, Kennedys, Browns, Babbits, etc, etc etc.

The Government of the US of A ain't some fuggin "Smith and Sons" plumbing company.

Geno

I agree with you, Geno, but many here are advocating for a Trumpian succession over the next 1/2+ century. You should add Clintons to your list. We don't need any more of them either.

Meanwhile, onward with King Donald the (orange) Duck.

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by 45_100
None of our First or Second Ammendment rights will be restored until the Supreme Court decides. Roberts does appear to be compromised. Disappointed in Kavanaugh. Expected better from him. I hope he has a plan and is not shirking his duty. We need these constitutional violations decided. Clinton, Bush and the magic knee grow are all huge disappointments.

This attitude drives me up the wall. Your rights are your rights. The State does not confer rights, has no jurisdiction to infringe your rights, and certainly does not restore your rights via the mumbling of some black robed crooks. Your rights are those things you are willing to fight for, and nothing more. If you have nothing you are willing to fight and die for, then you have no rights, you only have the privileges some man in a robe or a suit says you can possess, which makes you a serf, or a slave.

If the State wishes to acknowledge my rights, well and good. I have no problem with that. However, if they wish to take my rights, they can pound sand, and we can fight over it if they wish. Maybe I will die defending my rights. No problem. Once I am dead, I have no more need of them. But they don’t come free, for me or the thugs they send to get them. I am good with that.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
OGW, I hope you do not have to die defending your rights. There is a system in place to protect those rights under the constitution. It might become necessary to die for our rights but only after all other options have been exhausted. At this point in my life prison and the threat of dying for my rights have become less of a deterent.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
New conference on Friday.

Monday could be interesting:

https://www.scotusblog.com/2020/04/...endment-cases-set-for-friday-conference/

After ruling in New York gun rights case, more Second Amendment cases set for Friday conference
Yesterday the Supreme Court issued its long-awaited decision in a challenge to New York City’s ban on the transport of licensed handguns outside the city. Because the city had repealed the ban last summer, a majority on the court agreed with the city that the challengers’ original claims are moot – that is, no longer a live controversy. In a concurring opinion, Justice Brett Kavanaugh joined the majority in concluding that the case should go back to the lower court, but he also indicated that he shared the concern – expressed by Justice Samuel Alito in his dissenting opinion – that the lower courts “may not be properly applying” the Supreme Court’s most recent gun rights rulings, in District of Columbia v. Heller and McDonald v. City of Chicago. Therefore, Kavanaugh suggested, the Supreme Court “should address that issue soon, perhaps in one of the several Second Amendment cases with petitions for certiorari now pending before the Court.” The court’s electronic docket reveals that Kavanaugh’s suggestion may come to fruition soon: By the end of the day yesterday, the Supreme Court had distributed for consideration at Friday’s conference 10 cases that had apparently been on hold for the New York case.

Several themes emerge from the cases that the justices will now review on Friday. The justices are being asked to weigh in on (among other things) whether and to what extent the Second Amendment protects the right to carry a handgun outside the home for self-defense, whether state and local governments can ban assault rifles and large-capacity magazines and whether the federal ban on interstate gun sales is unconstitutional. A full list of the 10 cases distributed for Friday’s conference, as well as a brief description of the question presented in each one, follows the jump.

We expect orders from Friday’s conference on Monday, May 4, at 9:30 a.m. EDT.

Mance v. Barr – Whether the federal ban on interstate handgun sales violates the Second Amendment or the due process clause of the Fifth Amendment.

Rogers v. Grewal – In a challenge to New Jersey’s handgun carry permit scheme, whether the Second Amendment protects the right to carry a handgun outside the home for self-defense; and whether the government can condition the right to carry a handgun outside the home on the showing of a special need to carry a firearm.

Pena v. Horan – In a challenge to a California law banning most commonly used handguns, the petition asks the justices to weigh in on the scope of the Second Amendment.

Gould v. Lipson – In a challenge to Massachusetts’ handgun carry permit scheme, whether the Second Amendment protects the right to carry a handgun outside the home for self-defense; and whether the government can condition the right to carry a handgun outside the home on the showing of a special need to carry a firearm.

Cheeseman v. Polillo – Challenge to New Jersey handgun carry permit scheme.

Ciolek v. New Jersey – Challenge to New Jersey handgun carry permit scheme.

Worman v. Healey – Challenge to Massachusetts ban on the possession of assault weapons and large-capacity magazines.

Malpasso v. Pallozzi – In a challenge to Maryland’s handgun carry permit scheme, whether the Second Amendment protects the right to carry handguns outside the home for self-defense.

Culp v. Raoul – Whether the Second Amendment requires Illinois to allow nonresidents to apply for a concealed-carry license.

Wilson v. Cook County – Challenge to Cook County’s ban on assault rifles and large-capacity magazines, as well as to the Second Amendment analysis used by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit to uphold the ban.

This post was originally published at Howe on the Court.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Geno

I agree with you, Geno, but many here are advocating for a Trumpian succession over the next 1/2+ century. You should add Clintons to your list. We don't need any more of them either.

Meanwhile, onward with King Donald the (orange) Duck.

My condolences, Geno.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B3

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They have pics of him fuuucking Hillary

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Read Denton's post on the subject in a "no-kook zone"...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by stevelyn
Did you really expect anything better from him?

They have something on the man.

I don't consider Roberts a man.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Did anybody really expect anything different from Roberts?

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
why do we have democRAT Senators threatening the Supreme Court Justices?

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Seafire
why do we have democRAT Senators threatening the Supreme Court Justices?

Because they think they've arrived at a place and time where they can.

Given the preponderance of Rinos, I'd be hard-pressed to say they were mistaken.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I don't know, I worked in NYC for 27 years, I had a boss who lived in Queens and hunted upstate. He showed me an annual gun reporting form NYC where he had to list make, model, caliber and serial number of every gun he owned and submit a fee! Worst of all, his wife or significant other had to "sign off" on allowing the guns in the house! Pretty crazy, isn't this registration?

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Sako76
I don't know, I worked in NYC for 27 years, I had a boss who lived in Queens and hunted upstate. He showed me an annual gun reporting form NYC where he had to list make, model, caliber and serial number of every gun he owned and submit a fee! Worst of all, his wife or significant other had to "sign off" on allowing the guns in the house! Pretty crazy, isn't this registration?

Yes, the whole state registers all handguns with the police, and treats possession of unregistered handguns like narcotics possession. Been that way for as long as I've been alive, and before, in NY State. NYC even does that for long guns.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I should have been clearer, will the registration and getting permission from your spouse to have guns in the house go away?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by hanco
They have pics of him fuuucking Hillary

Eye Bleach..!!

That would be worse than the video that they obviously have of him and a goat.

He is definitely looking over his shoulder when he writes opinions.

It's official. I missed the selfie deadline so I'm Maser's sock puppet because rene and the Polish half of the fubar twins have decided that I am.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ μολὼν λαβέ
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (160user, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 1337Fungi, 10gaugemag, 68 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,778
Posts18,477,015
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.