Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

A “medical issue “, you say ?

Clearly it’s a medical issue for both patients; most often of much heavier weight for one than the other.

Yeah, like bacon and eggs. The chicken is involved. The hog is committed.

If it’s not “necessary “ then it’s not a medical issue. It’s a choice. That’s why it’s known as Pro Choice and not Pro Medical.

Jmo

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
They know there's at least a chance of preventing you or someone from your bloodline from infecting the rest of the species.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Brian Power to the Rescue 💩💩💩

Is that you Brian?

How you been?

I am MAGA.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Brian Power to the Rescue 💩💩💩

Good morning to the campfires favorite troll.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
How many railing hard against abortion have adopted an unwanted child or two? Foster parent?
Ballz? Jimy?anyone? If we're gonna bring 650,000 more parentless/unwanted children a year, into a system where there's an average of only 400,000 in foster care/seeking adoption at any time, about 800% more folks are gonna have to step up to the plate and take some of these kids in.

Anyone ready to take in a few?

Old folks is a burden too, so we should slip them the needle, could be done quite painlessly.

But as to your argument that women getting abortions are too drunk/stoned/down and out to raise a kid.....

...that don’t seem to be the majority of abortions. IME abortions are most often gotten by women for financial/convenience reasons. As in “a baby doesn’t fit into my plans right now”. Same mindset that is driving women away in droves from marriage and any children at all. All just parts of the Satanic madness that is crushing Western civilization.

OTOH I have been occasionally humbled by the courage of some pregnant teenage high school girls, their whole friggin world is about to be upended and rearranged, yet they go through with it “because it’s not the baby’s fault”. Of course, that class of kid is likely to succeed anyway.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

If it’s not “necessary “ then it’s not a medical issue. It’s a choice. That’s why it’s known as Pro Choice and not Pro Medical.

Jmo

Well said I’d not thought of it from that point of view.

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by djs
I personally don't like abortion, but it is a medical issue between a woman and her doctor. There are many reasons why a woman wants an abortion, ranging from convenience to saving her life and all degrees in between. It is not my place to question her motives nor her doctor's.

I do find it interesting that many here on the 'fire rail at any any suggestion of government intervention into THEIR own person lives, but favor governmental intervention into this medical issue.

The Louisiana Department of Public Health says:

"One out of 8,475 women dies from pregnancy complications. The most common causes of death for pregnant women are:
- Emboli (blood clots affecting the heart and brain);
- Eclampsia (high blood pressure complications affecting pregnancy);
- Heavy bleeding (Hemorrhage);
- Sepsis (severe infection);
- Cerebral vascular accidents (stroke, bleeding in the brain); and
- Anesthesia-related deaths.

"Altogether, these causes account for 80 percent of all deaths relating to a woman's pregnancy."

So, I do think there are some medical issues that may come into play.

There are additional medical issues as well that may make an abortion necessary. BUT, the big issue to me is I don't want other people to inject their moral values into others lives. And, from what I see in many postings here, isn't this what most here demand as well?

D
djs Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by efw

Clearly it’s a medical issue for both patients; most often of much heavier weight for one than the other.

Jmo

I agree, "If it’s not “necessary “ then it’s not a medical issue. It’s a choice. That’s why it’s known as Pro Choice and not Pro Medical"

But then, my ancestors come to America is 1657 to have the freedom to make up their own minds. Who is in a position to inflict their moral beliefs on another?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Adoptions would be much more common if it wasn't so expensive. I've heard of couples paying as much as $50k and 20 to 30k is common. There are millions of good solid couples out there who would love to adopt but they simply don't have the means. My question is, who gets all that money? Lawyers? Agencies? Someone has to be raking it in.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by jackmountain
650,000 children a year being "raised" by folks who not only don't have the desire to do it, but have neither the economic resources, the mental stability or the sobriety to do it.
What could go wrong? Everyone will be able to "sleep at night" then though, because at least they weren't aborted. You should be just as passionate about protecting children from physical abuse, mental abuse, starvation, and being left to raise themselves because 95% of the idiots who will be forced to keep them should be shot in the head to begin with.

You have a better way with words than I do.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
IC B3

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
So it is a proven fact that liberals hold the count for the most abortions performed in the USA, interesting.

Just that in itself makes me wonder about another statistic that may possibly exist, as in the case of, how many Non-Christian opposed to Christian abortions are performed each year.

Does anyone here have enough knowledge or study of the subject to speak to it?

Lynn

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by djs

But then, my ancestors come to America is 1657 to have the freedom to make up their own minds. Who is in a position to inflict their moral beliefs on another?

Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by djs
On the other hand, who are you to regulate morality. If you believe something, that's fine, it's your business. But who are you to impose your moral beliefs or regulate another persons beliefs?

So a man could label you undesirable and kill you since that’s his morality? I mean c’mon; who are you to regulate the morality of another?

Or, perhaps you agree that the line limiting one man’s freedom is the point at which it impedes those of another?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by efw

Jmo

I agree, "If it’s not “necessary “ then it’s not a medical issue. It’s a choice. That’s why it’s known as Pro Choice and not Pro Medical"

Strange that anyone would inject the “morals” argument into stopping a beating heart of a defenseless human that has its own dna, separate of the host mother’s dna.

Who is in a position to inflict that upon another living being ?

I guess you do have the “freedom “ to kill the defenseless and dependent.

J
jimy Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
I personally do not know anyone who works in the abortion industry sector. My original post was about the Dr.'s but there are plenty of others involved, reps and sales people that earn a living providing the tools these services to make it all happen.

I think it was Clint Eastwood that first said " that dying isn't much of a living " , I can see that more clearly now.

Once again how do these people sleep knowing what tomorrow is going to bring ?

Does anyone take donuts to work on those special days , birthdays ,holidays, how about Christmas bonuses ? frown

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How do doctors that perform abortions sleep at night?

Probably next to a naked, hot lady. All while giving zero f*#%s what anyone else feels about their life choices.

Just like every other adult.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Backroads

Probably next to a naked, hot lady. All while giving zero f*#%s what anyone else feels about their life choices.

Yessir.
We can all justify what we do.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The practice likely contributes to reduced welfare rolls to some degree. Probably get flamed, but I see it as a personal choice, whereupon if it's not me and mine, I have no say.

Humans have killed one another and every other species since the beginning of time over nothing but differences in opinion or greed. I see no shift in the near future.

Have not read anywhere near the whole thread, but Cookie and I did an early term procedure early in our marriage and college careers when we were living on the financial edge. Had we not done so, the unscheduled responsibilities would have required our withdrawal, and our income and experiences over the following 40 years would have been about one third of what we've actually accomplished.

Likely many similar experiences here, but few are willing to own up.

Last edited by 1minute; 05/20/20.

1Minute
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Yessir.

I gotta disagree. Some things are not justifiable. Murdering children is one of them.

MAGA
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Wanna see heads explode? Propose a law that says "Pro Choice" means you get to choose being on welfare or having a baby - but not both.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Yessir.

I gotta disagree. Some things are not justifiable. Murdering children is one of them.

“The Individual “, Gruff.

Just like you can justify what you do. Others do the same even for what you and I would call heinous. Those that do so on a regular basis can and do justify their actions.

We ain’t talking what’s right or wrong.

Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 21, 10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,451 guests, and 1,221 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,447
Posts18,489,641
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.