Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have a Minox bino and a spotting scope. Hopefully no issues with a warranty, so far no need, but one never knows.

GB1

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
I just picked up a German made pair and called Minox and they were super helpful and very knowledgeable fwiw

All BS aside...they are fantastic

GOD Bless America
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Minox is still in business. They just quit making that line. I wouldn’t lose any sleep over warranty concerns

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Hey JG.

I haven't personally eyeballed or handled the Blaser 1-7x28, but it looks good as far as FOV & specs go, the 28mm should be a nice bump compared to a similarly tube'd 24mm unit.

I hear good things about Blaser's from folks in the industry though.

Looks like Minox handles the tac end, and Blaser focuses on the (discerning) Euro lowlight driven hunter scene, to market along with their excellent rifles? It's nice to see them offer a ring-less rail mount as well.

https://www.blaser.de/us/products/blaser-optics/blaser-optics-infinity-series/

As far as knowing how to build a rifle scope, I imagine they'd be no different than Airbus (Hensoldt), Cassidian (Zeiss expertise), Beretta (Steiner) etc etc.

I'd like to see this Blaser 1-7x28 with a dot/hash basic holdover/slider reticle...would be a near perfect DMR optic.

Originally Posted by JGRaider
My question is "what the heck does Blaser know about optics? They've only been in the game for a couple of years now and have someone else manufacture their overpriced glass now. They don't make squat.

Low speed, high drag
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I generally have JG on ignore. I am moderately certain that he will invariably say something silly and I do not have a need to read it, but someone asked me to take a look at the thread and address some misconceptions.

Blaser and GSO (German Sports Optics) are both owned by the same holding company that also owns a few other things in the same general market space: Mauser, SIg Sauer, Voere, GSG, Hammerli, Rigby and probably a few others I can not think of off hand.

German Sport Optics was originally formed when the same parent company purchased Optronika and Minox and merged them together as a design and manufacturing center. Later, they designed another line of optics products to be marketed as Blaser, aimed primarily at the highest end of the hunting market, with some scopes really designed to match Blaser rifles well. Minox is more of a generalized optics company for them that aims to have a broad coverage of the sporting optics market.

Since Blaser already had a pretty nicely equipped facility in the US, and they needed to support their Blaser optics product line anyway, they consolidated all of their optics support network in the same place. I had an issue with a Minox spotter a couple of years ago and Blaser took care of it quickly and courteously. I suspect that their ability to support the product only got better since then.

Companies start and discontinue different product lines all the time and I am not terribly concerned about GSO/Minox/Balser long term prospects. They are doing a lot of things well and have some interesting things coming up.

ILya

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Springcove
Sorry I was in a hurry this morning. I have had them for over 10 years and want to send them in to see if there are any issues that need addressed. I have no interest in buying new glass and want these to last. I spoke to Minox last year about this and they said send them in but I never got around to doing it. That is all.

There is no reason to send any binocular or optic in for service that has no issues.

Geez..........

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
🙄

Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
I often think about tract and maven pulling a zen ray. It’s why I’ve never considered them regardless of how good their products are. Products are only as good as the service supporting them. I know a bunch of fellow birders that have trashed zen ray glasses as they couldn’t get parts and service anymore and a couple that lost their products when they were in for service and zen vanished into the night

GOD Bless America
K
Krico Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thank you Doug and ILya for your replies.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

523 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 12344mag, 163bc, 45 invisible), 2,360 guests, and 1,259 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,641
Posts18,493,238
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.