Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
We purchased a new Samsung washer and dryer when we bought this house and they lasted not quite 3 years. We replaced them with a new LG washer and dryer which lasted about 2 years. NEVER AGAIN will I buy that Koreanshit. I’ll stick with Maytag (my favorite) Whirlpool, Kenmore or Frigidaire. We bought a big Samsung refrigerator when we bought this house and it’s still going strong with no problems whatsoever. I still wouldn’t buy another Korean appliance knowing what I know now.

One I finish building our new 1500 sq/ft wrap around deck I’ll be shopping for a new washer and dryer set. Part of the washer and dryer project will mean that I’ll run gas pipe 10 feet and stub in the connection for a gas dryer. I’m sick of inefficient electric dryers and the time it takes to dry a load of Wranglers and Carharts. Our Maytag Neptune would dry a load of double front Carharts in less than 30 minutes. I made the mistake of throwing on a pair of Carharts straight outta the dryer......the rivets branded me for life. I must’ve been quite a site squealing like a little girl running around the house furiously trying to get those pants off before the rivets and zipper burned my flesh and made the house smell like death. Man I miss that dryer but at least I still have it in storage, I’ll fire it up once I run the gas line.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Been using the local laundromat for many years. But this virus deal made me rethink the risks as I'm 76 years old. So I have just purchased a new display model Maytag front load washer whose sheet metal cabinet is pretty beat up, though the face is nice. Also picked up a really nice 3-year old Samsung gas dryer in a matching color. I'll have to convert that to propane.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]ostimages.org/][Linked Image from i.postimg.cc][/url]photo and images hosting free

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
When our 30+ year old Maytag washer finally died (part cost = not worth repairing), our repair guy recommended Speed Queen, so we got a set one level below the top. So far we've been very happy with them.

Paul

Stupidity has its way, while its cousin, evil, runs rampant.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Wouldn't you fuggin' know it. I NEVER should have replied to this thread.

Monday this week, our Samsung washer took a chit. Talk about funny timing.

It would fill up on the rinse cycle, start to spin, sputter, and never get to an actual spin. Sometimes. Other times it'd pump water and start spinning, but at the end of the spin cycle there was still some water in the tub, with soaking wet clothes.

Found this sheet with tricks to get into all the diagnostic and test modes:

https://www.pcrichard.com/images/promos/WF328 Fast track R2.pdf

A common issue on these washers is a plugged drain pump filter. We have always had dogs, so I started there. Took the back panel off.....no filter. My model is one of the very first made before they added a filter and access panel to the front of the unit, come to learn. So I pulled the pump unit as that seemed the next most likely thing. It tested 13.9 Ohms, dead on per factory service manual specifications. It even pumped MOST of the time in the diagnostic mode, but not always. Hmmmmmm.... I was actually eyeballing the water level sensor as the culprit, since the pump had perfect resistance.

Put it all back together, same issue. Found a new pump for $40 on E-bay and told me wife, "give me until Friday. If it's not fixed, new W&D on Saturday." She got ALL kinds of excited.

Pump arrived today. On our 3rd load of backed-up laundry, trouble free. Wife isn't so happy now, LMAO.

Never again, Samsung.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Pahntr760
Originally Posted by EdM
Happily going on 12 years with mine. I have had to replace the heating element in the accompanying dryer though. A 15 minute $30 job.

Near exact same case here. We have 12 years-ish on ours, and the dryer isn't throwing heat. I need to fix it when I get back from here, but may just call a guy and pay the exorbitant price.

My semi-mechanically inclined wife just replaced the heating element, thermostat, and thermal fuse in our dryer. She said it was pretty easy and has been successful. We've had the set now for a bit over 12 years with this being the first repair needed ever.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bad news. The guts of all of them come from the same place.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Kenmore washer and dryer here.

I dont trust the new schit. Maybe they work good for clean people.

Same, same here.

I do have an LG side by side fridge though. Purchased new in 2007 and still going. Blow and clean the dust off the compressor every so often.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
We bought an LG washer and dryer set about a month ago and are very happy with it so far.

Last edited by achadwick; 05/08/20.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Well, load #4, problem is back.

Fuuuugggggggggg...........

In diagnostic mode, washer is displaying error code "d".

I cannot find "d" anywhere on line. There is dE, dO, all kinds of stuff, but no just plain "d".

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

pal Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got the new Maytag fired up for the first time today. Wow! What a machine! So quiet. Never seen a washer spin dry at such speed before. Clothes come out so dry! Also very pleased with the Samsung gas dryer running on propane.

"There's more to optics than meets the eye."--anon

"...most of us would be better off losing half a pound around the waist than half a pound on our rifle."--dhg

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

584 members (1234, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1badf350, 10ring1, 58 invisible), 2,351 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,986
Posts18,499,852
Members73,984
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.