Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
280--I'm in the C Fund, just want to leave my options open. I think there is some money to be made in the I Fund. If President Trump and Congress decide that the US should not be investing in China then that's fine, just include everybody, don't single out Federal employees. No products from China for Wal-Mart, Smithfield Ham and move all our manufacturing (Apple et al) out of China. I guess it's OK to sell pork, lobsters and wheat to them. Let's not forget all the US debt that China owns. Some guy here thinks the TSP fund money is the US Governments!

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by Sako76
280--I'm in the C Fund, just want to leave my options open. I think there is some money to be made in the I Fund. If President Trump and Congress decide that the US should not be investing in China then that's fine, just include everybody, don't single out Federal employees. No products from China for Wal-Mart, Smithfield Ham and move all our manufacturing (Apple et al) out of China. I guess it's OK to sell pork, lobsters and wheat to them. Let's not forget all the US debt that China owns. Some guy here thinks the TSP fund money is the US Governments!

Here is a list of the companies that comprise the S&P 500 index: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_S%26P_500_companies

How many do not deal with China in some way (facilities, raw materials, production purchases)?

And, any company 401k plan will have an S&P 500 fund in its offerings.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It's my money and all the other Federal employees money who participate in the retirement fund, not the Federal governments money, the Fund is managed by appointed people! Horse, I pay Federal income taxes like most Americans, how about you?

You can't pay yours until I pay mine because the $$ you see come from me and those like me who produce.

Gov't workers are NOT taxpayers, they're dollar-shifters

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by horse1
It's my money and all the other Federal employees money who participate in the retirement fund, not the Federal governments money, the Fund is managed by appointed people! Horse, I pay Federal income taxes like most Americans, how about you?

You can't pay yours until I pay mine because the $$ you see come from me and those like me who produce.

Gov't workers are NOT taxpayers, they're dollar-shifters

I invested a ton of money into the TSP over many years and not one cent of it was taxpayer money. I was in the Civil Service Retirement System and 7% of all I made went into the Civil Service Retirement System which was not invested, but used for general spending by the government.

The Thrift Savings Plan is separate from the retirement system, something some don't understand.

AND, Federal employees ARE taxpayers.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You realize military members are federal employees, right?

IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by 280Rem1
You realize military members are federal employees, right?

Yep, and they're not taxpayers either. Had that discussion with a friend, he and his wife both retired w/over 20yrs service each, both agree, gov't workers are not taxpayers, they're dollar shifters.

Like I already said, you can't pay your taxes until I pay mine.

Gov't employees shouldn't be taxed. They should be paid 15-30% less than the avg of their civilian counterparts (based upon what their tax bracket would be). Think of all the administrative waste we could shed.

If you work for the Gov't and believe you pay taxes, explain how that's going to happen if producers stop paying taxes?

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 16gage, 160user, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 72 invisible), 2,891 guests, and 1,264 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,622
Posts18,492,736
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.