Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
My nephew's department made the switch from the Glock 22/23 to the 17/19 last year. He's happier with his 19 than he was with his 22. He says he shoots it better, and doesn't feel disadvantaged.

GB1

jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MOGC

Everybody isn't a gunfighter. No matter that they think they are.

What would you call a hit ratio of 26:1?

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Shooting at a moving target that is shooting g af you and trying to keep from getting hit isn't like shooting on a firing line

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Does the fact that a bullet can penetrate a 1/8 steel plate have any relevance when shooting at people? Yes, there is that one in a thousand chance of the bad guy hiding behind steel, but other than that...

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Does the fact that a bullet can penetrate a 1/8 steel plate have any relevance when shooting at people? Yes, there is that one in a thousand chance of the bad guy hiding behind steel, but other than that...

Yes it does. Three times in the last year we’ve had azzhats try to drive over an officer. Meth and desperation make for some interesting chit.

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Hell yes it does. What do you think car doors are made of? Many rounds will go through the door bug not it they hit the steel wi dow roll up mechanism but the 357 Sig will go through any way

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by jwp475

. What do you think car doors are made of?
Not 1/8"

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

. What do you think car doors are made of?
Not 1/8"

You have never shot a car door. I can tell by your posts and you completely ignored the part about the steel window rollup mechanism

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Have you ever looked inside a car door? There ain't much there.

A good shooter is gonna make hits with whatever caliber he has. A bad shooter is still gonna be a bad shooter.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by TWR
Have you ever looked inside a car door? There ain't much there.

A good shooter is gonna make hits with whatever caliber he has. A bad shooter is still gonna be a bad shooter.

Unless you hit the steel wi Dow roll mechanism and i you do 9am +P, 45 ACP +P will not go through it. The 357 Sig will as will 35i mag, 41 and 44 mag. I've never tried the 40 S&W

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Hell yes it does. What do you think car doors are made of? Many rounds will go through the door bug not it they hit the steel wi dow roll up mechanism but the 357 Sig will go through any way

I think you could easily drill 1/8 " mild steel" with an AP parabellum - maybe even a Mak. (with standard Russian Mil. cart.) would do that ; but - 357 Sig. will do it with H.P.s.

357 Sig. is a superb L.E. cartridge.

Last edited by night_owl; 05/01/20.

abusus non tollit usum
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

You have never shot a car door. I can tell by your posts and you completely ignored the part about the steel window rollup mechanism
I haven't shot pigs released from a cage and filmed it, either.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
While jwp's penetration test is interesting, it takes us down a rabbit hole that needn't be explored.

You're not going to convince somebody to equip 20K gun carriers because the cartridge in question can sometimes penetrate a window regulator.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

Shooting at a moving target that is shooting g af you and trying to keep from getting hit isn't like shooting on a firing line

I figured that, but eight FBI agents after an astounding number of rounds expended and the 26 rounds expended where (if I read the narrative correctly) were from behind and using the hood of a car as a rest/cover. One of the biggest "takeaways" from this and other shootings is LEOs do not receive enough training/practice...

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I'm pretty sure the takeaways from this shooting have been addressed by any department or agency that's worth a fugk.

It happened in 1986.

And it's interesting that at the time, the FBI followed the advice of gun nuts. Only to discover years later, that gun nuts don't necessarily know WTF they're talking about when it comes to police work and real world shooting.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
jorgeI Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
I'm pretty sure the takeaways from this shooting have been addressed by any department or agency that's worth a fugk.

It happened in 1986.

And it's interesting that at the time, the FBI followed the advice of gun nuts. Only to discover years later, that gun nuts don't necessarily know WTF they're talking about when it comes to police work and real world shooting.

Well, SOMEBODY's recommending stuff I wouldn't.... smile

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Well, SOMEBODY's recommending stuff I wouldn't.... smile

If the FBI endorsed the 10mm tomorrow, all the deer hunters and backpackers of the world would applaud.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

I haven't shot pigs released from a cage and filmed it, either.

right over your head

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by deflave
While jwp's penetration test is interesting, it takes us down a rabbit hole that needn't be explored.

You're not going to convince somebody to equip 20K gun carriers because the cartridge in question can sometimes penetrate a window regulator.

no disagreement

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I swear this topic gets posted just to start arguments. I can promise you that .02 of bullet diameter is not really that important in a gunfight. 40's work fine, but so do 9mm's and 45's and 357 Sigs, and several others. Some of you argue about this like it's religion.

Page 9 of 21 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

559 members (1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 222Sako, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 57 invisible), 2,510 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,331
Posts18,487,575
Members73,969
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.