-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yes Richard, they have a number of BBQ sauces they make & sell now.

They are OK, about equal with other commercial sauces.

small batch, homemade is way betterer !!

just mt .02

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
44Matt makes a great sauce. He wins a lot of cooking competitions. A few years back, when camping and hunting with him in Alabama, he gifted me with a bottle. I pestered him for the recipe, and he shared it. I signed a non disclosure agreement, so I can’t share with y’all, but damn it’s tasty. 😛

Sam......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My cheater sauce is a 3/4 bottle of Stubs original and top it off with cider vinegar.

Shake and use.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Momma makes a couple dandy’s, store bought, sweet baby rays

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G Hughes Sugar Free Low Carb BBQ sauce is pretty good. Several Flavors.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Beansnbacon33
Sweet baby Rays.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

SBR +1

Ed

A person who asks a question is a fool for 5 minutes the person who never asks is a fool forever.

The worst slaves are those that put the chains on themselves.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Bbq book around here somewhere from 1990 that has some killer bbq sauces and other recipes in it.

"Thrill of the Grill" I believe is the title.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
I like SBR's. But its a little sweet.

Like Russ's home made BBQ sauce.

I know I will catch hell.......but I really like the Heinz Texas bold and spicy.

Also, I really like Stubb's Hot.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Plain ol' Kaft BBQ can be jacked up a bit to be pretty darn good .

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Head Country Apple Habanero.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Cookies, made just south of us in Wall Lake, Iowa.

Richard, have you ever met Speed?

Mine is Countryside out of Algona, Iowa.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I use one from "The Thrill of the Grill" as a starting point.

Saute two Onions diced small in oil, Add two cups Ketchup, One of cheap yellow mustard, 2 c Cider Vinegar, 3/4 cup Molasses.

Cook awhile and adjust flavor then cook longer. I usually add one can of chipotle in adobbo pureed and sometimes some scotch bonnet. Can add any seasoning you like, definitely some red and black pepper, sea salt, worchester and or soy sauce. I add the drippings from a brisket or other BBQ to smaller batches I won't keep as long.
Some bourbon, smoked paprika, majoram, oregano, bay, cilantro, cumin, garam masal, you name it can go into this.

For pork the same base but with orange juice added is good. For a jerk sauce I add all spice, cinnamon, cloves, curry powder and scotch bonnet peppers.
For the jerk marinade I add green onions a little powdered mustard, malt vinegar, mangoes, and let the meat sit for a couple of hours or overnight.

Here's the full recipe, I forgot some ingredients: https://www.cookstr.com/recipes/basic-all-american-barbecue-sauce

Last edited by Tejano; 05/19/20.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Have to try those out

Originally Posted by Tejano

Saute two Onions diced small in oil, Add two cups Ketchup, One of cheap yellow mustard, 2 c Cider Vinegar, 3/4 cup Molasses.

Cook awhile and adjust flavor then cook longer. I usually add one can of chipotle in adobbo pureed and sometimes some scotch bonnet. Can add any seasoning you like, definitely some red and black pepper, sea salt, worchester and or soy sauce. I add the drippings from a brisket or other BBQ to smaller batches I won't keep as long.
Some bourbon, smoked paprika, majoram, oregano, bay, cilantro, cumin, garam masal, you name it can go into this.

For pork the same base but with orange juice added is good. For a jerk sauce I add all spice, cinnamon, cloves, curry powder and scotch bonnet peppers.
For the jerk marinade I add green onions a little powdered mustard, malt vinegar, mangoes, and let the meat sit for a couple of hours or overnight.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Found the book this morning. "The All-American Basic BBQ Sauce"

Originally Posted by Tejano

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
John, yes I know Dwayne, Speed Herrig, I bought a 67 Ford pickup, and my 67 Mustang from Speed's Motors.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

254 members (257_X_50, 10ring1, 1_deuce, 12savage, 29aholic, 264mag, 31 invisible), 2,297 guests, and 1,255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,501
Posts18,490,489
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.