-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I started having knee pain in both my knees from years being a catcher playing baseball, then working as a house painter.

I asked a buddy who’s a former SF what he and his guys used to help their knees from years of kicking doors and up-down being military badasses.

He said these... https://www.amazon.com/RiptGear-Com...s=riptgear&qid=1588555961&sr=8-4

I bought a pair and while they don’t remove 100% of the felt pain, they’ve help a lot with fatigue by giving back some support to both knees.

I wear them while working and hunting big fur.

Good Luck....😎

Last edited by Beaver10; 05/03/20.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”

M
MMM Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Beaver, can you try that link again? I think it will go to eaxch person's order page.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks all. Going to give the knee braces and compression socks a try.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MMM
Beaver, can you try that link again? I think it will go to eaxch person's order page.

Try this one

https://www.amazon.com/RiptGear-Com...s=riptgear&qid=1588555961&sr=8-4

Last edited by Beaver10; 05/03/20.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by MMM

Try this one

https://www.amazon.com/RiptGear-Com...s=riptgear&qid=1588555961&sr=8-4

Thanks, I’ll try those myself.

All the other Lee Trivino hocus pocus copper crap has not been working. I can’t go to the ortho anymore to get cortisone shots cause I called the docs wife a fuggin bitch. (Never let your wife manage your practice)

IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I had bilateral TKR 2/14/20. For years before in addition to all the steroid shots etc, I wore the knee sleeves w waffled surface inside and slick surface outside. Trick was baby powder on outside surface and put them on inside out. When nearly in place, grab bottom edge and turn it right side out while placing in final position. Easy like that.

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Nice bull, GRIZZ. Please give your friend my congratulations.

Originally Posted by GRIZZ

What a dumb fuqk... Bet you didn't get your Bull either...Been walking long?

Here's how I 'relate"... Get off you knees...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Nice bull, GRIZZ. Please give your friend my congratulations.

Originally Posted by GRIZZ

What a dumb fuqk... Bet you didn't get your Bull either...Been walking long?

Here's how I 'relate"... Get off you knees...
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

What friend... grin Now your phoning it in wiener. Try not to be so predictable...

Coyotes shot no waiting.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by gkt5450
I had bilateral TKR 2/14/20. For years before in addition to all the steroid shots etc, I wore the knee sleeves w waffled surface inside and slick surface outside. Trick was baby powder on outside surface and put them on inside out. When nearly in place, grab bottom edge and turn it right side out while placing in final position. Easy like that.

How’s your recovery? Do ya feel like a million bucks now?

I’ve got to get one knee TKR, roofing and ladders have not been kind to my knees.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Slum,
I’m doing quite well. Was walking later in day of surgery, Thursday and went home on Sunday. Started in home PT a week or so later. It has been incredible relief for me. No limp, no bow-leggedness, regained near inch in height and no hip inflammation while walking due to poor gait attributable to poor knees and alignment of hips.
Mine was baseball and rodeo...but what a arthritic mess later in life!

Last edited by gkt5450; 05/04/20. Reason: Grammar

America, Our Country and we’re taking it back.
IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R
Best thing for knee pain is performing squats with good form and riding a bike a lot

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Last year I thought I was going to need knee surgery but it eventually got better after wearing this daily.....
Compression Sleeve for knee
I see Large/XL (was ~$17) are currently unavailable on Amazon but if you can find that style/brand, it did an amazing job for me!! I like the longer style because it didn't bind up as much as the shorter knee-pad styles tended to do.

Biden's most truthful quote ever came during his first press conference, 03/25/21.
Drum roll please...... "I don't know, to be clear." and THAT is one promise he's kept!!!
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have
Originally Posted by Orion2000
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
My knee is on the mend but I want to try a compression sleeve to keep swelling down and for support.

I screwed my knee up at the gym and was dealing with it and then really screwed it by getting out of my redneck jacked up truck right before a turkey hunt.

Orthopedic doc said he did not see anything wrong in xray and said come back in 6 weeks for a MRI if it still hurts. Told me to wear a compression stocking but that thing is a bitch getting on. About done with that.

See ads for copper infused sleves, which I think is bullcrap as far as copper doing anything. Not against buying one though.

Have any that you use and like?

Had a issue with lower extremity edema after my hospital stay. Started wearing hockey liner socks to add some "compression". Worked pretty good for me to minimize swelling. To me, they seem to be in-between knee high boot socks and compression stockings in terms of "compression". However, not sure if you could get a pair to come up over your knee?

I have tall liner socks that go up to my knee and really like the support. Snug but not stupid tight. I sent off for compression socks and a sleeve knee brace. Going to see how it all works. Fortunatly my knee seems to be getting a little better.

I am going to see if I can find over the liner socks too.

Thanks to everyone for all the input.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

174 members (3333vl, akpls, 450yukon, 264mag, 805, 204guy, 24 invisible), 2,063 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,626
Posts18,492,886
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.