-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Write me a check for million bucks and I'll go out and campaign for Hillary.

1Minute
GB1

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
I never understood any of the celebs doing commercials. Alex trebek, manning, a whole list, even trump. William shatner i really wish would retire

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by kennyd
I never understood any of the celebs doing commercials. Alex trebek, manning, a whole list, even trump. William shatner i really wish would retire

Really?

Hey, we will give you $10000 to show up and say some chit... OK, where and when?

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by rabst
I actually met him once! He was out near Alpine, TX, with his brother, and a group of friends, on an annual get-together mule deer hunt (Texas is not exactly known for monster mulies, but, apparently, they just liked this particular ranch/outfitter). Seemed to be pretty down to earth. First words out of his mouth (I heard him before I saw him) were "where can I get a beer around here?"

Apparently, back during the filming for Quigley Down Under, he got interested in vintage rifle cartridges. Every year, he'd come out to this hunt with a newly-refurbished antique (I initially cringed, thinking that would just destroy the value of the rifle, but then again, I suppose a rifle owned by Tom Selleck would probably have its own value in the eyes of a collector . . .). This particular year, it was, IIRC, a .45-70 (we were at dinner, so he hadn't brought it along with him). I asked him what he did with the previous year's rifle, since he brought a different one every season, and he told me that he liked to hang the rifles with the shoulder mounts of each year's buck.

Anyway, he seemed to be perfectly comfortable sitting around chit-chatting and sharing a beer with a group of "nobodies." Likeable guy.

But . . . I still wouldn't do a reverse mortgage!

Cool, thanks for sharing.

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
G
gunzo Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by 1minute
Write me a check for million bucks and I'll go out and campaign for Hillary.

Guessing you don't have a million.

If you had 45 million would you campaign for Hillary for another million?

IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
I have heard the first generation builds the fortune, the next generation maintains the fortune, and the third generation pizzes it all away.

I have a third generation friend, from back in my motorcycle period, he sure is still having a good time with cocaine and expensive hookers tho.

There is an old saying, from the Middle East, "Sandals to sandals in three generations."

The first guy is so poor he can't even afford shoes, he has to wear cheap sandals. He works hard and builds a fortune and he finally has nice shoes.
His son maintains, and expands the fortune.
And his son pizzes it all away. Towards the end of his life all he can afford is sandals.

G
g5m Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by rabst
I actually met him once! He was out near Alpine, TX, with his brother, and a group of friends, on an annual get-together mule deer hunt (Texas is not exactly known for monster mulies, but, apparently, they just liked this particular ranch/outfitter). Seemed to be pretty down to earth. First words out of his mouth (I heard him before I saw him) were "where can I get a beer around here?"

Apparently, back during the filming for Quigley Down Under, he got interested in vintage rifle cartridges. Every year, he'd come out to this hunt with a newly-refurbished antique (I initially cringed, thinking that would just destroy the value of the rifle, but then again, I suppose a rifle owned by Tom Selleck would probably have its own value in the eyes of a collector . . .). This particular year, it was, IIRC, a .45-70 (we were at dinner, so he hadn't brought it along with him). I asked him what he did with the previous year's rifle, since he brought a different one every season, and he told me that he liked to hang the rifles with the shoulder mounts of each year's buck.

Anyway, he seemed to be perfectly comfortable sitting around chit-chatting and sharing a beer with a group of "nobodies." Likeable guy.

But . . . I still wouldn't do a reverse mortgage!

I visited with him after a mutual friend's funeral services. We talked about Sharps rifles and he was telling my wife I needed one as a good investment. Heckuva nice guy, I think.

Retired cat herder.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Here he is taking batting practice at Tiger stadium...it is batting practice, but with a wood bat and batting practice speed, it is impressive....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhxeaxBLShU

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Campfire member, Jed1899, stated in the past that he has sold Tom Selleck rare high dollar antique Savage lever rifles.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

188 members (450yukon, 673, 06hunter59, 2ndwind, 10Glocks, 69sportfury, 27 invisible), 1,495 guests, and 1,014 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,976
Posts18,519,864
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.