GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MILES58
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Like I said, you have no idea what you are talking about. Quarantine law has been around for a long time. Quarantine has been a, and sometimes the only means available to not only our society, but to most societies for many diseases. It is established law and has been tested.

A mouth like you without the sense to think about what he says before [bleep] comes out of it is not going to change that law whether he likes it or not.You are but one of the idiots who like to run off at the mouth that Covid 19 is nothing. Tell that to the survivors of the 73,000 plus who've died so far in two months from that nothing. You run your mouth that it only kills old people and the deeply infirm. Tell that to the survivors of the young and sound of body. You run your mouth that it's no worse than the flu. TWO MONTHS to kill 73,000 people. We are currently killing about 1000 people per day. We have infected maybe 5% of our population. We will continue to infect a lot of people and kill a lot of people until one way or another we achieve some sort of herd immunity whether by vaccination or by infection and whatever the accompanying mortality goes with that. Until we achieve one of those two, people who have taken the time to educate themselves in order to help people will have to solve each individual case as best they can, and because of idiots who run their mouth like you will have to work harder doing so because there are idiots who'll believe you. UNFORTUNATELY THEY HAVE NO CURE FOR JUST PLAIN STUPID, AND IN THIS CASE LITERALLY TOO STUPID TO LIVE.

Wait, the lock-down didn't work? I know "Just image (keyword) how many would be dead if we hadn't locked down. Billions and billions!

Keep FEAR alive!

Go ask a New York doctor if quarantine worked, try an Italian doctor or a French doctor or a Spanish doctor. Just because you need to take off your shoes to count past ten doesn't mean "Billions and billions!"

Did not most of the NY deaths come from quarantined peoples?

FJB & FJT
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You article starts with a false premise. That premise being that Covid 19 is as bad as a bad flu year. It is already as bad as a bad flu year and in fact closing in on the worst. Even after the massive efforts we have undertaken to minimize it. You are so fugging dumb that if some half baked article started off with "The cow jumped over the moon" you'd figure that the same applies to you. For christs sake at least come up with something credible. You are an embarrassment to the other nay sayers.

C
cfran Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
I actually wasn’t talking to you, but will let you prattle on. You like that. So grab your soapbox and keep preaching Miles, I know it’s really scary out there.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 280shooter
Like I said, you have no idea what you are talking about. Quarantine law has been around for a long time. Quarantine has been a, and sometimes the only means available to not only our society, but to most societies for many diseases. It is established law and has been tested.

A mouth like you without the sense to think about what he says before [bleep] comes out of it is not going to change that law whether he likes it or not.You are but one of the idiots who like to run off at the mouth that Covid 19 is nothing. Tell that to the survivors of the 73,000 plus who've died so far in two months from that nothing. You run your mouth that it only kills old people and the deeply infirm. Tell that to the survivors of the young and sound of body. You run your mouth that it's no worse than the flu. TWO MONTHS to kill 73,000 people. We are currently killing about 1000 people per day. We have infected maybe 5% of our population. We will continue to infect a lot of people and kill a lot of people until one way or another we achieve some sort of herd immunity whether by vaccination or by infection and whatever the accompanying mortality goes with that. Until we achieve one of those two, people who have taken the time to educate themselves in order to help people will have to solve each individual case as best they can, and because of idiots who run their mouth like you will have to work harder doing so because there are idiots who'll believe you. UNFORTUNATELY THEY HAVE NO CURE FOR JUST PLAIN STUPID, AND IN THIS CASE LITERALLY TOO STUPID TO LIVE.

Wait, the lock-down didn't work? I know "Just image (keyword) how many would be dead if we hadn't locked down. Billions and billions!

Keep FEAR alive!

Go ask a New York doctor if quarantine worked, try an Italian doctor or a French doctor or a Spanish doctor. Just because you need to take off your shoes to count past ten doesn't mean "Billions and billions!"

Try to think, Inches. Hysteria is not the answer.
[Linked Image from media1.popsugar-assets.com]

Expert Explains Why COVID-19 Lockdown, Social Distancing Doesn’t Actually Work

Like Minds on COVID19

Last edited by 280shooter; 05/07/20.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
IC B2

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by Redneck
How many people die from vehicle crashes every year? Guess the ONLY answer is to park every car, truck and motorcycle....right?

How many die from the simple influenza? Did the US (or anywhere) quarantine the populace then? Must be my feeble memory - but I don't recall it..

This Covid thing is a truly liberal wet dream - and many, many sheeple are buying it - hook line and sinker..

I, for one, do not... But YMMV...

Man, the flu deaths are sure down since the face mask Corona lockdown. Surely it's a good move. shocked wink

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Coming to blue states soon!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
MilesofBS

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by Springcove
MilesofBS

Yep!!!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M

"] WITTKOWSKI: Well, what people are trying to do is flatten the curve. I don’t really know why. But, what happens is if you flatten the curve, you also prolong, to widen it, and it takes more time. And I don’t see a good reason for a respiratory disease to stay in the population longer than necessary."

I guess he doesn't care about the people who cannot get an ICU bed. That leaves aside that for the people who do not wish to die from this, those who every day buys them a day closer to a vaccine and each day is buying them better treatment. Those are pretty compelling reasons to initiate the social distancing, and with 95% of the population as yet unexposed to the virus they remain just as compelling. Thatdoes not begin to address the fact that this virus is nowhere near as easily controlled as SARS and MERS

IC B3

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
It really comes done to an economic consideration - what is the cost per life saved? And is it really worth it? Flattening the curve gives ICU patients a better chance but comes at a cost.

For example in engineering something there is always consideration of risk to human life (eg locating a new dam and the risk of failure causing downstream deaths) - in some circumstances a $ value is assigned against the death of a single person and I've seen $1M used on occasion, but it's very subjective.

Last edited by mauserand9mm; 05/07/20.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

quarantine law is simply not relevant. Remember, we aren't trying to stop this disease, we are trying to manage the time line. In many parts of the country, the progress of this disease is TOO SLOW, and we should be increasing the number of infections, or we'll be in this bizarre mess forever.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Dutch

quarantine law is simply not relevant. Remember, we aren't trying to stop this disease, we are trying to manage the time line. In many parts of the country, the progress of this disease is TOO SLOW, and we should be increasing the number of infections, or we'll be in this bizarre mess forever.

We've gone crazy down here and it has morphed from flattening to curve to stopping the disease - and we are being told that this is a good thing and to be proud of, we've almost done it on paper for now. I think it is stupid and ill considered - how many more crippling shutdowns are going to take place when reinfections occur. At some point down the track they are going to have to admit that their over-reaction was the wrong thing to do.

Actually considering the possible timeframe we may end up with a change of government before this is over and the ability of the new government to blame the old for their poor choices and incompetencies.

Well?
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Every democrat at any level of society is a menace to mankind. Vote and vote anti-democrat even if you're not a pro-Trump voter. All democrats are trash.

C
cfran Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
Correct. Should never have shut anything down, you shouldn’t shelter the healthy, only the old, weak/at risk. Now we face what many, including the MPLS Fed Chair as of today, a National 17%-24% unemployment rate. That all could have been avoided and a complete shame. Nobody is talking about elevated domestic violence, abuse and alcoholism that comes with the shut down. All for a virus which will likely settle in at less than half of a percent death rate.

BTW infection rates for many states like NY are likely in excess of 20%, and I’m sure CA, WA and many other states are similar.

Way overhyped.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by cfran
Correct. Should never have shut anything down, you shouldn’t shelter the healthy, only the old, weak/at risk. Now we face what many, including the MPLS Fed Chair as of today, a National 17%-24% unemployment rate. That all could have been avoided and a complete shame. Nobody is talking about elevated domestic violence, abuse and alcoholism that comes with the shut down. All for a virus which will likely settle in at less than half of a percent death rate.

BTW infection rates for many states like NY are likely in excess of 20%, and I’m sure CA, WA and many other states are similar.

Way overhyped.

Well, actually, Johns Hopkins is only reporting 320 some thousand confirmed cases. Given that there has to be more, even ten times the number of confirmed cases still doesn't make it to 20 per cent. But... suppose we give you that there are 20% of the state's population infected, that still leave 80% that are not exposed and that means doing something as stupid as you are suggesting, no quarantine at all, means that they would still be climbing at the same rate or faster, and that the small problems that they could manage like not enough mortuary service to handle the dead, not enough ICU beds to handle infected, not enough PPE, not enough medical staff, etc, etc. would be aggravated at several times the level that they couldn't keep up with. Oh, and the west coast states are not all that different than us and are running maybe 5% let alone any others..

Do you have any idea how fugging stupid you sound? More importantly do you have any idea what having that many cases in New York would do to the rest of the country with no quarantine in place anywhere? In case you forgot, something like 20% of those testing positive required hospitalization. Can you begin to formulate a plan to accommodate several times as many people as they have?

In case you haven't been paying attention, Minnesota's dead have been close to 80%residents of long term care facilities. Businesses with documented and approved infection control procedures. Sheltering the old has worked well for them hasn't it? Pre-existing conditions does not equate to imminent death. It does not equate to death in the next ten years. Nor does being over weight, nor just past 70, nor having heart disease, nor lung disease etc. People with any of these conditions may well live another 20-30 years if they are elderly.

I honestly feel sorry for people as ignorant as it takes not to get this. They may be pathetic, but they still deserve life as much as any of us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's still after the fact data, so won't help much. If they use my phone, they'll find I spend about 99.99% of my time living atop the microwave in Cookie's kitchen.

1Minute
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by cfran

Way overhyped.

Well, actually, Johns Hopkins is only reporting 320 some thousand confirmed cases. Given that there has to be more, even ten times the number of confirmed cases still doesn't make it to 20 per cent. But... suppose we give you that there are 20% of the state's population infected, that still leave 80% that are not exposed and that means doing something as stupid as you are suggesting, no quarantine at all, means that they would still be climbing at the same rate or faster, and that the small problems that they could manage like not enough mortuary service to handle the dead, not enough ICU beds to handle infected, not enough PPE, not enough medical staff, etc, etc. would be aggravated at several times the level that they couldn't keep up with. Oh, and the west coast states are not all that different than us and are running maybe 5% let alone any others..

Do you have any idea how fugging stupid you sound? More importantly do you have any idea what having that many cases in New York would do to the rest of the country with no quarantine in place anywhere? In case you forgot, something like 20% of those testing positive required hospitalization. Can you begin to formulate a plan to accommodate several times as many people as they have?

In case you haven't been paying attention, Minnesota's dead have been close to 80%residents of long term care facilities. Businesses with documented and approved infection control procedures. Sheltering the old has worked well for them hasn't it? Pre-existing conditions does not equate to imminent death. It does not equate to death in the next ten years. Nor does being over weight, nor just past 70, nor having heart disease, nor lung disease etc. People with any of these conditions may well live another 20-30 years if they are elderly.

I honestly feel sorry for people as ignorant as it takes not to get this. They may be pathetic, but they still deserve life as much as any of us.

You're only looking at one side - save everyone that can be saved with no limit to the cost or consideration of unintended consequences. Society can't function that way.

Well?
C
cfran Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
C
You should recognize he’s a liberal and he’s always right, once you have that figured out it all becomes abundantly clear . . .

Poor Miles.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

343 members (163bc, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 10ring1, 30 invisible), 1,891 guests, and 1,066 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,759
Posts18,476,487
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.