Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
There have been big fellers throughout history. Maybe training, nutritional and recovery cycles have peaked performance. The Din stones in Scotland show that strong folks have always been there. I betcha there have been some pretty big stonemasons through time-sure they used technology but there is a series of Strong Men travelling around the world doing legendary feats of strength and they are pushed a bit.

Some of those Cruiserweight lifters like Pete Rubish and Cailer Woolam are absolute beasts. There is a video of Woolam doing rows with 500+lbs.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
He has also won the Arnold Strongman three years running. Saw him on TV today. Prerecorded of course. Event took place in early March.

Fugging guy can toss a 100# sack straight into the air over a bar about 18-20ft high.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Those guys would be kicked outta Planet Fitness with all that yellin!

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by slip_sinker
Those guys would be kicked outta Planet Fitness with all that yellin!

Pretty sure Brian Shaw got kicked out of one. He's a real nice guy, too. Thor, not so much.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mathman
Some don't seem to understand how relative strength scales with size. Ants carry around something like fifty times their weight.

But.......if they were larger they couldn’t. It’s physics.......

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some suggested this moose will probably die young.

Is that due to his heart being too large? Or, suspicion that working with absurd amounts of weight will stress his organs to the point of failure?

😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Is that due to his heart being too large? Or, suspicion that working with absurd amounts of weight will stress his organs to the point of failure?

😎

Really large people don't usually live long. Steroids tend to grow the heart, along with the other muscles, and it can become too enlarged to operate effectively. Both those kinda work against him.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Interesting, Benchman. I’ve heard of extremely large NFL lineman dying at a fairly young age - early to mid 50’s.

Imagining the reasons you outlined are probably responsible.

Thank you for the information. 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D

😎

IIRC, the general consensus was that he will chit out liquid kidneys.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

😎

According to some studies, just being taller tends to reduce life expectancy. More work for the heart to pump the blood around perhaps.

Its true in other species too. Look at dogs: a big breed like a Great Dane is lucky to see seven years, while little terriers and toy poodles will routinely see 16.

IC B3

D
duck911 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by kaboku68
There have been big fellers throughout history. Maybe training, nutritional and recovery cycles have peaked performance. The Din stones in Scotland show that strong folks have always been there. I betcha there have been some pretty big stonemasons through time-sure they used technology but there is a series of Strong Men travelling around the world doing legendary feats of strength and they are pushed a bit.

Some of those Cruiserweight lifters like Pete Rubish and Cailer Woolam are absolute beasts. There is a video of Woolam doing rows with 500+lbs.

I suppose genetics might play a role.

Might explain why we haven't seen any Papua New Guinea Pygmy power lifters on the scene??

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 257_X_50
Some don't seem to understand how relative strength scales with size. Ants carry around something like fifty times their weight.

That's my point.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by kaboku68

I suppose genetics might play a role.

Might explain why we haven't seen any Papua New Guinea Pygmy power lifters on the scene??

There are a few dwarves in powerlifting, and they do very well. I think joint problems are an issue though. Strongman is not powerlifting, though. Similar, but different. Size is generally better, since you have to be able to reach platforms and grab implements. A lot of strongman events involve awkward lifts, and bigger is better.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 257_X_50

That's my point.

I was agreeing........just ‘Splainin

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...former-worlds-strongest-man-in-2021/amp/

This may be pretty interesting. Supposedly he’s going to have a pay per view boxing match next year against Eddie Hall.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Had a buddy that started working out with us while I was in college. At that time I was at my best ever on bench @ 390#. He started out with just a bare bar (45#), working up from there.

The local steroid guy (every gym has a dealer) got him hooked on dinabol. I six months...six months!....he shot past my weight like it was nothing. He said it was worth it despite the fact he couldn't get an erection, had zits all over his back and, by his own admission, coughed up a cup of blood every morning. Sure hope it was worth it!

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
What weightlifting body sanctioned this as a world record?

Some weightlifting organizations don't allow lifting straps.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by rte

None. There’s was a strongman deadlift contest a year or so ago that allowed straps and that’s where Hall set the “record”. Bjornsson basically filmed a gym lift, a very strong lift but still a gym lift, and called it a world record

Last edited by Kellywk; 05/05/20.
rte Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Kellywk
Originally Posted by rte

None. There’s was a strongman deadlift contest a year or so ago that allowed straps and that’s where Hall set the “record”. Bjornsson basically filmed a gym lift, a very strong lift but still a gym lift, and called it a world record

Thanks,the OP was misleading.

Communist Goals

26. Present homosexuality and degeneracy as normal.
27. Discredit the Bible.
28. Eliminate prayer in the schools.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1561529/posts
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by rte

No weightlifting federations allow straps, hitching, etc. That's strongman stuff. Huge weight though, just wouldn't pass in any federation I'm aware of.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

258 members (10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 2ndwind, 17CalFan, 29aholic, 1Longbow, 35 invisible), 3,043 guests, and 1,005 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,641
Posts18,533,619
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.