Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I have two Rtic 65 qts. As others have said they're just like a Yeti, or any other rotomolded cooler for that matter. They're tough as nails and have lasted for several years with just scratches on them, something no other cooler I've ever had has done. Any other cooler would be thrown away by now because of the hinges and latches failing.

They are heavy and for everyday use I grab a 23L soft Techni ice cooler I have. The white Rtic 65 is my fishbox for the boat and rarely gets taken off the boat, it gets beer, food, and ice loaded before launching and hopefully comes back full of fish. The tan one gets used mostly for hunting trips, it'll go in the back of my truck for an upcoming prairie dog hunt. It gets beer, ice, food, you get the picture.

If I had it to do over I'd just stick with a couple of white ones, the white one holds ice longer than the tan one. I think it's because the white reflects the heat better, at least that's my guess. Whatever the reason the ice melts in the tan one quicker.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I ordered a Lifetime 26 just a few days ago. If I’d known about the Coleman Coastal Extreme mentioned above I would have ordered it instead.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
[quote=iddave]I have an Rtic and like it very much.

For the money though, the “Lifetime” cooler gets my vote. It’s made in USA which is an added bonus.

Dave[/quote

Yup, Walmart has them, and As much as I despise Walmart and Walmart customers, it s the best deal going, and made in the USA.

And these zombies line up and eat from the media’s trough

Cowards CANNOT be free. Nor should they be.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by coobie
Always bought cheaper Coleman or igloo coolers.Want to buy a decent cooler for our pontoon boat/or going on trips,looking to purchase a RTIC 20 qt cooler.They have them on there website for $129 with shipping included.Any good,bad ugly comments on this brand.Thanks.

\

I bought a 65 qt. last year and like it a lot. I like ice chest that you can stand on in the boat and well heavy ass people can sit on . Does keep ice longer than the cheap ones.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hancock27
[quote=iddave]I have an Rtic and like it very much.

For the money though, the “Lifetime” cooler gets my vote. It’s made in USA which is an added bonus.

Dave[/quote

Yup, Walmart has them, and As much as I despise Walmart and Walmart customers, it s the best deal going, and made in the USA.

Sams club carried a difference version of the Lifetime cooler. A “heavier duty” version. More like a yeti/rtic. Didn’t have them last time i was in. Most been a limited time thing.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought one a few years back for my fishing yak. For just a days outing it was to heavy for what you could get in it. May thats not an issue if your a boater. I ended up buying a RTIC 30 soft cooler for the yak. Its weights much less and keeps stuff cold for the day. I can also get more in it.
For a boat I would go with the 45. I buy RTIC coolers on sale. I have the 20; 2-45’s a 65 and a 110 in the roto moulded and the 20 and 30 in soft sides. Never had an issue with any and they each have their uses

Last edited by Boarmaster123; 05/12/20.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm not hardcore when it comes to coolers so I use Coleman extreme. Good enough.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by riflegunbuilder
Lifetime cooler is a joke. I wouldn't carry another one out of the store for free.

What's wrong with them, other than they're made in China?

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by shootbrownelk
Lifetime cooler is a joke. I wouldn't carry another one out of the store for free.

Wrong

https://usamadeproducts.biz/outdoor-recreation-camping-gear-coolers.html

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Check out Canyon Coolers. Made in USA, lifetime warranty, and better quality than RTIC.

Not all Canyon Coolers are made in USA.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

Wrong

Why wouldn't you own another? I have the 28 QT and it's been a good cooler.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I did, thought they where the nuts, didn't want to buy a Yeti for political reasons so I caught a sale and ended up with $500.00 worth of heavy coolers. I figured I would be set for life! I made mistakes in judgement often! I did a side by side comparison with my old Igloo Coleman Extreme with the extra insulation, twenty five pound block in each and checked back in 5 days, without opening the lid. I honestly could not tell any difference. I keep food in one and drinks and cocktail ice in another. Opening the lid often really kills the ice storage. I use the 20 for lunches behind the seat or on the S X S, but in reality my old coolers are handier and if some jerk steals them I'm out $30.00, steal them they will. I was hunting with a friend and left his Yeti outside the tent in the shade covered with our sleeping bags.Some clown stole the cooler, but was nice enough to leave the food dumped on the ground! Buy one if you like, Yeti even sends you a decal for your truck window so everyone will know you have only the best!

I made a mistake in naming the brand, just went out to the barn and checked if my memory was correct, the coolers I have are Coleman Extreme, not Igloo!

Last edited by Switch; 05/12/20.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Skankhunt42

Wrong

Thanks for the link.
I was really disappointed when I saw my RTIC was made in china.
I bought a super cheap coleman on black friday at bass pro just to keep chains and shovel etc in my truck. We got a camper, and my wife decided we need to re-purpose the cooler for ice/drinks. So I was going to get a quality chest to replace the chain bin. So I guess lifetime is the choice right now. My best friend has been the "king" of drinks for local high school football, both team and find raiser. He uses a few different brands and he thought lifetime was best bang for the buck.
I have a soft side Lifetime I keep in the truck for water and ice tea, and really does not keep ice well. I usually rotate in a frozen quart bottle, but it does not last as long as a ridged container. I still like it because it is easy to fit behind the seat.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
All I know is this:

I hauled seafood and other foodstuffs from south FL, hooked up with Mannlicher in north FL, and drove about 2300 miles out to antelope camp near Douglas, WY with my 45 and 65 RTICs. Seafood was still fresh as a daisy and ice lasted very well.

This is firsthand experience. The kind I like to hear from other Fire members, and not some concoction of imagination.

Last edited by local_dirt; 05/12/20. Reason: changed to correct cooler sizes to 45 and 65

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I never would have bought one but they went on sale for half price the day before the Yeti lawsuit. Also got the soft side one, that one gets used more.
Like others have said they are heavy.
Mostly use mine to store ice to resupply other coolers after butchering big game. If you don’t open it the ice will last a surprisingly long time.

"I was born in the log cabin I helped my grandfather build"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I've got an RTIC 45 and it's the best cooler I've owned. Mainly because I've always been a cheap MoFo and would never spring for a good cooler. It was half the price of a Yeti.

Then I found out that they're made in China. A friend of mine has a Lifetime and he swears by it. The Lifetime is made in the good old U.S. of A. My next one will be a Lifetime.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
I've got an RTIC 45 and it's the best cooler I've owned. Mainly because I've always been a cheap MoFo and would never spring for a good cooler. It was half the price of a Yeti.

Then I found out that they're made in China. A friend of mine has a Lifetime and he swears by it. The Lifetime is made in the good old U.S. of A. My next one will be a Lifetime.

Stonecutter, not railing on you or your buddy. But, I bought my 2 RTIC's the same way you did, at 1/2 the price of YETIs, and were on sale a great price.

At that time, I didn't realize they were made in China, nor did I ever, up until about 5 mins ago. All I know about is how they've performed for me.

Would I adjust my consumer profile accordingly now? Probably. But, that doesn't remove the fact that good ole American made YETI is gouging US customers, and they have been since get-go.

Is that practice any less rancid than buying a product made in China? I would suggest to you that it is not.

PS- turn that computer you're typing on around and see where the "hecho en" GPS's to..

Just saying. Again, not railing on you or your buddy. Just food for thought.

PSS- I would be happy to outlive these coolers.

Last edited by local_dirt; 05/12/20.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yeah, I know, everything is made in China. I love my RTIC, but I'd just like to support products made in the USA. Hopefully we can bring more production of goods back here with the help of Trump. They need to start with pharmaceuticals. I don't like the idea of our drugs being produced by hostile countries.

Last edited by StoneCutter; 05/12/20.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by StoneCutter
Yeah, I know, everything is made in China. I love my RTIC, but I'd just like to support products made in the USA. Hopefully we can bring more production of goods back here with the help of Trump. They need to start with pharmaceuticals. I don't like the idea of our drugs being produced by hostile countries.

Hoping Trumpster can get that turned around pronto.

Just sent him another little bump today to help with his Big Mac bill.

Felt bad about not sending Melania anything for her birthday. smile

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
F
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
F
I have one. They work but are heavy when loaded!
Keeps ice very well! 65qt....

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

389 members (12344mag, 16gage, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 43 invisible), 2,564 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,497
Posts18,490,459
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.