Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Odd man out here but I much prefer my Bushnell to any other trail camera I have. I own browning, stealth, WGI and Bushnell. Worth a look in my opinion.

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Brownings and Moultries are the best... I have a couple of Primo's that are pretty good.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

I have Browning and Moultrie M-40i. The M-40's have been discontinued but they are really good cameras. They are "black flash" and do a good job. The Brownings are really good as well. Both take good video!

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I generally use the $49 12mp Stealth cameras. For that price, they often come with Duracell batteries and a 16gb memory card. Our success rate has probably been 90-95% with them so far. If one won't work correctly, we swap them back at the local hardware store where we buy them. My bunch runs a lot of cameras, and has also had good luck with the Browning offerings, but we don't often use anything upper-end for the deer woods.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Always resort to the model with the highest storage capacity especially if you do not have the ability to check your cameras everyday. I love my brownings. I agree with tzone I have a few Wildgames that I bought a few years back, but I would not buy anymore. I also own a few mobile spypoints and they surprisingly do well for the cost.

Here is a picture from one of my Link Micros on a trail.

Attached Images
deer.jpg (32.19 KB, 90 downloads)
IC B2

H
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
H
My hunt club has a couple of sections of land and I have lost expensive cameras to thieves. A few years ago I started buying whatever was cheapest in the off season in quantity. Figured any of them would last a season, at least, and if I lost some no shed tears. Since I had extras I placed two cameras in some areas ....1 facing South and 1 facing North..... and a whole new world opened up. I got pictures of animals just skirting the edges that would not be picked up by a single camera pointing in a wrong direction. Plus picked up lots of pics of turkeys, hogs, dogs, and trespassers that might have been missed. I have also gotten more creative about where and how high I hang a camera since I have extras to play with. Some of the guys were nay sayers at first but not now. We have enough cameras out now to really know what is going on and understand where and how to hunt an area. A real surprise is that the cheapo cameras (for the most part) last longer than I could have anticipated.

Also, no longer, is there the question if the site is camera worthy. Got cheap extras so I just put one up..... take out my phone and pull up ON X or Huntstand app and drop a pin on the map where I placed the camera and come right back to it using the app whenever I want to check things out.

Good hunting.

Last edited by huntstat; 05/15/20.
R
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
R
I appreciate all of the responses. I picked up two of the Browning Darks Ops HD Max.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by ReggieDunlop
I appreciate all of the responses. I picked up two of the Browning Darks Ops HD Max.

👍🏻👌🏻

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by tzone
Originally Posted by ReggieDunlop
I am looking to pick up 2 or 3 trail cams. I am leaning towards a Browning (either from the Strike Force or Dark Ops line).

Does anyone have any thoughts on these or any comparable trail cams? I am looking to spend between $100-150 per camera. Appreciate any help!

I have a few Wildgame, 2 Primos, and 1 Browning. I'll not have anymore Wildgame cams. The company owners are ass holes. I love the browning and the Primos Proof 2. Both take great pics. Primos is simple, simple, simple to set up.

Aren't the WGI owners the ones that have a large ranch in southern Wyoming and were busted for poaching elk on their place? Shot and killed a calf while herd shooting at a big bull. Killed the bull and tagged it, hauled the calf off and dropped it in a ditch. Real sportsmen there. He got a fine and lost his hunting privileges for a couple years, really just a slap on the wrist for a millionaire like him. Fugg him and his cameras.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 49 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,666
Posts18,474,725
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.