Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by 4th_point
Originally Posted by koshkin
I've been to the factory and while they have significant warehouse space, but they have allocated a really substantial portion of it to manufacturing and keep on growing it. Also keep in mind that they are going for some really interesting military projects and if they win the production will be mostly done in the US.

A fairly significant portion of the campus is R&D and other labs. They do a lot of design there in WIsconsin and test a lot of OEM'ed scopes there as well.

In a nutshell, anything that says "AMG" is made in the US. For now, that is two products: 6-24x50 precision crossover scope and UH-1 holographic sight. Both are excellent.

The rest of the Razor riflescopes are made in Japan with final assembly on some of the models done in the US.

Golden Eagle scopes are also made in Japan.

Razor spotters are Chinese, but they take them apart and realign them in the US.

Razor UHD and Kaibab HD binos are made in Japan. The rest are, I think, made in China.

Anything riflescopes that say Viper or PST are made in Phillipines.

Diamondback riflescopes are also from the Philliipines.

Diamondback Tactical, Strike Eagle, etc are all from China.

If you do not like that they make a significant portion of their products in China, buy their US/Japanese/Phillipine products. It is nice to theorize that you do not want Chinese made products, but Vortex lives in a very competitive world. If they stop making products in China, other companies who do will simply take over their market share.

Plenty of companies simply lie about where their products are from. Vortex does not. They are very clear where different things are made.

Like any other company, they respond to market demand. If people buy more of their non-Chinese products, they will do more of their manufacturing outside of China.

Average Joe consumer is all anti-China until it is time to open up their wallet. Then, things change really quickly.

ILya

Good info, ILya. Thanks for the summary.

I'm not a big fan of Vortex, but have owned a few of their riflescopes and a Stokes Sandpiper.

I'm usually not interested in Vortex products, but am really impressed with the UHD binos, based on a quick look. Have you had a chance to try them?

Jason

I havn't had a chance to look at them too much yet. I glanced at them at SHOT and they looked good, but that is not much of a test. Flare was really well controlled.

ILya

GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
After reading this, I need to just go back to open sites.... and hope for the best...

or hunt at 50 yds or under...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by koshkin
I havn't had a chance to look at them too much yet. I glanced at them at SHOT and they looked good, but that is not much of a test. Flare was really well controlled.

ILya

OK, thanks.

Jason

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,381
Posts18,488,572
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.