Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Most Unhittable record holder. And, the infamous headlock. Striking men out with a busted lip.

Last edited by jaguartx; 04/28/20.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
GB1

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I Coached Tommy Greene (Phillies) Donnell Nixon (Giants) and played with Otis Nixon (Braves) and all 3 said between him and Randy Johnson there was almost no touching there pitches when they had it going on that day....

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by fuzzytail
I Coached Tommy Greene (Phillies) Donnell Nixon (Giants) and played with Otis Nixon (Braves) and all 3 said between him and Randy Johnson there was almost no touching there pitches when they had it going on that day....

Complete and total side note.....

I was in high school and a bunch of buddies and I went to an Oakland A's series in Oakland.

Otis Nixon was fresh off a bunch of cocaine charges, I mean, like his first game back after some suspension, if I recall. We had seats right behind home plate, for all 3 games of the short home series.

Every time he came up to bat, the entire lower infield went, "Kiiii-Looo" "Kiiii-Looo" (as in "kilo of cocaine")

I think he went 1-13 in the series. And the azzhat A's fans loved it.

Last edited by duck911; 04/28/20.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
I’m one of them Azz hats!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by GregW
Originally Posted by FatCity67
He IS Ironman.

Yep - he's a badass...

His Ventura beatdown is awesome..

No kidding. I got to ask Pudge Rodriguez about that incident. As you know Pudge was catching that game. Pudge is a great guy and I was needling him about not helping Nolan out. He says " I wasn't really paying much attention to Ventura because he hesitated so long in running out there, i was sort of looking off in another direction. When I noticed he was charging the mound he was already way out there, then I started hearing what sounded like Nolan beating the hell out of a watermelon. It was Ventura's face". I laughed my butt off hearing him tell it.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JGRaider
He IS Ironman.

Yep - he's a badass...

No kidding. I got to ask Pudge Rodriguez about that incident. As you know Pudge was catching that game. Pudge is a great guy and I was needling him about not helping Nolan out. He says " I wasn't really paying much attention to Ventura because he hesitated so long in running out there, i was sort of looking off in another direction. When I noticed he was charging the mound he was already way out there, then I started hearing what sounded like Nolan beating the hell out of a watermelon. It was Ventura's face". I laughed my butt off hearing him tell it.

Awesome....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Where did you coach them at?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
May 1, 1991 Nolan Ryan threw his seventh no hitter, tipped his hat, was congratulated by his teammates, and was a humble gentleman.

The same day Ricky Henderson broke the stolen base record and promptly declared himself the “greatest of all time”

To their credit ESPN gave Nolan more coverage.

At least that is the way I remember it.

Henderson was Ryan’s 5000th strikeout.

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Randy Johnson vs. John Kruk is one of my favorite moments in sports. Kruk: "All I wanted to do is make contact, and after the first pitch all I wanted to do was live."

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JOG

Randy Johnson vs. John Kruk is one of my favorite moments in sports. Kruk: "All I wanted to do is make contact, and after the first pitch all I wanted to do was live."

Remember that one too...

The Big Unit was an animal..

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F

Where did you coach them at?

American Legion and at Whiteville high school. Otis played at West Columbus high School and American legion with me. He went to Louisburg Jr college and I went to Appalachain State. He signed after soph season and spent I believe 11 years with yankees before trade to brave. Yes he had and still has his problems,

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Originally Posted by JOG

Remember that one too...

The Big Unit was an animal..

Freaking great

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
That clip with Randy Johnson is one of my favorites. It's funny watching everybody in the dugouts reactions

He's been my favorite player since I was a kid. I shared a hunting camp last year with one of his lifelong friends, who shared some stories. He was the real deal. He pitched in the era of pitchers trying to pitch as long as possible every few days. In his last game, he was 46 and tore a ligament in his arm. His elbow was toast from the tear and wasn't working. He threw one more pitch to feel it out that was clocked at 98mph. I expect the vast majority of pitchers in the MLB today can't touch 98. Nobody will ever surpass his accomplishments because pitch counts are watched so closely now. He could be wild as hell too and threw allot of wild pitches. Not a good thing but 100+mph wild pitches tend to shake up batters.

Last edited by TxHunter80; 04/28/20.
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
And coming from some where out of right field side of second baseman didn't help either.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
He IS Ironman.

Yep - he's a badass...

LMAO!!

We had the sports page clip of Nolan with Ventura in a headlock on the wall in my college apartment the entire time. And my freshman year was the best 2 years of my life!

Pudge was a good'un.

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by JOG

Classic! Reminds me of when Larry Walker flipped his helmet and "switch hit" against RJ in the all-star game!

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by fester

Classic!

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Another baseball fact:

My mother was 9 months pregnant with me, 45 years ago, this very day.

Her and my dad were at the Dodgers game, she had a Dodger dog. It put her into labor, and I was born tomorrow, 45 years ago at about 1 AM.

[bleep] the Dodgers and their crappy azz dogs for tearing me out of my mother's warm womb.

GO ROCKIES!

A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Look up the stats for Greg Maddux. Talk about impressive!! One that really stands out is this one. He faced 20,421 batters in his career and only 310 saw a 3-0 count!!

Last edited by jaytee; 04/29/20.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

76 members (808outdoors, 7mm_Loco, 14idaho, 10gaugemag, 15 invisible), 1,264 guests, and 813 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,868
Posts18,478,678
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.