-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Can’t speak for all but here’s our situation, we shut down both locations as mandated, have rent of 8k per mos at one location & mortgage of 3600 at the other.

Now they said we could open at 1/4 capacity & then a week or so later at 50% Cool let’s roll & put people back to work

Lots of our crew happy to be working even w wearing masks & lower productivity due to the increased sanitation measures we have to utilize

Some employees mad at us for offering them work 🤦🏼‍♂️ W ue + the 600 extra some are making as much or more for sitting home

Had 2 quit so far because of it.

Told the wife I can promise we can save some of your biz, but likely not all 🤷🏻‍♂️

We got a stimulus loan, a lil north of 300K, accountants still trying to discern how much will be forgiven

But regardless of employees, we expect client count to be down, how much remains to be seen.

We have a handful of residential rentals, we half priced rent till things shake out a bit, & an air bnb that’s down significantly

It’s kicked our retirement plan solidly in the teeth, but we’re still the lucky ones due to our age & how long we’ve had to prepare

We’ve always tried to prepare for rainy days, but never saw this toad choker coming. If it was necessary, fine, if it was an overreaction to the Kung flu, then f a bunch of azzholes that crippled our economy

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by TBREW401
Gov't has no money. They git it thru taxes.
When businesses do not reopen, ever, folks won't be working, therefore not paying taxes.
How much of that can we stand without a srvere recession, or a depression?

This is far from over.

Exactly. The govt has no money, except for what they take from successful people.

Many don't have reason to realize how much[%] of any local economy is driven by local and state .gov spending.
Most have become very fat with tax revenues, something that is about to change, drastically.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by JeffA
Originally Posted by IndyCA35

Before the lockdown, the average American couldn't save $400 for an emergency. Now there are 33,000,000 kicked out of work. Mortgage payments will fail. Loans will not be repaid. Banks will fail unless the feds bail them out. If they do bail them out, the fed debt will just slow growth for a decade or more.

Do you personally know of anyone that has currently fallen behind with their mortgage payments?
Most of those people are now making more on unemployment than when they were working. If there's one thing I've learned on this site in the 10 years I've been here it's that the predictions of the crazy old geezers on here are very seldom right. This will be no different.

How old does one have to be to qualify for Geezer status?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
O
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
O
... Most of those people are now making more on unemployment than when they were working. ...

This is what happened at the medical practice where my daughter works. Once the office staff did the math on: unemployment, + $600 per week + no child care costs if they stayed home + reduced mileage on the car, they were fighting over "Who GETS to be furloughed?" ... All this debacle did was make it financially attractive for a larger number of people to NOT work...

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Im in comercial real estate with a good portion of my business being leasing. Even during the great crash there was always some dreamer ready to open a salon or restaurant when one went out. Where I am at prices are crazy for rents and a adjustment downward wont kill off too many Landlords as many purchased properties on the cheap as others lost them during Obamas recovery. Warehousing never shut down as mos tenants are service and distribution which were essential services. My income will suffer in about 90 days as my pipeline of deals got interupted but after three great years with no debt most like me have some financial fat to burn off if needed. Most companies will reopen. Those PPP loans will help.. . .

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Originally Posted by JeffA

Before the lockdown, the average American couldn't save $400 for an emergency. Now there are 33,000,000 kicked out of work. Mortgage payments will fail. Loans will not be repaid. Banks will fail unless the feds bail them out. If they do bail them out, the fed debt will just slow growth for a decade or more.

Do you personally know of anyone that has currently fallen behind with their mortgage payments?
Most of those people are now making more on unemployment than when they were working. If there's one thing I've learned on this site in the 10 years I've been here it's that the predictions of the crazy old geezers on here are very seldom right. This will be no different.

How old does one have to be to qualify for Geezer status?
I don't think you'd qualify just going by the pics you've posted. You don't look that old. I have seen "how old are you" threads on here in the past and was somewhat shocked to find out how many members are in their, shall we say, twilight years.

E
ERK Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
E
If they just get going it will pick up quick. People are spoiled and too used to running and spending. Sports and toys and restaurants are all unnecessary but younger people especially believe it’s normal. As stated earlier a lot have not lost any income. Ed k

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
I wouldn't say its just the young people who think its normal.

I am MAGA.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
65 of 67 counties in FL are open. Last will be coming. Parks, etc open soon. Beaches, restaurants, too. I don't see a crash.

A quick state-by-state synopsis by Communist News Network. Updated yesterday, May 13th.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/us/states-reopen-coronavirus-trnd/

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The stock market was oversold, real estate is over priced, something was going to pop the bubble. I think we are only in the fist innings of this game. I don't think it's 2008, not as many people living on credit and Trump will keep the money hose going. But I don't think we are close to bottom yet. Stocks have had two failed rally's, and I think will retest the lows or at least get close yet this year. In 9-12 months there will be a lot distressed properties that used to be vacation rentals that will put pressure on the housing market for the next couple years. We will loose 10% of our GDP for a couple of years, so no v shaped recovery in my play book. The good news is we are in better shape than the rest of the globe, and it will recover with time.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The market is forward looking. What is it telling you?

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by Stormin_Norman
The stock market was oversold, real estate is over priced, something was going to pop the bubble. I think we are only in the fist innings of this game. I don't think it's 2008, not as many people living on credit and Trump will keep the money hose going. But I don't think we are close to bottom yet. Stocks have had two failed rally's, and I think will retest the lows or at least get close yet this year. In 9-12 months there will be a lot distressed properties that used to be vacation rentals that will put pressure on the housing market for the next couple years. We will loose 10% of our GDP for a couple of years, so no v shaped recovery in my play book. The good news is we are in better shape than the rest of the globe, and it will recover with time.

[Linked Image from pbs.twimg.com]

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Orion2000
... Most of those people are now making more on unemployment than when they were working. ...

This is what happened at the medical practice where my daughter works. Once the office staff did the math on: unemployment, + $600 per week + no child care costs if they stayed home + reduced mileage on the car, they were fighting over "Who GETS to be furloughed?" ... All this debacle did was make it financially attractive for a larger number of people to NOT work...

You guys are correct about the unemployment + $600.00. It's gonna slow the recovery. However, the $600 runs out in July. When that dries up, I think a lot of people are going to want to go back to work. Let's hope that Pelosi's $2000 per person bill dies in the Senate. That would be a knife in the heart of the recovery.

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
600 a week is more than I get paid now.

By a lot.

Its like 850 a month after taxes.

How do you sign up for such a payday??

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad

By a lot.

You work too hard, so you don't qualify. cry

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
B
BLG Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
My Saints are set to play the bucs on September 13 in the Super Dome. If Latoya the destroya, Cantrell (mayor of NO) would back off, I can guarantee you the dome would be sold out. (And rightfully so in my opinion)

The people around here want it to end. The freebie fest ain't over yet, so she doesn't want the gravy to stop just yet.

Virus Smiirus.

Clyde

The liberal mind is an endless black hole of stupidity.
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

By a lot.

Get laid off.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Those who think there will be a V-shaped recovery are delusional. A more likely scenario is that Trump will lose the election (Biden is helped by being locked down in his basement) and the country will have had it.

That is a very real possibility & the Demons in various states key that are maintaining a tight shutdown, like MI & PA, are doing all that they can to keep from opening in the hope or further damaging Trump.

And now Pigloshit want to do another $3T bill to pay people to stay home into next year............if the R's & Trump allow that to pass in any real form, they will have signed their own death warrant for the election.

Originally Posted by Ghostinthemachine
I don't think anybody knows. I used to think I knew something about macroeconomics, but now realize I don't know schit.

But on the other hand, I think the above is true too........................so who the fu^ck knows.

What I do know is that however bad it get, if the R's lose the senate &/or the WH, this will get exponentially worse exponentially faster.

MM

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna

By a lot.

You get paid!!!??? shocked shocked

You'll have to teach me how to go about that... grin

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J

By a lot.

Get laid off.

I would have to be employed first.

I am MAGA.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

650 members (10Glocks, 160user, 06hunter59, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,677 guests, and 1,412 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,098
Posts18,483,058
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.