Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Sanlen

Actually, what I said (well, at least meant) was that the issue would never be settled, not meaning in a court of law or in the view of a commission or board, but in people's minds.

Unfortunately, I believe you're correct in this.

No disrespect intended. I simply lost patience with the conspiracy theorist view of human history a few decades ago!

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That the whole cartridge shoots out the barrel..especially rimmed ones...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some do. An old Isuzu commercial showed an entire .44 Magnum cartridge flying from a revolver toward a target.

Or don't you believe TV commercials?

grin

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.

U
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
U
The Joe Isuzu commercials were almost as good as the current caveman Geico ones grin (he's lying...)

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by UtahLefty
The Joe Isuzu commercials were almost as good as the current caveman Geico ones grin (he's lying...)

I thought so too.....

Casey

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
Guys, I've really enjoyed reading this thread. I think you've listed just about every one of my peeves, with the possible exception of "Guns have no purpose except killing people." Oh, and then the ever popular "Violence never solved anything." Really? I was under the impression that very bravely delivered violence by the RAF prevented Hitler from invading England, and it sure put a stop to the Japanese effort to conquer Asia. Seems to have worked there....

Two short follow-up comments:

223 bullets really are designed right on the brink of gyroscopic instability. When they strike flesh, they do tumble, and cause a more severe wound. The Warsaw Pact countries howled about this for years, until they adopted something similar. Now it's OK.

There was a bullet hole in the windshield of JFK's car. This was witnessed by several med school students who walked to the hospital, and saw the car parked outside. It was also witnessed by the factory technicians who replaced it a couple of days later. It was specially cut glass, rather than stock factory material.

The well-known photo of Oswald, holding his rifle, is a fake. The police officer who constructed it has attested to that. IIRC, it also does not pass close inspection... evidence in the photo of tampering.

What does it all mean? Heckifino....

Be not weary in well doing.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
If one of them were to land against a heavy hot coal it might move forward a little,if not then the lead is heavy and case light(the case would fly off )mostly just a pop! But not the smartest thing to do!

Bob

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Get the kid a 20 gauge, it kicks a LOT less than a 12."

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I still have that photo on the cover of LIFE magazine.

I sure was a fake - anyone who understands photography can see that. The shadows on the face are totally different than the shadows on the body. Then there's that pristine bullet that rolled out on the stretcher - and the 75 year sealing of the records yada yada yada.

Sorry, I won't hijack this thread any more - but this topic might make a good topic to jaw about.

Brian

Vernon BC Canada

"Nothing in life - can compare to seeing smiles on your children's faces."
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

561 members (10ring1, 1_deuce, 160user, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 65 invisible), 3,958 guests, and 1,119 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,582
Posts18,532,275
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.