Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by HPC1989
No Cooper 57M, it's a matter of truth. The form is "ran" by a handful of toxic people.

I have been there for years and haven't picked up on the toxic vibe. It's probably a "you" thing. Reap what you sow...

GB1

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
I am a Die Hard Rimfire ADDICT and can say that there are a FEW members on Rimfire Central that are very knowledgeable and a WHOLE bunch of WANNA BEES. Always seems to be a "Newbe" asking for direction and in a VERY short time they are XPERTS on all Rimfires.

Having had my own home based shooting range I can and do give Real World experiences on my 60 + years of Rimfires. As with most sites the members get on the BEST rifle kick seems like no matter what blog weather it be Winchester,Remington,Ruger etc when someone asks about accuracy about a particular model some WANNA B comments GET A CZ
From my 'REAL WORLD" experience there are several rifles both current and previously Manufactured comparatively price rifles that are every bit as accurate and as well made as the Current CZ's

Kinda Like the guy that KISSED the Cow on the BUTTTTTT 2 each his own TASTE

Jim

"2Day is the 1st Day of the rest of UR Life"
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
One of my favorite forums on the internet. I check it every day, especially the Kimber and Winchester 52 forums.

To ride hard, shoot straight and speak the truth.
NRA Benefactor Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What I'm hearing in this little bitch session is if you go over to rimfirecentral and treat it like the toxic site this is, you probably aren't going to last long over there. They just won't tolerate it and I'm glad they don't. It is much more relaxing discussing gun stuff over there than on this site- which has become so toxic I have to take a long break from it from time to time....

However, they are somewhat limited in the subject matter they discuss at times- they have very little hunting discussion, and the scope knowledge compared to here is pretty limited IMO...

Another thing is you have to remember that they discuss subjects pretty much by forum separated into separate manufacturers or specific subjects. If you go into a Kimber forum for instance, even by mistake by opening the "New Posts" header, don't expect to get reasonable answers about a Mauser Loudenboomer, or something similarly off topic for that forum.

But then, it doesn't take much for some guys to get butthurt and come running over here to whine about it....

Last edited by Sheister; 03/03/21.

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
There are some OK posters there, lots of dipchits too.
As w any forum, reader beware.

IMHO they do tend to protect the tards.

Think one can avoid most of them just staying off the 1022 subforums. Also think it geezer and boomer polluted overall.

So visit but dont stay too long LOL

IC B2

No, there is a toxicity to the forum. If you don't see it, maybe you're part of it. They will get to railing on someone and they will not stop. A handful of guys question just about everything that's said. The forum is one of many owned by an anti-gun corporate establishment. There are other forums that are the same way. There are forums that are not that way. I find it saddening, because RC could have been such a great rimfire forum, but many people that join don't remain active because of the prevailing "Look Who's Smarter" attitude.

The Better You Get, The Better You Want To Be...
RC's experiences and tips can be very worth-while. The toxicity comes from the constant complaining about some companies or some members. My advice would be: Listen to the tips concerning the guns and shooting. When they bash, take that with a grain of salt.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
They will get to railing on someone and they will not stop.

Give me a link.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 03/05/21.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Give me a link.

You should be perfectly capable of finding them yourself. I will not be held liable for sharing links their links on here. Anyone who is getting way defensive about Rimfire Central may just be one of the "Chosen Ones" who kiss Sophia's feet and get away with about anything.

Last edited by HPC1989; 03/06/21. Reason: Misquote

K
K22 Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K

Give me a link.

You should be perfectly capable of finding them yourself. I will not be held liable for sharing links their links on here. Anyone who is getting way defensive about Rimfire Central may just be one of the "Chosen Ones" who kiss Sophia's feet and get away with about anything.

I did point out previously the following: (Which this is all verified information. It's not difficult to access on Google)

-Rimfire Central is one of MANY firearm-related forums that WAS American Owned, but was purchased by a Toronto Company called "The Vertical Scope".

-"The Vertical Scope" is in a partnership with the extremely liberal and anti-gun "Toronto Sun".

-"The Vertical Scope" and "The Toronto Sun" are both owned by 1 corporation called "TorStar".

-Taking JUST "Rimfire Central" as an example, they generate approximately $600K annually in advertising revenue from gun-related companies.

-"Rimfire Central" has 3 paid employees, one of whom is the Head Administrator Sophia.

-You can check out THIS link that spells out quite a bit: https://www.canadaland.com/torstar-owned-verticalscope-runs-dozens-of-gun-forums/

-Here's another link: https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...ng-dozens-of-american-gun-forums.453348/

-Here is a list of gun-related forums owned by anti-gun Canadian "The Vertical Scope/Toronto Star/TorStar"
1911Forum.com
1911Talk.com
68Forums.com
700Rifle.com
ACRForum.com
AirSoftSniperForum.com
AR15Forums.com
ArmsLocker.com
BersapistolForum.com
BlowgunForum.com
ColtForum.com
DefensiveCarry.com
FloridaConcealedCarry.com
FNForum.net
GearHog.com
Glock.pro
GlockForum.net
GrayBeardOutdoors.com
GunBlog.com
GunBoards.com
Gunco.net
GunForums.net
GunHub.com
GunnerForum.com
GunListings.org
HandgunForum.net
HandgunsandAmmunition.com
HKPro.com
KahrForum.com
KeltecForum.com
KimberTalk.com
M14Forum.com
MarlinOwners.com
MassCops.com
MP-Pistol.com
NationalGunForum.com
PistolSmith.com
RimFireCentral.com
RugerForum.net
RugerPistolForums.com
ShootersForum.com
ShootersRealm.com
ShotgunForums.com
Sigarms556.com
SigTalk.com
SlingshotForum.com
SmithandWessonForums.com
SniperForums.com
TaurusArmed.net
TheAKForum.net
TheFirearmBlog.com
UtahConcealedCarry.com
WaltherForums.com
XCRForum.com
XDTalk.com”

So, manufacturers advertise on these forums, the profits go to Canada (who HATES the fact that we have guns), and the money is ultimately used to fight FOR gun-control in the United States. The gun-related companies advertising on these forums are more than likely financing their own demise. Check it out.

....and yes, Rimfire Central is toxic, biased, and lacking in knowledge in multiple areas. If someone is among "The Chosen Few", they can say literally anything about whatever company or person and it will NOT be removed. If the attacked company tries defending themselves they will get booted. It is literally a form of "Social Media Bullying". If you are an intense Rimfire Central member, you know it's going on; you may justify it, but you are aware of it. I have seen 2 "smallish" companies literally driven into oblivion due to their continuous railing and complaining. Yet Rimfire Central has a "No Vendor Bashing" rule, which is a huge laugh. I own a small business. I know how hard it can be. When I see Rimfire Central members doing things like this and the Admins allow it, that's inexcusable.

It is actually VERY sad that Rimfire Central is the way it is (Chief Admin and RC Employee Sophia being the chief-cause) because there is a great deal of content that's outstanding on that forum! There are friendly environments. But when "The Chosen Few" or Sophia pop up, things will go south pretty quickly.

The other above-mentioned forums generate advertising dollars. I would say TorStar makes out VERY well on this venture! I'm just thinking that a guy might want to be careful regarding WHAT you post. Due to the ownership, who knows what this information is being used for. Also, on any forum, take "bash-a-thons" with a grain of salt. Sometimes people just want to be part of a crisis. They'll pile head-first into a problem without even having one. Mole hills can get turned into mountains pretty quickly.

This quite interesting. When I first joined RC it was a different site and run by a different bunch. Do you know if they also were owned by The Vertical Scope back then? Just curious .
I joined back in 2002 and used to post quite bit back then, but in recent years I didn't like the way the site was being run and very seldom post now.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Give me a link.

How in the hell am I supposed to know which ones made you so butthurt you just had to run over here and tell us?

I am not defensive about it at all. I don't understand it, because I haven't seen it. Gauging from your posts here, we have different styles of communication. I can understand why you'd be more likely to end up in a confrontation that finds your feelings hurt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
HPC, tell us on this teddy bear where the big bad Sophia person touched you.... on a level of 1-10, how bad did it hurt? Would you like a binky or a blanket to help you calm down?

Your continual ranting is getting more and more childish as it goes along. It is apparent you had a run in with somebody over there and you didn't like how they responded... so let it go and move on. No need to continue whining here about RFC- most of us have had great experiences on RFC for the most part and I must be missing the forums you have had problems with because I've never seen the activity you are claiming...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

-Rimfire Central is one of MANY firearm-related forums that WAS American Owned, but was purchased by a Toronto Company called "The Vertical Scope".

-"The Vertical Scope" is in a partnership with the extremely liberal and anti-gun "Toronto Sun".

-"The Vertical Scope" and "The Toronto Sun" are both owned by 1 corporation called "TorStar".

-Taking JUST "Rimfire Central" as an example, they generate approximately $600K annually in advertising revenue from gun-related companies.

-"Rimfire Central" has 3 paid employees, one of whom is the Head Administrator Sophia.

-You can check out THIS link that spells out quite a bit: https://www.canadaland.com/torstar-owned-verticalscope-runs-dozens-of-gun-forums/

-Here's another link: https://www.indianagunowners.com/th...ng-dozens-of-american-gun-forums.453348/

-Here is a list of gun-related forums owned by anti-gun Canadian "The Vertical Scope/Toronto Star/TorStar"
1911Forum.com
1911Talk.com
68Forums.com
700Rifle.com
ACRForum.com
AirSoftSniperForum.com
AR15Forums.com
ArmsLocker.com
BersapistolForum.com
BlowgunForum.com
ColtForum.com
DefensiveCarry.com
FNForum.net
GearHog.com
Glock.pro
GlockForum.net
GrayBeardOutdoors.com
GunBlog.com
GunBoards.com
Gunco.net
GunForums.net
GunHub.com
GunnerForum.com
GunListings.org
HandgunForum.net
HKPro.com
KahrForum.com
KeltecForum.com
KimberTalk.com
M14Forum.com
MarlinOwners.com
MassCops.com
MP-Pistol.com
NationalGunForum.com
PistolSmith.com
RimFireCentral.com
RugerForum.net
RugerPistolForums.com
ShootersForum.com
ShootersRealm.com
ShotgunForums.com
Sigarms556.com
SigTalk.com
SlingshotForum.com
SmithandWessonForums.com
SniperForums.com
TaurusArmed.net
TheAKForum.net
TheFirearmBlog.com
UtahConcealedCarry.com
WaltherForums.com
XCRForum.com
XDTalk.com”

So, manufacturers advertise on these forums, the profits go to Canada (who HATES the fact that we have guns), and the money is ultimately used to fight FOR gun-control in the United States. The gun-related companies advertising on these forums are more than likely financing their own demise. Check it out.

....and yes, Rimfire Central is toxic, biased, and lacking in knowledge in multiple areas. If someone is among "The Chosen Few", they can say literally anything about whatever company or person and it will NOT be removed. If the attacked company tries defending themselves they will get booted. It is literally a form of "Social Media Bullying". If you are an intense Rimfire Central member, you know it's going on; you may justify it, but you are aware of it. I have seen 2 "smallish" companies literally driven into oblivion due to their continuous railing and complaining. Yet Rimfire Central has a "No Vendor Bashing" rule, which is a huge laugh. I own a small business. I know how hard it can be. When I see Rimfire Central members doing things like this and the Admins allow it, that's inexcusable.

It is actually VERY sad that Rimfire Central is the way it is (Chief Admin and RC Employee Sophia being the chief-cause) because there is a great deal of content that's outstanding on that forum! There are friendly environments. But when "The Chosen Few" or Sophia pop up, things will go south pretty quickly.

The other above-mentioned forums generate advertising dollars. I would say TorStar makes out VERY well on this venture! I'm just thinking that a guy might want to be careful regarding WHAT you post. Due to the ownership, who knows what this information is being used for. Also, on any forum, take "bash-a-thons" with a grain of salt. Sometimes people just want to be part of a crisis. They'll pile head-first into a problem without even having one. Mole hills can get turned into mountains pretty quickly.

That's a very long list of gun sites with pro-gun readership/content to be owned by such an anti-gun organization. smirk

I've run afoul of the fairly applied RFC rules a time or two, and in my dealings with Sophia and what I've seen of her dealings with others, she has always acted consistently, fairly and even handedly. Something that can''t be said for a lot of other gun related sites honchoed by macho blowhards.
Maybe you just don't like being put in your place by a woman? The rules are pretty clear there for those who bother to read them. If you don't like them, don't go there and don't complain about it, or start your own much better rimfire oriented site.

Last edited by gewehrfreund; 03/06/21.
Originally Posted by K22

Give me a link.

I did point out previously the following: (Which this is all verified information. It's not difficult to access on Google)

1911Forum.com
1911Talk.com
68Forums.com
700Rifle.com
ACRForum.com
AirSoftSniperForum.com
AR15Forums.com
ArmsLocker.com
BersapistolForum.com
BlowgunForum.com
ColtForum.com
DefensiveCarry.com
FNForum.net
GearHog.com
Glock.pro
GlockForum.net
GrayBeardOutdoors.com
GunBlog.com
GunBoards.com
Gunco.net
GunForums.net
GunHub.com
GunnerForum.com
GunListings.org
HandgunForum.net
HKPro.com
KahrForum.com
KeltecForum.com
KimberTalk.com
M14Forum.com
MarlinOwners.com
MassCops.com
MP-Pistol.com
NationalGunForum.com
PistolSmith.com
RimFireCentral.com
RugerForum.net
RugerPistolForums.com
ShootersForum.com
ShootersRealm.com
ShotgunForums.com
Sigarms556.com
SigTalk.com
SlingshotForum.com
SmithandWessonForums.com
SniperForums.com
TaurusArmed.net
TheAKForum.net
TheFirearmBlog.com
UtahConcealedCarry.com
WaltherForums.com
XCRForum.com
XDTalk.com”

This quite interesting. When I first joined RC it was a different site and run by a different bunch. Do you know if they also were owned by The Vertical Scope back then? Just curious .
I joined back in 2002 and used to post quite bit back then, but in recent years I didn't like the way the site was being run and very seldom post now.

Last edited by HPC1989; 03/07/21. Reason: Misquote

Rimfire Central was purchased sometime between 2016-2018.

Rimfire Central was purchased sometime between 2016-2018.

Give me a link.

How in the hell am I supposed to know which ones made you so butthurt you just had to run over here and tell us?

I am not defensive about it at all. I don't understand it, because I haven't seen it. Gauging from your posts here, we have different styles of communication. I can understand why you'd be more likely to end up in a confrontation that finds your feelings hurt.

I wouldn't say we have different styles of communication. I would say that I live in the Real World, I just presented many facts that SHOULD concern you but they clearly don't which is fine. Butthurt? I would strongly recommend treating me with more respect. I have no time for "Hide behind the screen tough guys". I have presented facts. You are simply a blow-hard.

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
As with anything on the internet, you take what helps and you leave the rest... just remember that there are far fewer experts in the real world... it doesn't take too long or cost too much to become an online expert, but in the real world it takes investments of time, dedication and money to become an expert. As far as RFC goes, I have definitely observed bullying and snobbery perpetrated on members, particularly by the CZ fan boys (and GIRL, if you know what I mean).

Originally Posted by gewehrfreund

1911Forum.com
1911Talk.com
68Forums.com
700Rifle.com
ACRForum.com
AirSoftSniperForum.com
AR15Forums.com
ArmsLocker.com
BersapistolForum.com
BlowgunForum.com
ColtForum.com
DefensiveCarry.com
FNForum.net
GearHog.com
Glock.pro
GlockForum.net
GrayBeardOutdoors.com
GunBlog.com
GunBoards.com
Gunco.net
GunForums.net
GunHub.com
GunnerForum.com
GunListings.org
HandgunForum.net
HKPro.com
KahrForum.com
KeltecForum.com
KimberTalk.com
M14Forum.com
MarlinOwners.com
MassCops.com
MP-Pistol.com
NationalGunForum.com
PistolSmith.com
RimFireCentral.com
RugerForum.net
RugerPistolForums.com
ShootersForum.com
ShootersRealm.com
ShotgunForums.com
Sigarms556.com
SigTalk.com
SlingshotForum.com
SmithandWessonForums.com
SniperForums.com
TaurusArmed.net
TheAKForum.net
TheFirearmBlog.com
UtahConcealedCarry.com
WaltherForums.com
XCRForum.com
XDTalk.com”

That's a very long list of gun sites with pro-gun readership/content to be owned by such an anti-gun organization. smirk

I've run afoul of the fairly applied RFC rules a time or two, and in my dealings with Sophia and what I've seen of her dealings with others, she has always acted consistently, fairly and even handedly. Something that can''t be said for a lot of other gun related sites honchoed by macho blowhards.
Maybe you just don't like being put in your place by a woman? The rules are pretty clear there for those who bother to read them. If you don't like them, don't go there and don't complain about it, or start your own much better rimfire oriented site.

Oh my god; give me a break!! It has nothing to do with gender! I have been a member of Rimfire Central for years! I saw this thread where the unfair dealings with Rimfire Central were mentioned and I threw in my 2 cents. Sophia is NOT "even handed". Personally? I haven't had problems, mostly because I quit posting on there long ago. There are roughly 10 old farts on there who jump on people about not posting pics, riding newcomers, it's one large Urination Competition and those in "Sophia's Circle" get by with it. Regarding their rules, THEY don't follow their rules.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ok let’s just all move along now. Everyone pull their big boy britches up and let’s get back to discussing the love affair with everything rimfire.
Cheers.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (22250rem, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 61 invisible), 2,464 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,403
Posts18,488,921
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.