Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Jeebus....we absolutely hate welfare.....but absolutely hate abortion.

Cry about demographic shift.....but bitch about big families.

Sheesh.

Jim, welfare and abortion are both from the same people with the same agenda. And big families are not the problem. Welfare trash having kids to get more money is a problem, easily solved by temporary sterilization as a condition of assistance. Also, decrease the attraction of welfare by making the recipient provide a return of value to the community, such as farming them out to the road department or local farmers to work every day as long as they are on the dole. Make it a last resort, and remove the attraction to create children seen as nothing more than a meal ticket.

We need to have big families, to maintain a viable society. We need to stop immigration completely as well, at least until we sort out our own demographic issues. People who exhibit serious personality and mental issues should be prevented from procreating. We need to streamline the process for financially solvent and upstanding married couples to adopt American children, rather than forcing those who want to adopt to look at Africa and Asia for that. It is prohibitively expensive and very slow to adopt an American child in most cases, which send folks looking overseas for more economical and assured results for their efforts. That needs to stop.

Grown women who get pregnant should be encouraged to keep their child, and helped with finding adoptive parents if that is needed. Young girls who get pregnant are still the responsibility of their parents, and the child should be raised by the family or placed for adoption. If a thirteen year old girl is getting pregnant, it shows a serious lack of attention by the parents in the vast majority of cases, which in no way justifies the murder of an innocent child to prevent the family from being inconvenienced.

Make people live with the consequences of their actions or lack thereof, and personal responsibility will make a comeback. My girls understood early on that if they got pregnant, childhood was over, and they would be expected to be a mother and provider to that child. They knew that I was not going to coddle them and blame it all on the father, and life would get real tough, real quick. They are in their twenties now, and neither has a child yet. Both value children enough that, if they got pregnant, abortion would not be an option. We have to be responsible, and like everything else we teach them, we have to pass on morals and responsibility to our children. And as a society, we have to create options for children who are the product of irresponsibility that do not include killing them before they ever have a chance at life. It may not be pretty always in the interim, but it needs to happen if we are to remain a viable society. A society that kills its children is destined for the dustbin of history.

No one would sacrifice a minute to make those changes.

I am MAGA.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by djs
I personally don't like abortion, but it is a medical issue between a woman and her doctor. There are many reasons why a woman wants an abortion, ranging from convenience to saving her life and all degrees in between. It is not my place to question her motives nor her doctor's.

I do find it interesting that many here on the 'fire rail at any any suggestion of government intervention into THEIR own person lives, but favor governmental intervention into this medical issue.

Those same people who support abortion would gladly take your guns there genius.

Its not my place.......go lay down.

I am MAGA.
J
jimy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J

Sheesh.

Jim, welfare and abortion are both from the same people with the same agenda. And big families are not the problem. Welfare trash having kids to get more money is a problem, easily solved by temporary sterilization as a condition of assistance. Also, decrease the attraction of welfare by making the recipient provide a return of value to the community, such as farming them out to the road department or local farmers to work every day as long as they are on the dole. Make it a last resort, and remove the attraction to create children seen as nothing more than a meal ticket.

We need to have big families, to maintain a viable society. We need to stop immigration completely as well, at least until we sort out our own demographic issues. People who exhibit serious personality and mental issues should be prevented from procreating. We need to streamline the process for financially solvent and upstanding married couples to adopt American children, rather than forcing those who want to adopt to look at Africa and Asia for that. It is prohibitively expensive and very slow to adopt an American child in most cases, which send folks looking overseas for more economical and assured results for their efforts. That needs to stop.

Grown women who get pregnant should be encouraged to keep their child, and helped with finding adoptive parents if that is needed. Young girls who get pregnant are still the responsibility of their parents, and the child should be raised by the family or placed for adoption. If a thirteen year old girl is getting pregnant, it shows a serious lack of attention by the parents in the vast majority of cases, which in no way justifies the murder of an innocent child to prevent the family from being inconvenienced.

Make people live with the consequences of their actions or lack thereof, and personal responsibility will make a comeback. My girls understood early on that if they got pregnant, childhood was over, and they would be expected to be a mother and provider to that child. They knew that I was not going to coddle them and blame it all on the father, and life would get real tough, real quick. They are in their twenties now, and neither has a child yet. Both value children enough that, if they got pregnant, abortion would not be an option. We have to be responsible, and like everything else we teach them, we have to pass on morals and responsibility to our children. And as a society, we have to create options for children who are the product of irresponsibility that do not include killing them before they ever have a chance at life. It may not be pretty always in the interim, but it needs to happen if we are to remain a viable society. A society that kills its children is destined for the dustbin of history.

No one would sacrifice a minute to make those changes.

Some of us do every day, its called parenting, and it sacrifices nothing ! .

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Sheesh.

"We need to have big families, to maintain a viable society."

Big families can be had by paying each woman having a baby (either in or out-of-wedlock) an annual amount of (say $1,700) for each child. This is what they do in Japan.
see: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2018/01/why-people-in-japan-are-being-paid-to-have-babies

On the other hand, who are you to regulate morality. If you believe something, that's fine, it's your business. But who are you to impose your moral beliefs or regulate another persons beliefs?

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by TrueGrit
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
I'm not for abortion but without it the US of A would of been no more years ago. Abortion and euthanisa go hand in hand in my way of thinking. I want to be able to go to sleep when the time comes and not suffer through a prolonged terminal illness so the medical industry can suck the life and money out of my family. The main question I have, is how can a Christian person be for the death penalty and against abortion? We quit Bible study with all the hippocrates over that question.

You don’t understand the differences between murder and justice?

Amazing to compare the two. Amazing.

More than a few innocent people have been unjustly murdered by the death penalty. Life and death can require some difficult choices. When a 14 year old boy knocks up a 13 year old girl I'm sure glad there's other options than having a child.

The pregnancy/abortion rate for 15 and younger is the lowest of all age groups with 15 to 19 second lowest, the highest being 20 - 24 with second highest 24 - 29. One or more prior abortions runs close to half across all age groups with 30 and over the highest.

IC B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Supporting families and abandoning the welfare state? On a national level?

What?

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Originally Posted by Gun_Geezer
Originally Posted by jackmountain
How many railing hard against abortion have adopted an unwanted child or two? Foster parent?
Ballz? Jimy?anyone? If we're gonna bring 650,000 more parentless/unwanted children a year, into a system where there's an average of only 400,000 in foster care/seeking adoption at any time, about 800% more folks are gonna have to step up to the plate and take some of these kids in.

Anyone ready to take in a few?

Not my job to raise someone elses child, but kudos to those that do.

Your arguments are empty. Abortion is murder. The argument stops there.

Pretty much what I figured the replies would be. Bunch of talk til the heavy lifting starts.

JM, my wife and I would take on some children in a heartbeat, as our own. Tried it lately? Better have lots of money, be ok with only having them for a little bit, and having the government involved in it every step of the way. That’s just being foster parents. Adoption is much more convoluted and expensive. The problem is not a lack of folks to take kids in, it’s all the roadblocks placed in the way by the government. The agenda is depopulation, and abortion and societal destruction are simply two facets of it. Ask yourself, why is a guy whose father was the head of Planned Parenthood and a noted eugenics supporter, and who has publicly stated his own belief that the world’s population needs significant reduction, so interested in vaccines? You want to take a shot from that guy?

Depopulation is a wide-ranging and many-faceted project with a lot of money and people behind it. We need to be fighting it tooth and nail, having big families and raising them up to be responsible and do the same. We need to stop the murder of innocents in our own society, and make it attractive to create loving homes for unwanted children. These [bleep] have been working hard at destroying our society on a lot of fronts for a long time, and getting it back is not going to happen simply by shooting the ones you can see in the face. We also have to fix the rot they have planted in our midst, and make the nation a light on a hill again, rather than an example of what not to be. Stopping the murder of innocent children would be a good start, but just saving their lives is not enough. We have to make a society that fosters them once they are here, too.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I'm not for abortion but without it the US of A would of been no more years ago. Abortion and euthanisa go hand in hand in my way of thinking. I want to be able to go to sleep when the time comes and not suffer through a prolonged terminal illness so the medical industry can suck the life and money out of my family. The main question I have, is how can a Christian person be for the death penalty and against abortion? We quit Bible study with all the hippocrates over that question.

You don’t understand the differences between murder and justice?

Amazing to compare the two. Amazing.

More than a few innocent people have been unjustly murdered by the death penalty. Life and death can require some difficult choices. When a 14 year old boy knocks up a 13 year old girl I'm sure glad there's other options than having a child.

I agree that our Justice System isn’t a perfect one but dna doesn’t lie. You’re right about the difficult choices involved.

It can be different when it comes right up to a person’s front door step.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
No....its called the adoption industry.

I am MAGA.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by djs
I personally don't like abortion, but it is a medical issue between a woman and her doctor. There are many reasons why a woman wants an abortion, ranging from convenience to saving her life and all degrees in between. It is not my place to question her motives nor her doctor's.

I do find it interesting that many here on the 'fire rail at any any suggestion of government intervention into THEIR own person lives, but favor governmental intervention into this medical issue.

A “medical issue “, you say ?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B3

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Liberty is messy. It leaves big gaps in outcomes that big-headed “experts” then feel they can step into and “solve”.

These questions get especially messy when one persons apparent right steps on the right/rights of another. That’s the situation with abortion; seems to me one of the clearest and most universally recognized forms of injustice is to make a child pay for his father’s crime yet we do it constantly.

The argument that the lives stopped by abortion aren’t worthwhile ones ignores the messiness of liberty without recognizing the core issue. The problem is that we have allowed govt “experts” to make the consequences of poor decisions less painful. The solution to that isn’t to trample the liberty of the innocent but to hold responsible the guilty party.

We as a country have fallen from the firm stand we once took that “all men are created equal and are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights”. First principles that once guided us through the messiness of liberty are now ignored.

It’ll be the end of free society as we know it and we’re seeing it before our very eyes.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

A “medical issue “, you say ?

Clearly it’s a medical issue for both patients; most often of much heavier weight for one than the other.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by jimy
Its the democrats supporting these deaths , of their own voters, not only is it sick, but it makes no sense !

It makes no sense in the short term, but the liberals are nothing if not long term thinkers. The end game is that once they have sufficient power, then the abortion machine will be turned on those who don't support them. It will be the children of conservatives who will be killed in the womb. Those who are born will be taken from their parents. That's how I see it playing out, others will poo-pah the idea that such a thing would ever happen here in the US. I used to think that too, but I am seeing and hearing things in this country that I never dreamed possible.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Wife and I decided long ago we didnt want kids. Took no chances, got a vasectomy. No big family for us. Guess we are part of the problem too then?

DON’T BE TOO PROUD OF THIS TECHNOLOGICAL TERROR YOU’VE CONSTRUCTED. THE ABILITY TO DESTROY A PLANET IS INSIGNIFICANT NEXT TO THE POWER OF THE FORCE.

- Darth Vader
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by djs
On the other hand, who are you to regulate morality. If you believe something, that's fine, it's your business. But who are you to impose your moral beliefs or regulate another persons beliefs?

So a man could label you undesirable and kill you since that’s his morality? I mean c’mon; who are you to regulate the morality of another?

Or, perhaps you agree that the line limiting one man’s freedom is the point at which it impedes those of another?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
1st i sleep terrible every night in pain always at 67 years of age.

2nd Abortion is just wrong we as humans who truely believe in Christ our Savior and God know it is a form of killing. and that is a SIN against GOD ! these liberals are against God ,Guns and now Trump,there wil be a day of reckoning !

Last edited by pete53; 05/20/20.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I adopted an unemployed possum.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
I sleep like a non-aborted baby most every damned night.

Took me 50+ years to realize that there are things of which I just can't control.

FJB & FJT
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
All the myriad of issues we face as a society can be nicely packaged up and placed in one of two categories.

It's a spiritual battle and all issues fit into either the "good" or the "evil" box.

it takes no brain power whatsoever to figure out which box abortion fits into, for those not spiritually blinded by their own desires and selfishness. No surprise at all jackmountain can't see that.

Last edited by Fireball2; 05/20/20.

LOL
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Brian Power to the Rescue 💩💩💩

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

661 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 16penny, 60 invisible), 2,582 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,848
Posts18,496,962
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.