Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
The democrats are concentrating on keeping the house and wining the senate. With both senate and house they will not care who is president. Besides they can impeach with control in both houses. Do not let the democrats sucker you.

Why do you post the exact same comments, word for word, multiple times? We get it, already.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
That they are, Dan.

I remember my Dad talking about "Throw the bums out", "NO Incumbents" and "There's gonna be a Revolution" back in the early 70's when I was getting out of high school.

This from a twice wounded WWII vet that went across Europe with Patton and epitomized the word Patriot.

At the time, I though he was a little nuts.

The older I got, the smarter he got.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by local_dirt
That they are, Dan.

I remember my Dad talking about "Throw the bums out", "NO Incumbents" and "There's gonna be a Revolution" back in the early 70's when I was getting out of high school.

This from a twice wounded WWII vet that went across Europe with Patton and epitomized the word Patriot.

The no incumbents is always a nonstarter. We've heard it a million times, but it never happens. Term limits are the only hope and there ain't much hope for that either.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
IMHO most politicians go to Wshington to get rich, far richer than their salaries would allow. True for Republicans as well as Democrats. McConnell's wife's businesses involving China just might be helped by his prominent position.

That is what the the deep state is about. Trump is a threat to all of them. He was already rich and can't be bought. Despite his bombastic behavior, he's probably the first honest president we've had since Eisenhower, or maybe Carter.

The Senate Judiciary committee keeps saying they are going to get to the bottom of the mess. Well, if they wanted to, they could subpoena Obama or someone in the next five minutes. Duh!

But what choice do we have? Vote for some communist? If the Demorats had any smarts, they'd find someone like Harry Truman, Joseph Lieberman, Sam Nunn, or Scoop Jackson to run.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
The democrats are concentrating on keeping the house and wining the senate. With both senate and house they will not care who is president. Besides they can impeach with control in both houses. Do not let the democrats sucker you.

Why do you post the exact same comments, word for word, multiple times? We get it, already.

A lot of people don't get it. Look at Seafire's comment. If we loose the Senate we will loose our nation. Almost happened in 2016. I think Arizona's Republican Senator is going to flip Democrat. I am not optimistic about regaining the House. Hope I am wrong on all accounts.

IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
That they are, Dan.

The no incumbents is always a nonstarter. We've heard it a million times, but it never happens. Term limits are the only hope and there ain't much hope for that either.

Newt Gingrich tried to get term limits as part of his Contract with America. His Contact with America turned the House Republican for the first time in decades. But fat chance for getting the Congress to vote for term limits.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Those of us beating up on Mitch, have we forgotten him steering two scotus seats?

How about him killing the impeachment in the Senate?

He’s up for re-election.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
Originally Posted by KFWA
I do sense that the base is angry about the lack of inaction

but I remember that these men were not allies of Trump until he won the election. Then they decided it was prudent to support him out of self interest.

And now he and Flimsy are showing it. I guess they are finally forced to act in the interest of the deep state, since it looks like the Covid intervention isn't working.

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by LeroyBeans
That they are, Dan.

Newt Gingrich tried to get term limits as part of his Contract with America. His Contact with America turned the House Republican for the first time in decades. But fat chance for getting the Congress to vote for term limits.

Therein lies the problem. You can't expect those bastards to vote for term limits against themselves

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Convention of States. just sayin.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Convention of States. just sayin.

Wondering who might convene that.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Why do so many spell the word "lose" with two o's? Just wondering.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Those of us beating up on Mitch, have we forgotten him steering two scotus seats?

He’s up for re-election.

Old_Toot, McConnell's obligation is to respect and follow the Constitution, and as a Republican, steer Conservative ideals.

Noting that he helped with killing the impeachment in the Senate is like noting bears eat blueberries and schit in the woods. Damn near an auto-pilot act of self preservation.

Lest we all forget, he and Trump were trading head butts initially up front after Trump's inauguration.

PS- Mollie Hemingway is the bomb and one helluva journalist. Wonder if she's dating. ?

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The lobbyists run this country. They even write the laws. The lobbyists are hired by big business, special interests, foreign countries. They get the billions for lobbing congress critters for their interests. The money has a way of going into re-election accounts, off shore accounts of said congress critters. Thats how they get rich while in office. We don't hear about them. Follow the money. McConnell 's on the take and is part of the swamp. That is why the rinos are against Trump and US.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There is a fox news story where Trump referenced this article and told Mitch time is running out to get something done. Yet to be seen If this motivates the turtle to do something.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

He’s up for re-election.

Old_Toot, McConnell's obligation is to respect and follow the Constitution, and as a Republican, steer Conservative ideals.

Noting that he helped with killing the impeachment in the Senate is like noting bears eat blueberries and schit in the woods. Damn near an auto-pilot act of self preservation.

Lest we all forget, he and Trump were trading head butts initially up front after Trump's inauguration.

PS- Mollie Hemingway is the bomb and one helluva journalist. Wonder if she's dating. ?

Did we leave out steering the 2 scotus seats successfully ?

I have no problem with anyone butting heads with the president. What I do have a problem with is the poster child, Paul Ryan.

Hey, hey.,,yes on Mollie X 10.

It’s my opinion that the past is the past and we better be looking to the here and now but that’s just me.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 45_100
There is a fox news story where Trump referenced this article and told Mitch time is running out to get something done. Yet to be seen If this motivates the turtle to do something.

What is it that Mitch needs to do beyond seating federal judges asap and fleshing out the bullscchitt that the House sends to the Senate ?

I believe that he’s doing both is he not ?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

He’s up for re-election.

I have no problem with anyone butting heads with the president. What I do have a problem with is the poster child, Paul Ryan.

It’s my opinion that the past is the past and we better be looking to the here and now but that’s just me.

I just want to see Mitch stand more in the President's corner, and not trying to further extend his own fifedom.

The dhims put a lot of body shots on the Prez during all that Russia Russia Russia bull that I don't recall seeing a lot of Rinos helping him fend off.

As far as Mollie goes, Ooh La La.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

He’s up for re-election.

I just want to see Mitch stand more in the President's corner, and not trying to further extend his own fifedom.

The dhims put a lot of body shots on the Prez during all that Russia Russia Russia bull that I don't recall seeing a lot of Rinos helping him fend off.

As far as Mollie goes, Ooh La La.

You’re exactly right. Trump pretty much made the rinos fish or cut bait sending several into retirement and getting some to cross the aisle to the republican side. He had very little help with the exception of a few.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm sure when Mitch retires, the next Senate Majority Leader will be everything everyone had hoped for. We would have a Liberal Supreme Court majority if not for McConnell. When the Supreme Court finally flips, that's when we will have something to actually bitch about.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

629 members (219DW, 1minute, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 67 invisible), 2,580 guests, and 1,205 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,480
Posts18,490,125
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.