Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
The Chinese see most white/western style societies as an obstacle in the way of their global ambition. I've spoke with several Chinese about it. They want the whites out of South Africa and I wouldn't be surprised if they are in some way supporting the farm attacks.

One Chinese official said the Chinese see whites as competition, everyone else not so much. Many of them seemed pretty racist to me and several seemed ambitious and out to prove something. In general however I got along and felt more comfortable around the Chinese than I did the Japanese the summer I spent in Asia. I just found the chinese more open and easier to talk to and much less uptight and formal than the Japanese. I did trust the Japanese and had a lot of respect for them I just had a hard time with their communication styles and the whole public face private face thing.

China is likely going to be a big global problem. A whole generation of spoiled only children with a gender imbalance meaning too few women ran by a totalitarian communist regime. Gee, what could go wrong.

They already considered themselves in a war with the west they are just buying time while they use softer asymmetrical warfare tactics against us and buy off our politicians and help rig our elections. We should cut ties now but we already given them way too much tech and manufacturing know how. It wasn't long ago that the only things we bought from them was rubber dog crap and fireworks.

Too bad Aussies are turning into metro men like us and letting the progressives rule. There may come a day when the regret disarming their people.

Bb

GB1

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
hopefully Trump remains president for the next 4 years and if Trump is we will have your back, but with Bejing Biden remaining the new president its not good for us either.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
M
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
M
Here's a list of the 14 grievances that China has with Australia:

https://twitter.com/ErykBagshaw/status/1328983898911457280

Not sure what they all mean but looks like they want us to cleave away from any alliance with the US, and don't understand freedom of speech and that government don't actually control what the press say, unlike what they do over there in China. We really need to be looking to offload them as a major customer - we want to be trading partners, not an extension of China.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 11/29/20.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
The Chinese see most white/western style societies as an obstacle in the way of their global ambition. I've spoke with several Chinese about it. They want the whites out of South Africa and I wouldn't be surprised if they are in some way supporting the farm attacks.

One Chinese official said the Chinese see whites as competition, everyone else not so much. Many of them seemed pretty racist to me and several seemed ambitious and out to prove something. In general however I got along and felt more comfortable around the Chinese than I did the Japanese the summer I spent in Asia. I just found the chinese more open and easier to talk to and much less uptight and formal than the Japanese. I did trust the Japanese and had a lot of respect for them I just had a hard time with their communication styles and the whole public face private face thing.

China is likely going to be a big global problem. A whole generation of spoiled only children with a gender imbalance meaning too few women ran by a totalitarian communist regime. Gee, what could go wrong.

They already considered themselves in a war with the west they are just buying time while they use softer asymmetrical warfare tactics against us and buy off our politicians and help rig our elections. We should cut ties now but we already given them way too much tech and manufacturing know how. It wasn't long ago that the only things we bought from them was rubber dog crap and fireworks.

Too bad Aussies are turning into metro men like us and letting the progressives rule. There may come a day when the regret disarming their people.

Bb

The US sells arms to over 100 client countries, over half ot them human rights abusers. It outsells the next 5 countries combined( Russia, Uk, france, china etc). For 'global amitions' no one holds a candle to the good old US of A. The US also opened the gates for Russia and china to play global business after the breakup of the USSR. Western countries got to set up business in the half of the world that used to be iron curtain, it was like raiding alladins cave- we got cheap goods, 15% stock returns, easy credit and in the 1990's a 19 year old kid could buy 2 houses, a fast car and a vacation. Then the economies tanked, Russia started taking its terrotories back, and we are left trying to beat China at the game we invited them too. Dumb Dumb Dumb.

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I'd have no problems with dropping a 2,000 megatons of friendliness on them.

IC B2

S
skitish Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
S
China publishes FAKE image of Australian soldier beheading Afghan child

https://www.breitbart.com/asia/2020...stralian-soldier-beheading-afghan-child/

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I remember laughing at millenials 10 years for being upset about what people said about them on social media. Now countries are fighting over social media posts. Congratulations millenials you have dumbed us down to your level. What next, world leaders starting a war because someone defriended them on facebook? Good heavens, the wheels of reality have fallen off the wagon. someone invent me a time machine back to the 1980's. At least the cold war made some sort of sense.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
All nations have been remiss in not recognizing China for the threat it is. Chinese nationals should have been forbidden to buy real estate offshore. No nation should ever have borrowed money from China. No nation should have allowed corporations to sell out to China at the expense of their own country. Someday, maybe pretty soon, we will have it to deal with. GD

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 44mc
every body should just quit buying all that crap that comes out of that country
American manufacturing has moved so much offshore that that's almost impossible. If all Chinese imports were stopped, the shelves would be bare in a week. Even if covid results in American companies returning to the US, it'll take years to retool and start making stuff here again.

Last edited by Rock Chuck; 12/09/20.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm not sure what to make of it. The government wants an independent investigation into the origin and spread of COVID19 (to prevent this from happening again? looking for lessons to learn?). They've also made the comment that they are concerned over China's lack of transparency during the outbreak and that information has/is being withheld. Kinda sounds like it may cost a lot more than it's worth - even ignoring China's threat. I don't think an enquiry would ever be successful.

China didn't like that so responded with threats of going elsewhere for their purchases. China is Australia's biggest export market - 31%, largely iron and coal worth $120 billion. Tourism and education (Australia takes in overseas students) are other key sources of income from China.

szihn, mate, you spend way too much time enjoying your own company.

Why the heck would you want a commie chineese tourist? Screw them.

IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by 44mc
every body should just quit buying all that crap that comes out of that country
American manufacturing has moved so much offshore that that's almost impossible. If all Chinese imports were stopped, the shelves would be bare in a week. Even if covid results in American companies returning to the US, it'll take years to retool and start making stuff here again.

I didn't care when just cheap goods were made in China. We couldn't produce them economically. The problem is when companies started sending high end production to China, just to earn more profits. It's one thing to see "Made in China" on a $39.95 blister pack rimfire scopes but it's another to see it on a "high end" $800+ scope.

Last edited by UPhiker; 12/09/20.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
China is threatening everyone. How we respond will be the determinating factor. The Europeans rolled over. I don't think the Australians will.

Neither will the U.S.. Promise y'all China doesn't want to wake the sleeping giant. Japan did it once & look how that worked out.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
With a Biden and possibly soon to be a Harris administration, China will likely accelerate their plans around the world. It'll be the proverbial "taking candy from a baby".

Last edited by bigwhoop; 12/12/20.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Originally Posted by Just a Hunter
China is threatening everyone. How we respond will be the determinating factor. The Europeans rolled over. I don't think the Australians will.

Neither will the U.S.. Promise y'all China doesn't want to wake the sleeping giant. Japan did it once & look how that worked out.

Japan will be on our side this time, which is a good thing.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Here's a list of the 14 grievances that China has with Australia:

https://twitter.com/ErykBagshaw/status/1328983898911457280

Not sure what they all mean but looks like they want us to cleave away from any alliance with the US, and don't understand freedom of speech and that government don't actually control what the press say, unlike what they do over there in China. We really need to be looking to offload them as a major customer - we want to be trading partners, not an extension of China.

Well done cousins...it has not escaped notice that Sky News outed the list of Chinese infiltrators and agents. If the US media had that list it would still be buried.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Panfaced bastards

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The china/west relationship was all gravy when it was high stock returns, cheap goods and surrounding your fat kids with toys. Now the lifestyle has become too luxuriant for the system to maintain and we are left stirring up wars in the media to try and get our factories back. Fellas, we invited them to do business, we literally handed it to them, and they outworked us, plain and simple. And this is nothing recent, we were actually losing this battle as far back as 15 years ago. You only started hating china when the media put the idea in your heads 4 years ago...

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by 158XTP
The china/west relationship was all gravy when it was high stock returns, cheap goods and surrounding your fat kids with toys. Now the lifestyle has become too luxuriant for the system to maintain and we are left stirring up wars in the media to try and get our factories back. Fellas, we invited them to do business, we literally handed it to them, and they outworked us, plain and simple. And this is nothing recent, we were actually losing this battle as far back as 15 years ago. You only started hating china when the media put the idea in your heads 4 years ago...

I have to agree with you here. Much of what goes on in this world is controlled by corporations, not governments. Governments and politicians merely facilitate this and are rewarded with campaign contributions.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
It's possible that Covid has given us the much needed push to wean ourselves off China dependence. If so that's good thing. Australia has been substantially less affected by That Chinese exported virus than most of the rest of the world largely due to being a bloody big island, but also we have a tendency to be pretty independent. So apart from a few wingers we dealt with being isolated for weeks at a time reasonably well. What we didn't and will not deal with is China being the bully in the playground. We have a rather well developed "middle finger" salute to bullies, and there has now begun a lot of increased discussion with our Asian neighbours who also have a few axes to grind regarding China, especially their illegal incursions into the South China Sea.
We will undoubtedly need to absorb a bit of punishment regarding the ridiculous trade imbalance, but we will not be bending a knee any time soon. As it is the bastards own far too much of our country, and that is being addressed; investment is one thing, takeover something else again. By the way, NZ is doing well regarding overseas "investments" and so should we.
China's expansionism is nothing new, we all just thought they wanted bits of Africa and few third world [bleep] that had no strategic interest. But now we have a bunch of US Marines camped near Darwin, and it looks to increase. The US and Australia have always been great mates. We have all sorts of differences in the way things get done, but like any friends, we always end up arriving at the right solution to most problems. My experience with US soldiers during Vietnam was a positive one. We actually have a lot in common.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I worked in Sydney and North West Queensland for nearly a year. I thought I was an accomplished beer drinker, having practiced the art for a half a century or more. But no, I am just a mere rooky. My hats off to the Aussies! They work hard all day and drink beer hard all night, amazing.
I'm thinking they can hold their own with most anyone man to man. They did themselves proud in WWII - tough people.
F-ck the Chinese!

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (308ld, 35, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 6mmCreedmoor, 7 invisible), 1,883 guests, and 825 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,730
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.