-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Long ago I got a woman pregnant, she went and had an abortion, against my wishes, nothing I could do about it and I was willing to do anything necessary.

The following decade when I was married my wife lost three, I don’t expect God works that way but I figured poetic justice, on me anyhow. Fortunately she brung a young son into the marriage and I got to raise him as my own.

For me, Pro-Life is my #1 issue at the ballot box, if that ain’t sacred, what is?

Adoptions? My sister and her husband adopted four kids from Poland,In terms of cost it was about like buying a house, and 15 years later the kids are grown but my sister is still living paycheck to paycheck.

Finally I’ll say it again; all these women getting abortions are not down and out broken alcoholic drug addicts, it’s almost always abortion for convenience, end of story.

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 05/20/20.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
2 Aleve and a Benedryl usually does it for me.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
Originally Posted by djs
Originally Posted by efw

A “medical issue “, you say ?

Clearly it’s a medical issue for both patients; most often of much heavier weight for one than the other.

Yeah, like bacon and eggs. The chicken is involved. The hog is committed.

If it’s not “necessary “ then it’s not a medical issue. It’s a choice. That’s why it’s known as Pro Choice and not Pro Medical.

Jmo

I agree, "If it’s not “necessary “ then it’s not a medical issue. It’s a choice. That’s why it’s known as Pro Choice and not Pro Medical"

But then, my ancestors come to America is 1657 to have the freedom to make up their own minds. Who is in a position to inflict their moral beliefs on another?

Strange that anyone would inject the “morals” argument into stopping a beating heart of a defenseless human that has its own dna, separate of the host mother’s dna.

Who is in a position to inflict that upon another living being ?

I guess you do have the “freedom “ to kill the defenseless and dependent.

I don't consider a fetus to be human in the very early stages, at least for the first trimester. Certainly, it is a human in the third trimester. Perhaps we should consider a surgeon who removes a tumor to be a murderer as well, after all, he is removing a living tissue.

The sex of a human "fetus" can be determined via blood test after 9 weeks and ultra sound at 12 weeks

Do tumors develop into male or female?

Can tumors survive outside the host's body beyond certain point to eventually become a functioning individual being?

Do you use the term your "fetus" in conversation with an expectant friend or family member's wanted pregnancy?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by add
2 Aleve and a Benedryl usually does it for me.

No worries Dude, the big sleep comes for all of us, sooner of later.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Daughter gets violently raped, becomes pregnant? You'll tell her no way honey, you need to keep this child.

Wife's dying but could be saved with a treatment that would ultimately kill the baby? Sorry babe, guess you're a goner....

Seriously? Everyone of you would stick to your morals on this in those circumstances?

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Daughter gets violently raped, becomes pregnant? You'll tell her no way honey, you need to keep this child.

Wife's dying but could be saved with a treatment that would ultimately kill the baby? Sorry babe, guess you're a goner....

Seriously? Everyone of you would stick to your morals on this in those circumstances?

The ol’ straw baby arguments. There’s always circumstances, but here in the real world the vast majority are abortions for convenience

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Haven't read all of this so maybe it's been asked, but I wonder sometimes about the flip side of this debate. When is it morally right to pull the plug on someone? Isn't that also killing a human being?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

There are many who ask how we as hunters can sleep at night. It is a matter of perspective.

Equating children to animals is not a matter of perspective.

That is your perspective.

They are not children until they are breathing absent a placenta. What they are destined to become, they are not yet.

It is no more morally wrong to withhold the sperm from the egg, than it is to flush the fertilized blastula from the uterus via an IUD, than it is to scrape a 1'st trimester fetus from the womb.

There is not yet a conscience. There is not yet a soul.

That is the answer to how they sleep at night.

You're a freaking monster!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Weak arguments that aren't representative of 99.9% of abortions

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by moosemike
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

There are many who ask how we as hunters can sleep at night. It is a matter of perspective.

Equating children to animals is not a matter of perspective.

That is your perspective.

They are not children until they are breathing absent a placenta. What they are destined to become, they are not yet.

It is no more morally wrong to withhold the sperm from the egg, than it is to flush the fertilized blastula from the uterus via an IUD, than it is to scrape a 1'st trimester fetus from the womb.

There is not yet a conscience. There is not yet a soul.

That is the answer to how they sleep at night.

Actually it’s like football, sometimes ya gotta look at the slo-mo replays to tell if it were a partial birth abortion or murder.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

The ol’ straw baby arguments. There’s always circumstances, but here in the real world the vast majority are abortions for convenience

It's a legitimate question. Where does everyone stand when it comes to these situations. Would you be for or against in these circumstances?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Weak arguments that aren't representative of 99.9% of abortions

Weak that you won't answer, certainly. Time to go on the record. Where's fireballz?

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
How many railing hard against abortion have adopted an unwanted child or two? Foster parent?
Ballz? Jimy?anyone? If we're gonna bring 650,000 more parentless/unwanted children a year, into a system where there's an average of only 400,000 in foster care/seeking adoption at any time, about 800% more folks are gonna have to step up to the plate and take some of these kids in.

Anyone ready to take in a few?

Im not railing against abortion, but we adopted two brothers in the early seventies. Both are great young men serving our country!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Heym06
How many railing hard against abortion have adopted an unwanted child or two? Foster parent?
Ballz? Jimy?anyone? If we're gonna bring 650,000 more parentless/unwanted children a year, into a system where there's an average of only 400,000 in foster care/seeking adoption at any time, about 800% more folks are gonna have to step up to the plate and take some of these kids in.

Anyone ready to take in a few?

Im not railing against abortion, but we adopted two brothers in the early seventies. Both are great young men serving our country!

Buddy of mine adopted twin sisters, both graduated college this year and doing really well. Outcomes we'd all like to see for sure. Thank both the boys for their service.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Anyone ready to let the wife or daughter die in lieu of taking medical treatments that would save her life yet kill the baby if she was in the first trimester?
Tell your daughter she should give birth and raise the child that resulted from her rape? Is it black and white, good or evil, no in between, or is it ok "sometimes"?

Last edited by jackmountain; 05/20/20.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If circumstances ever matter, these sorts of decisions might well fall into the realm of personal choice, personal responsibility, and personal freedom. Freedom is only achieved when individuals take responsibility for their choices. Individual liberty isn’t just a right, but an obligation.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E

It's a legitimate question. Where does everyone stand when it comes to these situations. Would you be for or against in these circumstances?

In all seriousness when people think through positions most will consider the issue from a run of the mill standpoint. That is, ordinarily and in general, what do I think of X.

Once the general principle is established, then exceptions can be considered.

In my experience the only people who do it the opposite way are those who have already come to a conclusion, or those who wish to pop a gotcha on the conclusions of others.

Either way it’s illogical; one doesn’t determine a rule based upon exceptions.

Therefore my response to this line of argumentation is, if we can agree that as a guiding overarching principle abortion in the absence of these extenuating circumstances is wrong and ought not take place, then we can move forward with a discussion on exceptions.

Now as to the underlying accusation here of hypocrisy that too is illogical. Just because one individual may not maintain the courage of his convictions in regards to a principle doesn’t make the principle false. It just means he lacks courage of convictions with regard to that particular principle.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

If you say so. My three kids and ten grandkids think otherwise. I value their opinions much more than yours.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher

There are rare occasions when it’s not abortion for convenience, those are different.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by efw

In all seriousness when people think through positions most will consider the issue from a run of the mill standpoint. That is, ordinarily and in general, what do I think of X.

Once the general principle is established, then exceptions can be considered.

In my experience the only people who do it the opposite way are those who have already come to a conclusion, or those who wish to pop a gotcha on the conclusions of others.

Either way it’s illogical; one doesn’t determine a rule based upon exceptions.

Therefore my response to this line of argumentation is, if we can agree that as a guiding overarching principle abortion in the absence of these extenuating circumstances is wrong and ought not take place, then we can move forward with a discussion on exceptions.

Now as to the underlying accusation here of hypocrisy that too is illogical. Just because one individual may not maintain the courage of his convictions in regards to a principle doesn’t make the principle false. It just means he lacks courage of convictions with regard to that particular principle.

Great reply.

The DIPCHIT ADD, after a morning of drinking:

You despair, repeatedly, constantly! daily basis?
A despair ninny.
Sack up, despire ninny.

Page 9 of 22 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

520 members (10gaugeman, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1936M71, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 2,442 guests, and 1,245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,444
Posts18,489,584
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.