-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All salmon stop feeding, yes, but aggressively chasing lures or bait via feeding-type activity is a better way to put it. Silvers will go in and out of rivers repeatedly and will feed quite a bit while doing it.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
GB1

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I don’t know snag yourself in the back a few times when casting people tend to move away.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by rost495
Fairly sure that most salmon stop feeding when they hit fresh.

Doesn't mean 100% though. And certainly doesn't mean they won't strike a lure for sure, or bait.

I had some similar flies last year and they worked at times when nothing else would. Glad to see a consensus here.

I have not had the luck that they get em one after the other yet though.

Flossing. I had never seen or done it until last summer. I could go up and floss limit of 3 reds usually in a handful of toys. Until the pinks started to show up thick... flossing in the right place wasn't that hard. At least for me. Our customers. Could be another story at times.

Flossing is illegal... everywhere in freshwater, unless there is a specific exemption...

Well write me up then. Never seen it written up. I suppose there is always a first. But according to my conversations with the local law folks on fish, how we do it is legal. And AFG even has a video on it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They have been going back and forth for years... Many want the Russian opened up to killing the limit, for example, regardless of the hook entry point, and getting out of there.

I have seen many tickets written for intentional snagging. Even saw a cop popped...

Current "feeling" seems to be relaxed. Alaska is also unusual (with CT and OR) in that the fish and game department does not do the enforcing. There are many examples of the two agencies not seeing things the same way.

ADF&G thinks a license on your phone is good... AST says you need a signed hard copy...
AST started enforcing the snagging definition; the hook point has to enter from the inside of the mouth...
And lots more...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

430 members (1Longbow, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 45 invisible), 1,757 guests, and 1,075 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,002
Posts18,481,334
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.