Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
This is a damn entertaining thread...waiting to see what "Verg" can do with your fantastic post, nighthawk...I agree with you 100%

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I’d kick her out of bed, but there’d be a hell of a scramble on the floor

Jesus saves, but Moses invests
S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Got this e-mail this AM from the governor on getting back to normal.

I know everyone is eager to get back to their daily routines and dive back into what they love doing. But it’s important to remember that some people will never get to return to normal. I lost my Dad at a very young age. That experience greatly changed the path that I was on. Similarly, this COVID-19 pandemic has greatly changed the path so many South Dakotans were on as well.

We knew this virus would be deadly, no matter what we did. But that doesn’t change the fact that COVID-19 stole husbands, wives, sons, daughters, and friends from their families and loved ones. These people and their families will never be the same. My heart breaks for them, and Bryon and I will continue to lift them up in our prayers.

What has also been stolen from so many is perhaps our most precious commodity – time. For weeks, the most vulnerable, moms and dads, brothers and sisters, grandparents have been in isolation – separated from friends and loved ones.

Then there are students. Though the vast majority of schools and teachers have been doing well, we also know that there are kids who have totally lost contact with their teachers and schools.

My point is that in addition to the health costs, the social costs of this virus are historic in the worst way.

Since day one, I have pledged to let the science, the facts, and the data on the ground in South Dakota drive all my decision-making. I have been very clear that our people need to take their responsibility for health and safety seriously – that they should be practicing good public hygiene and social distancing. The people of South Dakota have done a tremendous job.

Our initial projections on March 10 showed our hospitalization capacity at an unmanageable place. We took specific, targeted steps to alter our path. We pushed our peak off into the future. We cut it by more than 75%. And today, our hospital capacity greatly exceeds our needs.

In South Dakota, an unprecedented situation like this revealed publicly a principle we hold dear: It's our people that make us great, not our government.

Our state motto is a beautiful one: “Under God, the people rule.” That is what our system of government is all about – the people of South Dakota are the source of the power and legitimacy of our government – not the media, not politicians and not political parties. That’s a healthy perspective for any elected official to keep in mind.

If you’ve not read it yet, our “Back to Normal” plan doesn’t include new government programs, more red tape, proscriptive phases, tight controls, or anything of the like. That's not South Dakota.

Rather, our plan continues to put the power of decision-making into the hands of the people – where it belongs. I trust South Dakotan's to continue to exercise common sense, reasonableness, innovation and a commitment to themselves, their families, and – in turn – their communities.

We’re not out of the woods yet, but there’s a path to get Back to Normal, together. To read the full plan, visit COVID.sd.gov.

###

i like that

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I wish we could say the same about wretched Shietmore!!!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Kristi Noem is the new Sarah Palin. and Trump is scheduled to go to South Dakota July 3 for a big fireworks celebration.

Kristi has been interviewed on Fox News many times the last several weeks.....She is HOT!!

IC B2

S
sse Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Kristi Noem is the new Sarah Palin

not exactly something to brag about

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
She ant a moochelle.
Brag away

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by BKinSD
Laughing out loud at the picture of "the Governor." Nice picture indeed but that ain't the Governor. Hahaha good one.

I was trying to figure out why he posted it in the first place doesn’t even look like her. Pretty sure that chick in the bikini is Indian (Dot) celebrity chef Padma Lakshmi.

[Linked Image from i.dailymail.co.uk]

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I, for one, am hoping, like a kid hopes about prom, that they project Trump's face on Mount Rushmore when the fireworks are going off. I love watching liberal heads explode.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I like the thumb bruise.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Good for her....... cool cool smile

K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by verg
We appreciate that part but she is not overly favored. Last I saw she was in top 10 for most unapproved governors.

Where in SD do you live?

I’m guessing ER.

I retired from the Johns Manville asbestos pop tart factory in ‘59, and still never made the connection.—-Slumlord
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

243 members (264mag, 204guy, 17CalFan, 257_X_50, 29aholic, 26 invisible), 2,232 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,625
Posts18,492,875
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.