for much over a 100 yd sprint.

#2 witnessed male go behind food counter in Shopping mall,
while staff were occupied at other end, looked very suspect,
but I only alerted owner to the persons presence, which
prevented him from getting the days takings in a bag under
the counter, (he did manage to grab something in haste
and flee but it wasn't the money.)

#3 bank robbery in progress, not my money and not my
business to give a fck about such heartless corporations..
. and no reckless desire to start something that could
get other innocents hurt.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to work with a Filipino nurse who would say “that’s not my yob.”

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Yes, I have passed on every opportunity. Every since my tazer went tits up, and the wife lost the key to the handcuffs.....

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
Yes, I have passed on every opportunity. Every since my tazer went tits up, and the wife lost the key to the handcuffs.....

Before or after they were closed around the bedposts?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna

IC B2

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
No, I try to not be a dipshlt! couple thugs got a cop down wailing on him, trot over and shoot em in the head, try not to hit the cop ; ]

Trump Won!
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I thought I was going to have to at WalMart last week. There was a young black man, standing by the pretzel shop. He was probably going to go steal a bike or something. There's no doubt that he was up to no good. But I wasn't open carrying a shotgun at the moment, so I had to pass. Decided just to nod and smile to him, he nodded back and smiled. Then I went home. That was a close one!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am waiting for my CCW badge and wallet to come in from Amazon before I attempt a citizens arrest. Should be here any day.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Not once. I have called in several and directed the on duty guys in to the scene through the dispatcher several times. Over my 22 years on the job, while off duty I called in several shoplifters I witnessed running from stores being chased by loss prevention, a burglar we had been chasing for several months in the process of burglarizing a car dealership, and a murder suspect I saw running from the scene on my way home from work. I heard that call come in and the suspects description as I was bullshitting at the front desk on the way out after my shift. Got in my truck and half way home I see the guy running over a bridge. Pre cell phones, I went to the nearest call box and called it in, they caught him before he made it to the other end of the bridge.

Citizens arrests, and off duty arrests are a losing proposition most of the time. Great way to get sued, or possibly killed. The one exception is if someone is being assaulted or their personal safety is in jeopardy, then you do what you can to protect someone.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Nope.

Been a sudden first responder a few times when coming across and accident (I am an EMT from some work I did in college) but never felt the need to do a citizens arrest.

Part of it is living in safe area, some of it is situational awareness, much of it, probably luck.

Like I said in another post, I (probably) wouldn't step in unless my or mine were in immediate danger. Jurors and civil suites are a crap shoot. I'll pass.

Closest I ever came was in San Jose. About 10 buddies and I were walking in downtown S.J. after a Sharks NHL game. We took a wrong turn or three, and ended up a bit off the beaten path. Passed an alleyway where a woman was clearly fixing to get raped. Kind of in unison, we all stepped rapidly into the alley to lend a hand. It was 10 vs 1. Dude ran out the other side, we called the cops and stayed until they arrived.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
A couple of holds until the LEO’s arrived ! memtb

You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right; you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong." -Bob Hagel

“I’d like to be a good rifleman…..but, I prefer to be a good hunter”! memtb 2024
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by duck911
Nope.

Been a sudden first responder a few times when coming across and accident (I am an EMT from some work I did in college) but never felt the need to do a citizens arrest.

Part of it is living in safe area, some of it is situational awareness, much of it, probably luck.

Like I said in another post, I (probably) wouldn't step in unless my or mine were in immediate danger. Jurors and civil suites are a crap shoot. I'll pass.

Closest I ever came was in San Jose. About 10 buddies and I were walking in downtown S.J. after a Sharks NHL game. We took a wrong turn or three, and ended up a bit off the beaten path. Passed an alleyway where a woman was clearly fixing to get raped. Kind of in unison, we all stepped rapidly into the alley to lend a hand. It was 10 vs 1. Dude ran out the other side, we called the cops and stayed until they arrived.

Good on you fellas for that.

Did the Sharks win?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Only time I came close to intervening in anything was as I described in the other thread.

Attractive young Hispanic woman in workout gear passes me on a trail in a park I was bird watching in, shoots me a look of fear and desperation as she walks by, like she wanted help.

It ain’t far from the parking lot so I follow at a discrete distance with my two off-leash heelers in tow. She gets into her car and a large dangerous-looking tattooed criminal type stands close enough to block the door from closing. They commence to argue, she is scared wants to leave.

I commence to watch birds far enough away so as not to be in it, close enough to be “there”. No one else in sight.

Lasted about five minutes, he steps back, she slams the door and takes off, he returns to his vehicle and leaves.

Huge relief for me, if he woulda got violent I’d a had to do something, and probably not a citizen’s arrest.

I was packing my j-frame.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Never any of that. Stepped in and evened up a fight or two at times, ran some bikers out of a friend’s bar once after a call from his wife who was tending it. Responded to alarms at that place with my buddy a few times, beat the sheriff by enough time to clear the place. Deputy commented that we were better armed than he was. Told him we didn’t have a radio to call the cavalry with, it was just us, and the folks who didn’t like us warranted it. He agreed. Other than that, life has been fairly peaceful. Guess I mind my own business and don’t go too many places where such opportunities are found. I work all day, then it’s back to the farm and into bed by 9 or so. Not too much happening out there.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
At least over 1k personally probably involved in a couple thousand initiated by others. Made a living as a floorwalker ( verbiage old dudes understand) while in college. Back then they allowed you to carry as well if certified. Couldn't get away with the chit we did back then.

Turned it into a 15 year career climbing the Target Corp ladder.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
better have your ducks in a row when you try it.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Nope. Not my job. Thats what my cell phone is for

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I get in the middle of stuff all time and wish I could just let it slide. But I've never made a citizens arrest and have no plans to start. I don't like anyone on my property that doesn't have permission, especially poachers. I have plenty of stories but don't want to bore anyone. All I will say is, it's definitely good to know the Sheriff and DA on a first name basis.

Life is good live it while you can.
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
I don't understand how someone can say it's not their job or duty to look out for one another. There's plenty bad guys out there and they hope the good guys will roll over instead of protect one another. Some guys on here act like girls or worse.

Last edited by TrueGrit; 05/14/20.

Life is good live it while you can.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I can see very few reasons I would.

The older I become the more I am convinced that the voice of honor in a man's heart is the voice of GOD.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (21, 007FJ, 2500HD, 160user, 1234, 1beaver_shooter, 73 invisible), 2,591 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,090
Posts18,482,931
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.