Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
That is really cool, Jeff!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Jeff, could it be possible for a gator to access your pond?

Thinking a helluva surprise for you and new boots and belt afterwards.

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
We hunt Big Cypress Preserve with the buggies..

This one, the one at the house is powered by a 4 cylinder scout, it has a 4 speed tranny bolted to a automatic which offers plenty of gears to choose from.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This is the bad azzed one. Not only is it articulating, there is a drop box on every wheel giving it a extra foot of lift over and above what the 6ft tractor tires offer, pretty much 4ft of clearance under the axles.

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
That's better than any pool, very nice.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Jeff, could it be possible for a gator to access your pond?

Thinking a helluva surprise for you and new boots and belt afterwards.

😎

I suppose, but it never happened..all saltwater downstream from there.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
That's better than any pool, very nice.

Much less expensive and zero maintenance too.

The little shop sitting by the pond had a one bedroom apartment in it. Worked out well offering a full kitchen and bathroom right at the pond.

Thats the well head piping the artisan water straight from the ground to the water fall.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
My tenacity is ageing, but GD, give me the address. I'm not a half bad wrench if that helps.

Dammit, it looks like y'all have a mega ton of fun.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Jeff,

That's pretty cool. Thanks.

Are you hunting gators typically or deer or everything? LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Deer, pigs and turkeys when in season but we hunt Skunkapes year round...

Where the hell is Jim, I went to all the trouble to crash this thread making this post just for him....

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I have not read this thread. But my girlfriend owns 5 rental houses, in Atlanta and Asheville NC. No trailer parks, real nice brick houses, the cheapo is valued at $345K.
So in working with her I know a lot about real estate.

If you put in a pool it will drop the property value about $20K. Whenever someone goes to buy your place, and all real estate changes hands eventually, the best bet would be to fill in the pool and plant grass over it.
Not to mention, if a neighbor's 8 year old yard ape scales your fence, and jumps in there and drowns, your Ass is Grass. On a good day it will cost you a million dollars.
Maybe you should find the neighborhood "Old Swimming Hole" and go swimming there.

IC B3

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
But my girlfriend owns 5 rental houses....

LOL. Maybe in your microcosm your points hold truth about value but that doesn’t talk to my part of the country.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Too bad all these people building these $800K homes didn't talk to your girlfriend before they all drove their home values down installing swimming pools..

[Linked Image from tucsonhomesandlots.com]

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Ours were for pure enjoyment, never an investment. They will get enough when we drop...

Conduct is the best proof of character.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by JeffA
Too bad all these people building these $800K homes didn't talk to your girlfriend before they all drove their home values down installing swimming pools..

[Linked Image from tucsonhomesandlots.com]
''

Looks like L.A. I am sure that in some areas the pool is a great idea. Not so great in other areas, like Atlanta or Asheville NC. YMMV.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
That is cray cray!

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I have not read this thread. But my girlfriend owns 5 rental houses, in Atlanta and Asheville NC. No trailer parks, real nice brick houses, the cheapo is valued at $345K.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
my girlfriend owns 5 rental houses

Wow, do tell more. A whole 5 second hand.

This thread reminds me I need to see if I know anyone who does gunite.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Stickfight
my girlfriend owns 5 rental houses

Wow, do tell more. A whole 5 second hand.

This thread reminds me I need to see if I know anyone who does gunite.

I have extensive construction experience. I have built 5 houses by myself turn key. I did the foundation, I built the stone fireplace, and I did all the wiring, on top of all the carpentry. Have you ever built a house?
Every house my girlfriend bought, I inspected first. If I gave "thumbs down" she didn't buy it. She trusted me for good reason. And I turned down about 14 houses.
I did maintenance on these houses for over a decade. I installed ridge vents. Have you ever installed a ridge vent? I tore out carpets to prepare an oak floor for refinishing.
I installed water heaters. I re roofed two of those houses. Have you ever roofed a house?

I rebuilt gutters and repaired roofs after giant limbs tore through the roof following a tornado. I run all of her ads on Craigslist.
As I said she has five houses and the cheapo is $345K. For twenty years I have managed a $2 million real estate enterprise. I think I know a little bit about real estate.

Go back inside your trailer, pop the top on another Bud Light, and then, tell me all about real estate.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Have you ever built a house?

Probably 200 is me being modest.

I installed ridge vents.

I'm seriously impressed. Have you flushed a toilet?

I tore out carpets to prepare an oak floor for refinishing.

You can't possibly be serious All this in one lifetime?

I installed water heaters.

Not possible Only a licensed union trained plumber could do such a thing.

Have you ever roofed a house?

No, please tell me about it.

I rebuilt gutters and repaired roofs after giant limbs tore through the roof following a tornado.

I can't possibly imagine your handiness.

I run all of her ads on Craigslist.

Even with your fingers as worn to the bone as they must be by now?

For twenty years I have managed a $2 million real estate enterprise.

Is a $2MM book a lot to you?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Here is why I would not install a pool. This happened thirty years ago in Atlanta.

My girlfriend's daughter Monica was graduating from high school. She wanted to throw a graduation party. A friend of ours, Marc, let her throw the party at his condo.
Marc was a big shot Atlanta lawyer made about $500K annually and probably more than that.

This was not a tennis party, nor a swimming pool party, of course, the condo had tennis courts and a pool. The kids were supposed to just party inside the condo.
It was late in the month of May. High school kids all have Spring Fever.
Three of the kids got in to the pool. To do so, they had to scale an 8 foot chain link fence, topped with barbed wire. I wouldn't do that, you wouldn't, but these were high school kids in Spring time, probably drunk or stoned.

An 18 year old boy dove into the shallow end and broke his neck. Paralyzed from the neck down. Spent a lot of time at the Sheperd Spinal Clinic there in Atlanta.
His parents filed a $5 million law suit, and named Marc, and my girlfriend, and the 18 year old daughter as defendants.
My girlfriend and Marc were seriously worried.
After 3 months, the lawyers decided that an 18 year old high school girl had a net worth of Zero and Monica was dropped. After a year, of my girl friend biting her nails to the quick, they dropped her as well. Only Marc was left.

These lawyers band together and he had some of the best lawyers in Atlanta representing him for free, his own buddies at his law firm. Nevertheless it didn't look good.
Marc's ancestors were from Switzerland. He took about $250K and put it in to Swiss gold in a vault in a bank in Zurich. Two years into this sh*t storm, Marc was getting ready to move to Switzerland, I don't know they don't have extradition whatever, but he knew if he went to Switzerland he would escape the law suit. Remember he had had about $300 K in free, top quality legal help at this point.

After three years of Legal Hell, they had a big hearing before the judge in Atlanta. Monica had copies of the printed invitations to the party. Only kids from her own high school had been invited. The paralyzed kid was from another high school and he did not have a printed invitation. The judge threw out the law suit. Marc was saved by the bell!

This sounds crazy but this story is true. If that kid in the wheel chair had been a classmate of Monica's, and had a printed accusation, the lawsuit would have gone forward and Marc's Ass Was Grass.

I still haven't read the thread, maybe you are in the Alaska wilderness where there is no way a high school kid could dive into your pool. Or, no 8 year old neighbor kid could get in there and drown there in the Alaska wilderness. Otherwise, I say skip the pool and go swimming in the Old Swimming Hole.

***************************************************************************************************

Here ya go. Marc passed away 8 years ago I just looked up his obituary. If this could happen to a Bright Boy from Emory, it could happen to you.

SERVICES
Cremation Society Of Georgia, Inc.
1826 Marietta Blvd.
Atlanta, GA 30318

Family-Placed Death Notice

RITZMANN, Marc MARC KENNETH RITZMANN Marc Kenneth Ritzmann, 58, of Roberta, GA, (formerly of Atlanta) went to be with the Lord on Saturday, December 15, 2012. He was born in Chicago, IL on April 1, 1954 and grew up in South Bend, IN and Atlanta, GA. Marc was a 1971 graduate of Marist High school. He attended Emory University where he earned Bachelors' Degrees of Art in English and Philosophy; a Master's Degree in Philosophy; and a Juris Doctor Degree in Law in 1980. Marc was a First Honor Graduate, Articles Editor Emory Law Journal, Member Order of the Coif, Partner Emory Business School, and authored numerous articles dealing with international business transactions. Marc was a kind and gentle man who God gifted with a tremendous intellect. He was definitely a character and those who knew him liked and loved him. He will be sorely missed by his family and friends. Marc used his gift of intelligence to graduate with the highest overall average in the 140 year history of Emory University in Atlanta and then became a senior partner of the law firm Kilpatrick & Cody (now Kilpatrick Stockton) where they put him in charge of their international legal practice.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

418 members (1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1100mag, 57 invisible), 3,471 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,777
Posts18,535,926
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.