-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You need a stun gun ready when you live where they live. You get bit use the stun gun on the bite. It is like a Jesus Christ miracle. I read the stun gun breaks down the protean of the poison.
I know they sure work on other spider and mosquito bites.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Ringman
You need a stun gun ready when you live where they live. You get bit use the stun gun on the bite. It is like a Jesus Christ miracle. I read the stun gun breaks down the protean of the poison.

Ok, Dick Dastardly.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by Ringman

Ok, Dick Dastardly.

Do some google search.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Had an older friend who was bit by a Brown recluse. Killed him. Maybe several bites, been a long time. The family found a next of them in the box springs of his bed. I have no use for them. If I see a spider, I kill it.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
All spiders are dead meat. Only good spider is a dead one squished.

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I have a nice quarter sized/indented scar on my right calf from where I put a Lacrosse rubber boot on to go feed while wearing shorts. I didn't even feel it when it bit me. After a couple of days it was antibiotics and a trip for debridement and instructions on how to keep it clean as stuff rotted off.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
One reason I tolerate mud daubers here.

They eat the hell out of black widow and recluse spiders.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Didn't know that. I'll quit wiping the daubers out around the house as we have both versions of spiders here. And more.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I generally don't have a problem with spiders, they eat a ton of insects and keep them in check so I leave them alone. I wouldn't want recluses around though...glad we don't have them here.

Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Didn't know that. I'll quit wiping the daubers out around the house as we have both versions of spiders here. And more.

The mud dauber's have quite a few species, they target either caterpillars or spiders. I watched a blue mud dauber one time pull his trick on a spider. They must know how not to get tangled in the web, one I saw flew into the web. When the spider came out thinking it had a meal, WHAM...the dauber flipped around, stung the spider and flew off with it. I've seen the different types of mud nests on the house, I generally leave them. Everything has it's purpose and theirs is to keep caterpillars and spiders in check.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Say what you will about Pa.
I have never seen a Black Widow, and we are out of the Brown Recluse
zone. Ticks and our few skeeters and biting flies are enough for me.

You all can have you bugs and reptiles.
Our Timber rattlers and Copperheads are bad enough

None here on the North Coast either. And no rattlers or copperheads. Thank God I don't live in the South.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
up here in Northern Minnesota we just have frost bite ,not much for spiders or reptiles but plenty deer ticks ! glad we don`t have spider problems.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
One got me on a heel of the foot some 40 years ago. I was on crutches for over six months. Still gives me some problems. A friend of mine, who was diabetic, died from his bite. It would not heal and worked its way into the bone marrow.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubt" Bertrand Russell

Y
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Y
I got bit by one when I was stationed at Ft Lenard Wood Mo. Nasty critters.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My one brown recluse bite (diagnosed by the Dr.) started out as an itch on my thumb right behind the nail. I never knew when the bite happened. The next day it was a pimple the size of the head of a straight pin, still itched. Then it turned into a pimple with a white head which of course I opened and started medicating. By the 2nd morning the head was the size of a wooden pencil eraser and sore as hell. Went to the Dr. that day. It took over a month to heal minus quite a bit of skin!

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
I just read that SE Michigan is getting a few that have hitchhiked from other states when people come back from vacation. We have very few rattlesnakes or venomous spiders. I like it that way.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Got a spider bite in HS. Middle of lower back. Like fire. One of the few times mom took me to a doc.

Yellowjackets......did the Barney Bear outrun a tornado of em thing.

Outran most. Also back in HS.
Just itched, about 50 stings.

Years later, get stung.....once

And its run to the ER. Fugged me up.
Hives all over for a month after too.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Fugg all the bugs.
Ticks really creep me out btw.
The deadly to me yellowjackets......buzzing between fingers
when cleaning geese in early season....

Ice water in veins. They just buzz, too busy eating blood I reckon. Never stung. Scare the chit outta ya till it happens about a half doz times

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I never personally have had an encounter with a Brown Recluse, but a friend of mine did. He was a motorcycle rider. One day when he went to work, riding down the Interstate on his sport bike, he had a sharp burning sensation on the side of his head, just behind the left ear. The damn thing was in his helmet. He found the spider when he took the helmet off as soon as he got to work. The next morning he went to the emergency room and went through a living hell for the next few months, almost losing his ear. He showed me the gory pictures of the rotting flesh on the side of his head. It really left an impression on me. I want NOTHING to do with a Brown Recluse. RJ

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Go rent you a u haul and see how many of those things are in the moving blankets. Yeah no.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
2sticks: Yikes!
That looks just like the spider that came out of my sleeping bag one morning as I was awakening for an Antelope Hunting day.
Luckily I had shot my Antelope the day before as my big toe swole up so bad that a week later I lost that toes toenail!
My partner and I had rented an old house there in Ingomar, Montana and once my toe got to hurting real bad we took a break and headed for Forsyth, Montana and bought "bug-spray".
Younger brother was also bitten on the toe by a spider (he thought Brown Recluse also) when he was living in Rocklin, kalifornicationkopia and he lost flesh from that bite.
Yep not much use for spiders in my opinion.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

560 members (1234, 17CalFan, 160user, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 1lesfox, 61 invisible), 2,302 guests, and 1,190 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,517
Posts18,490,943
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.